rich

Default Water baseboard heat will not stop

David wrote:

Rich

What makes you think it is a boiler? Especially when the diagnostic lights
for the boiler says it is working just fine?

David

I have been in this business many years, and
I just KNOW that you need a new boiler.

Never question me.
Jeff Wisnia

wrote:

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:32:55 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

Jeff, you have to realise that this (alt.hvac) is NOT a DYI group or a
question and answer forum. It gets very tiresome when people ask the same
questions over and over again (for years!!) because they are too lazy to
RESEARCH it. They just want someone to do all the work for them. Now, I
agree, the OP said he had tried a local contractor and didn't get
satifaction. But he has to realise: If that guy couldn't figure it out, AND
HE WAS THERE!!, how does he expect someone to do it OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!

There are enough capable people in alt.home.repair. Best if people keep
homeowner questions there......

And those people from alt.hvac who wish to respond to HO
questions also read alt.home.repair, for that purpose.

This is only a thought, but if HOs finding your newsgroup are becoming a
real bother, perhaps the professionals would find things less annoying
if they formed a Yahoo group with a "members only" option? That would
keep out those HO's questions. Its sort of hard to get the average Joe
to stop and think about what the makeup of a newsgroup might be from
just its name, so they just go ahead and crosspost the way David did.

For all I know there's one or more of those Yahoo groups for HVAC
already, huh?

Best Regards, I'll shut up now...

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Henry77

"kjpro" kjpro @ starband . net wrote in message
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Depending on your technical prowess, available tools, and courage, you
may well find it best to leave the job to a professional. The tuition
cost for a DIY heating repair education can escalate pretty fast if
things start going wrong. G

Not to meantion that if certain things go wrong,
the problems he has now are going to be small compared to the cost of a

new
boiler.

Lastly, I have to agree that your posting your question to a
"professional group" wasn't worth wasting address keystrokes on. Those
guys are still stuck in a medieval guild mentality and for reasons I
can't fathom or appreciate, they seem take immense pleasure out of
acting like a bunch of 14 year olds in the school cafeteria, bullying
folks who aren'r in their little clique. Leave 'em to themselves, they
deserve each other.

Well just what do you do for a living??
*Cause by your post.......we know it's not HVAC.

If you do a search on his posts you will see he is a jack of all trades
and master of none. I have seen posts where he belittles people for being
dishonest and then turns and advises people on sources of info on how to
make a 2 headed coin. Damn-- he is into electronics , HVAC , two-headed coin
making, construction,and on and on. It's amazing he has time to post on the
internet -- my google search came up with 5900 hits with his name (of course
some were replies to his messages etc..). I know when I retire I won't spend
my entire "golden years" posting my life away.

snip

---

David

Ok Rich,

So I should base my decision on your recomendations when you cannot even
support them with facts. Like how do you know this? Based on what you have
said, which hasn't been much, you give me no confidence that you even know
what you are talking about.

Maybe throw some technical giberish into your post and maybe I might believe
you.

Thanks anyways,
David

"rich " "rich "@work wrote in message
David wrote:

Rich

What makes you think it is a boiler? Especially when the diagnostic

lights
for the boiler says it is working just fine?

David

I have been in this business many years, and
I just KNOW that you need a new boiler.

Never question me.

m Ransley

Dave , they are just playing with you. Posting at alt hvac is hell if
you are a DIY . Just stop posting there. Try" The Wall" good people
there

David

I know they are, I am just having some fun with them myself .

What is "The Wall"?

Thanks,
David

Rich@Work

David wrote:

Ok Rich,

So I should base my decision on your recomendations when you cannot even
support them with facts. Like how do you know this? Based on what you have
said, which hasn't been much, you give me no confidence that you even know
what you are talking about.

Maybe throw some technical giberish into your post and maybe I might believe
you.

OK...You need a new boiler because....Blow me.

How's that, ****wad?
Dr. Hardcrab

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

This is only a thought, but if HOs finding your newsgroup are becoming a
real bother, perhaps the professionals would find things less annoying
if they formed a Yahoo group with a "members only" option? That would
keep out those HO's questions. Its sort of hard to get the average Joe
to stop and think about what the makeup of a newsgroup might be from
just its name, so they just go ahead and crosspost the way David did.

That would take away all of our fun!!!

;-]

Henry77

"David" wrote in message
Ok Rich,

So I should base my decision on your recomendations when you cannot even
support them with facts. Like how do you know this? Based on what you have
said, which hasn't been much, you give me no confidence that you even know
what you are talking about.

