CBhvac

Default RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

"Fullhouse" wrote in message
et...
Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have

run
out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones,
their tool would be warrantied for life!

Not really..its like this...

I know what works.
I know I can afford a new battery IF I need one.
All my Milwaukee stuff still has a warranty...even what I bought 5 years
ago.. just not the batterys, and since you can get them at wholesale
pretty cheap, its not like we didnt buy a few extras to have in case...

For a home user, it is a good thing I suppose...but no..not jealous at all.
If it works for you, and you are happy with it, by all means, buy the
unproven stuff.

thats the way it goes

The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that

So does a few others...this is called a promotion to saturate a market..

Gets my hard earned money

If it works for you...I dont want to be at a jobsite thats promised, with no
temp power, needing that last 4 inch hole cut..
Hey...its not like its not a good idea. Really. But it just seems odd that a
company like Ridge Tool, suddenly switches the entire line over to this made
in China stuff, and has to offer a lifetime warranty. Warranties are good of
course, and thats what I like about the other Ridge tool items we have, but
to warranty a thing like a battery, that is known to fail...and fail
regularly...well, one has to wonder..(like in the service end..) how much
extra are they tacking on to cover a lifetime of failures on a very common
item.
I mean..I can offer a lifetime warranty on thermostats...(factory is 5 year
on the ones we use) but I might have to double the price to cover the ones
that will fail..out of warranty...or any part for that matter...

But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)

"CBhvac" stephenaddressscfrewedonpurpose@carolinabreezehva c.com wrote in
message ...

"KL" wrote in message
et...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

No disrespect to any of the posters in this thread, but..

It sounds like a way to promote the product...and Lord knows it needs

it.

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED

WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

Well...it the tool is THAT good...why are they offering the warranty

only
till the end of the year?

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and

NORMAL
WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is

specific
this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

Ok..even if it DOES cover each and every thing that may go wrong with

the
tool...how many hoops will you have to go through to get warranty

service?
Emerson does not make this line. It is made in China. It could be made

by
Ryobi, or Hitachi..
We looked at the line, and I have to say, its got to be the gawdawful
ugliest line ever. Home Depot Orange...wonder why that is? I noticed

that
the good old Rigid line of saws has changed, and are MUCH cheaper in
contruction than the older Emerson models. Thats just a personal
observation, and looking at it from the standpoint of someone that will

use,
and abuse and ask his cordless drills to do things that most will never

on
daily basis, I have to ask...has the line been out long enough to be

field
proven? Will it tolerate commercial work? Will it stand up to the daily
beating it will take? How well is customer service? Customer service

really
stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a pre-paid

return
box for the broken one.

In a couple of years, I might consider them, once they have proven
themselves. None of the professionals that I know will risk trying a new
line right off the start.
Its been talked about in another group, and while the line might be just
fine, its not proven to us. When Milwaukee brought out the LocTor line

of
drill, I made a comment to a rep that I wasnt sure about the change in

the
drills, but it looked good, and if it stood up like they said, I would

buy
one. He gave me a 18V unit, and told me to go abuse it. Run the thing as
hard as we could and if I liked it, he would take it back and give me a
brand new one to put on the van. We did everything you are not supposed

do to one. Ran 4 1/2 hole saws on high speed, trying to load it up, ran

1
inch mason bits with it...ran 3 inch self feed bits as fast as it would
dig...snapped off a few bits with it...did everything we could to kill

it...
A month later, we got our free one, and bought 4 more.

I have to admit tho..that the line of Ridgid drill and power tools will
probably do anything that the average sometimes user wants. They might

even
be one hell of a product. I am just not willing to find out in the

middle
of
a job that they suck.
BTW, I am a die hard Ridge Tool Company user...all our pipe tools,

benders,
cutters, wrenches etc are Ridgid. There really is no other line for

such.

"Mike P" wrote in message
om...
Not as good as it sounds, and I quote from the Ridgid website.

"What is not covered"

"Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not

covered
by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any
incidental or consequential damages."

This means when the thing wears out, breaks, or the batteries stop
holding a charge the they won't cover it. The warranty only covers
defects and workmanship. This isn't like say a Craftsman handtool
warranty.

"StacyW" wrote in message
et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!