EN

Default Water on Garage Floor - Please HELP

Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, EN

Charles Spitzer

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
EN wrote:

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

--------MOP-------

squeegee on a mop handle

EN wrote:
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, EN

The cheapest and easiest idea I have - where there is no snow ) - is
indoor/outdoor carpet. Lay it down so that it extends far enough to
catch the water and you don't trip on the edge coming and going. We
bought some for about ? $7 running foot, 12 foot width.

Frank K.

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

EN wrote:

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

--------MOP-------

squeegee on a mop handle

Mop on a squeegee handle.

Ron G

If your garage is enclosed, likely there is a foundation buildup of about 6
inches on the three sides of the floor.
(All sides except the garage door side).
This protects your house itself from water drainage effects.
You should have no worries----

Hope this helps better than some other poster's answers------

Best---
Ron

EN wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, EN

---

David Babcock

Lets see, lift the car with one hand and then use the squeegee?
I say MOP. When I am confronted with a problem that doesn't have a quick
automatic fix I say to myself, "What would they have done years ago?"
Again MOP

Dave

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

EN wrote:

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

--------MOP-------

squeegee on a mop handle

Bob

"EN" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return

from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with

excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried

that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a

drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Get a couple LARGE cardboard boxes. Refridgerator boxes, perhaps.
Open them up, and lay them flat on the floor, covering under the
car and a couple feet outside of where you park. The water drips
on the box, which gradually dries out to be ready for the next
water.

Bob

JerryMouse

EN wrote:
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, EN

Kitty Litter. The clumping kind works best. Then use a rake.

TimS

If you have any drainage at all to the door...
Glue / silicon a dam around your car outline from something cheap, old
garden hose?, around a perimeter that will hold the car's debris.
Taper the ends down 'til they just barely hold the door gasket enough to
allow drainage out.
Guide this now outside water so it does not freeze across the apron and make
you slide.

Tim S

"EN" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am worried that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, EN

Loose Cannon

Don't heat your garage.

m Ransley

#1 idea , Jack up the back of the garage.
#2 idea Park outside
#3 idea Lower the front
#4 idea Take a cab
#5 idea you worry to much

Bob

I would expect the carpet to mildew. The cardboard does break
down over time, but it just gets ratty, and is easily replaced
without expense. It is also easily disposed of, which carpet
would not necessarily be.

Bob

"John" wrote in message
Or an old carpet with a thick pile will work as well and not be

so inclined
to fall apart...

John

"Bob" wrote in message
newsGOBb.503589$Fm2.484107@attbi_s04...

"EN" wrote in message
[...]

Tony Hwang

Hi,
Same here. We drive thru slush, snow all the time in winter.
No one pours garage pad 100% flat.
Tony

John wrote:

Around here, garage floor slabs are poured with a slope towards the doors so
the water drains naturally. On my garage, there is also a row of cement
block above the slab before the studs start.

If your slab does not slope then you need to remove the water/snow regularly
with a shovel/squeegee etc. With no slope, a drain wouldn't likely help
much either.

John

Hot water problem limey Home Repair 9 November 26th 03 02:31 AM
Hot water sulphur smell Robert A. Barr Home Repair 12 November 19th 03 04:37 PM
A Puzzle - Iron and Yellow Colour in the Water Peter Martin Home Repair 51 July 27th 03 07:14 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM