Bob

Default Water on Garage Floor - Please HELP

I would expect the carpet to mildew. The cardboard does break
down over time, but it just gets ratty, and is easily replaced
without expense. It is also easily disposed of, which carpet
would not necessarily be.

Bob

"John" wrote in message
Or an old carpet with a thick pile will work as well and not be

so inclined
to fall apart...

John

"Bob" wrote in message
newsGOBb.503589$Fm2.484107@attbi_s04...

"EN" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My garage floor does not have a drain in it. When I return

from
driving my car in the rain or snow, I have a problem with

excessive
amounts of water collecting on the garage floor. I am

worried
that
this water could cause damage to my walls.

I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve chopping a

drain hole
in the floor. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Get a couple LARGE cardboard boxes. Refridgerator boxes,

perhaps.
Open them up, and lay them flat on the floor, covering under

the
car and a couple feet outside of where you park. The water

drips
on the box, which gradually dries out to be ready for the

next
water.

Bob