Old December 9th 03, 12:42 PM
StacyW

Default RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Old December 9th 03, 02:01 PM
CBHvac

"StacyW" wrote in message
t...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers defects

and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Humm...that might be a local thing, since I cant find that information
anywhere on the Home Depot website, and when I try to get warranty
information on the made in China Ridgid line of power tools, it says to call
internet information, so I did, and batteries are only covered for 2 years
according to someone named Claire that answered.

BTW...that lifetime tool warranty promotion has been going on since before
Thanksgiving....for the money, I will take the Milwaukee standard lifetime
warranty anyday.

Old December 9th 03, 10:16 PM
BigAl

No No NO

It's not the Home Depot that has the warranty

Its the manufacturer!

I just their orbital sander today

With a lifetime warranty, I'm checking into their cordless drills too!`

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/Lifeti...ceWarranty.pdf

Old December 9th 03, 10:27 PM
KL

The lifetime warranty INCLUDES BATTERIES

That's what makes it so good!

Normal wear is EXACTLY what a battery does when it fails to hold a charge,
or does not hold the charge as much as a new battery.

Check the Ridgid website for warranty info

We are giving many relatives Ridgid cordless tools for X-mas

I love it!

Old December 10th 03, 12:37 AM
Mike P

Not as good as it sounds, and I quote from the Ridgid website.

"What is not covered"

"Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered
by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any
incidental or consequential damages."

This means when the thing wears out, breaks, or the batteries stop
holding a charge the they won't cover it. The warranty only covers
defects and workmanship. This isn't like say a Craftsman handtool
warranty.

Old December 10th 03, 01:43 AM
KL

Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID products
may
vary."

om...

Old December 10th 03, 12:52 PM
Zaf

Take a look at it/them and see if they meet YOUR quality expectation
in new. If they do, the warrantee is as good as the name behind it.
Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on
(hand tools)? These companies don't need to offer me a lifetime
warrentee, because they have earned my trust. I do not expect any
tool they make will prove to be defective. I might Rigid a go if I
were convinced the initial quality is there, but I suspect this is not
the case.

"KL" wrote in message . net...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID products
may
vary."

om...

Old December 10th 03, 02:00 PM
m Ransley

Ive heard this warranty is temporary it wont be continued next year,
that may change. But for now it is to bring in new customers. They Seem
well built but as in any new product bugs may be found. Time will tell.

Old December 11th 03, 05:05 AM
CBhvac

"KL" wrote in message
et...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

No disrespect to any of the posters in this thread, but..

It sounds like a way to promote the product...and Lord knows it needs it.

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

Well...it the tool is THAT good...why are they offering the warranty only
till the end of the year?

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL

WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific

this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

Ok..even if it DOES cover each and every thing that may go wrong with the
tool...how many hoops will you have to go through to get warranty service?
Emerson does not make this line. It is made in China. It could be made by
Ryobi, or Hitachi..
We looked at the line, and I have to say, its got to be the gawdawful
ugliest line ever. Home Depot Orange...wonder why that is? I noticed that
the good old Rigid line of saws has changed, and are MUCH cheaper in
contruction than the older Emerson models. Thats just a personal
observation, and looking at it from the standpoint of someone that will use,
and abuse and ask his cordless drills to do things that most will never on a
daily basis, I have to ask...has the line been out long enough to be field
proven? Will it tolerate commercial work? Will it stand up to the daily
beating it will take? How well is customer service? Customer service really
stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a pre-paid return
box for the broken one.

In a couple of years, I might consider them, once they have proven
themselves. None of the professionals that I know will risk trying a new
line right off the start.
Its been talked about in another group, and while the line might be just
fine, its not proven to us. When Milwaukee brought out the LocTor line of
drill, I made a comment to a rep that I wasnt sure about the change in the
drills, but it looked good, and if it stood up like they said, I would buy
one. He gave me a 18V unit, and told me to go abuse it. Run the thing as
hard as we could and if I liked it, he would take it back and give me a
brand new one to put on the van. We did everything you are not supposed to
do to one. Ran 4 1/2 hole saws on high speed, trying to load it up, ran 1
inch mason bits with it...ran 3 inch self feed bits as fast as it would
dig...snapped off a few bits with it...did everything we could to kill it...
A month later, we got our free one, and bought 4 more.

I have to admit tho..that the line of Ridgid drill and power tools will
probably do anything that the average sometimes user wants. They might even
be one hell of a product. I am just not willing to find out in the middle of
a job that they suck.
BTW, I am a die hard Ridge Tool Company user...all our pipe tools, benders,
cutters, wrenches etc are Ridgid. There really is no other line for such.

om...

Old December 11th 03, 11:59 AM
Fullhouse

Just the lifetime on batteries turned me on to them. My Dewalt batteries
lasted about 4 yrs before they lost a substantial charge capacity

I love Toyota and think they make a great car. Would I buy one with only a
1 year warranty because I trust them?

Not me

Dee

"Zaf" wrote in message
om...
Take a look at it/them and see if they meet YOUR quality expectation
in new. If they do, the warrantee is as good as the name behind it.
Does Rigid have the same reputation as dewalt (power tools) or snap on
(hand tools)? These companies don't need to offer me a lifetime
warrentee, because they have earned my trust. I do not expect any
tool they make will prove to be defective. I might Rigid a go if I
were convinced the initial quality is there, but I suspect this is not
the case.

"KL" wrote in message

. net...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED

WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL

WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is

specific to
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

om...