Maybe throw some technical giberish into your post and maybe I might

believe
you.

Thanks anyways,
David

The point is if a "supposed" qualified tech can't figure it out being in
front of the unit how do you expect others far away to know the answer. All
you are getting (at best) is educated guesses. If the first guy you called
couldn't figure it out call someone else but ask if they know hot water
systems -grill them--check with your local BBB for problems and get multiple
estimates. If the estimates seem to agree on the problem pick the one you
feel is best but ask for a guarantee

Henry

David wrote:

Rich

What makes you think it is a boiler? Especially when the diagnostic

lights
for the boiler says it is working just fine?

David

I have been in this business many years, and
I just KNOW that you need a new boiler.

Never question me.

---

Dr. Hardcrab

"David" wrote

What makes you think it is a boiler? Especially when the diagnostic lights
for the boiler says it is working just fine?

My wife has a 2004 Toyota minivan and the tire pressure light keeps coming
on and the tire pressures are fine.

Dr. Hardcrab

"David" wrote

So I should base my decision on your recomendations when you cannot even
support them with facts. Like how do you know this? Based on what you have
said, which hasn't been much, you give me no confidence that you even know
what you are talking about.

Maybe throw some technical giberish into your post and maybe I might

believe
you.

In all seriousness:

Call a couple other companies. Explain to them what is happening and explain
the unsatifactory explaination you got from the first tech that came out.
That way they know that some one else HAS come out and haven't solved the
problem.

You may end up finding a company you can rely on in the future....

Rich@Work

David wrote:

OK...You need a new boiler because....Blow me.

How's that, ****wad?

Once again, you have proven that I cannot even consider your recommendation.
And my confidence in you has dwindled to nothing.

And you have also proven that you are not a professional of any kind.
Because a professional would not act or talk like this.

That may all be true, but my heat is working just fine!

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

David- tell me - will there come a day when you actually just
shut the **** up and go away ? Over here in Alt.hvac we really want
to know ....

"Rich@Work" wrote in message
David wrote:

Ok Rich,

So I should base my decision on your recomendations when you cannot even
support them with facts. Like how do you know this? Based on what you

have
said, which hasn't been much, you give me no confidence that you even

know
what you are talking about.

Maybe throw some technical giberish into your post and maybe I might

believe
you.

OK...You need a new boiler because....Blow me.

How's that, ****wad?

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

Dr. Hardcrab

"David" wrote

Wont you miss me once I am gone?

I certainly will. I haven't had anything to masturbate to in months......

Oscar_Lives

"David" wrote in message
I understand that. Your opinion is that newsgroups are used to shut people
down. My opinion is that newsgroups are to share ideas. That is what makes
the world an interesting place. We all have different opinions, and are
entitled to them.

I'd like you to share with me by giving me a blow job.

Oscar_Lives

"David" wrote in message
I could not agree with you more. I do not know what I am talking about.

That
is why I posted. This way I can get some ideas. That is what newsgroups

are
all about. You have the opinion that I should not be posting, and others

who
are not experts should not be posting. How does everyone else here feel?

I feel like you should suck my dick.

Peggy Johnson

David,
I have been in the Design/Build mechanical contracting business for 30+
years, have had up to 130 employees at a time. I have been reading these
posting for a long time, and firmly maintain these are not professionals as
they claim but are simply uneducated wanna-bes. This is the reason they will
not answer your question. It's not that they won't, it's that they can't.
They would rather spend their time making themselves look like idiots. i.e..
Look at the language they use. (A foul mouth is a sign of a weak mind). If
this is what is out there for so called "professionals" it is no wonder
homeowners seek to fix things themselves. Judging by their posts, I won't
want most of them within 100 miles of any of my properties.
Through the years, I have found that by helping my future customers out, I
have built a multi-million dollar business. And, thanks to a lot of
competitors like these posters we have been and will always be the shining
star of our industry.
By the way, there are several things you would need to look at on your
system. I would first need to know the make of your flo-controls and your
zone valves. There has been recalls through the years on many of each and
they have a simple fix. If we determine this is not the problem, I'll walk
you through the rest of the tests.
TJ
"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news

"David" wrote

What makes you think it is a boiler? Especially when the diagnostic

lights
for the boiler says it is working just fine?

My wife has a 2004 Toyota minivan and the tire pressure light keeps coming
on and the tire pressures are fine.

Dr. Hardcrab

"Peggy Johnson" wrote
David,
I have been in the Design/Build mechanical contracting business for 30+
years, have had up to 130 employees at a time. I have been reading these
posting for a long time, and firmly maintain these are not professionals

as
they claim but are simply uneducated wanna-bes. This is the reason they

will
not answer your question. It's not that they won't, it's that they can't.

That's right. We can't.....

Like someone said in an earlier post:

"My heat is working fine"

So are all of my customer's. And you know what? If they DO have a problem,
they will call me and I will fix their problem in a speedy fashion and at a
fair price. They will be happy and they will tell their friends, who will
tell their friends, and so on, and so on. I will continue to put money in
the bank that will help pay for my house, cars, college educations for my
kids, etc. I accomplish this through my years of experience and schooling in
the HVACR field, not through "wannabe" intensions. (BTW, I have a degree in
Biology).

This education and good work ethics gives me the luxury to sit here at my
computer and tell trolls like you to f*ck off, knowing that no matter how
much you whine, again: "My heat is working fine!" and so are my customer's.

So, TJ or Peggy or whatever you name is: You are a troll and you are the
type that sits at your computer with your pants around your ankles
"pleasuring" your nether regions with every response to your assinine post.
So I'll give you this one. Hope you get your keyboard real sticky.

F*ck Off, asshole...

Now into the killfile you go....

*PLONK*

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:15:12 GMT, "Peggy Johnson"
wrote:

David,
I have been in the Design/Build mechanical contracting business for 30+
years, have had up to 130 employees at a time. I have been reading these
posting for a long time, and firmly maintain these are not professionals as
they claim but are simply uneducated wanna-bes. This is the reason they will
not answer your question. It's not that they won't, it's that they can't.

Blow me, 'Peggy'.

They would rather spend their time making themselves look like idiots. i.e..
Look at the language they use. (A foul mouth is a sign of a weak mind).

My kindergarten tecaher used to say that to her class.

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

I didn't stay with her teachings about Santy Claus and the
Easter Bunny, either. Go figure.

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:02:29 GMT, "Peggy Johnson"
wrote:

Appears it didn't stick. By the way, what is a tecaher?
.. .
wrote:

[...]

bill

In article ,
"Peggy Johnson" wrote:

David,
I have been in the Design/Build mechanical contracting business for 30+
years, have had up to 130 employees at a time. I have been reading these
posting for a long time, and firmly maintain these are not professionals as
they claim but are simply uneducated wanna-bes. This is the reason they will
not answer your question. It's not that they won't, it's that they can't.

Obviously you haven't "been reading these posting for a long time" or do
HVAC/R as a living because you would know why they aren't getting an
answer.

You're either stupid or lying. Fess up TJ. Which is it?

Henry77

"Peggy Johnson" wrote in message
[...]

Well well what do we have here a re-incarnation of either JB Books
(doubtful unless he got a spell checker) or Stormin Mormon- either case if
it is one of them it appears one of them went to Sweden for a sex-change
operation. Strange though with a name of Peggy Johnson you would think "she"
would sign with PJ and not TJ but not surprisingly I did a searches of the
general area "she" is posting from and did not come up with any companies
with her name involved (after all "she" did make the claim that "I have
built a multi-million dollar business"). Must be just another wannabe
playing on the managers computer while on break from their job at one of
the Burger Joints around.

---

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:50:02 GMT, "Henry77" wrote:

"Peggy Johnson" wrote in message

Well well what do we have here a re-incarnation of either JB Books
(doubtful unless he got a spell checker) or Stormin Mormon- either case if
it is one of them it appears one of them went to Sweden for a sex-change

Nah, probably just got too close to something *he* was ****ing
around with when he shouldn't have been :-)

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

*CBHVAC*

wrote:

[...]

Yea..there is...and its moderated...
And its not Stormin Morons..

Best Regards, I'll shut up now...

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Jabs

Dumb **** Bill,
Thanks for helping me prove my claim that you're a stupid ****

Jabs

"dumb **** bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peggy Johnson" wrote:

David,
I have been in the Design/Build mechanical contracting business for 30+
years, have had up to 130 employees at a time. I have been reading these
posting for a long time, and firmly maintain these are not professionals

as
they claim but are simply uneducated wanna-bes. This is the reason they

will
not answer your question. It's not that they won't, it's that they

can't.

Obviously you haven't "been reading these posting for a long time" or do
HVAC/R as a living because you would know why they aren't getting an
answer.

You're either stupid or lying. Fess up TJ. Which is it?

combi vs conventional Colin eclipse 2 UK diy 243 December 25th 05 07:41 PM
A quick question. Ian UK diy 12 February 29th 04 10:34 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM