CBhvac

Default RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

"KL" wrote in message
et...
Actually is sounds VERY GOOD

No disrespect to any of the posters in this thread, but..

It sounds like a way to promote the product...and Lord knows it needs it.

I'll quote from the Ridgid website. LOOK UNDER LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY,
which is what the tools purchased till 12/31/03 comes with:

Well...it the tool is THAT good...why are they offering the warranty only
till the end of the year?

"WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THE LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY :
This warranty covers all defects in workmanship or materials and NORMAL

WEAR
items in
this RIDGID tool for the lifetime of the tool. This warranty is specific

this tool
purchased between 9/1/03 and 12/31/03. Warranties for other RIDGID

products
may
vary."

Ok..even if it DOES cover each and every thing that may go wrong with the
tool...how many hoops will you have to go through to get warranty service?
Emerson does not make this line. It is made in China. It could be made by
Ryobi, or Hitachi..
We looked at the line, and I have to say, its got to be the gawdawful
ugliest line ever. Home Depot Orange...wonder why that is? I noticed that
the good old Rigid line of saws has changed, and are MUCH cheaper in
contruction than the older Emerson models. Thats just a personal
observation, and looking at it from the standpoint of someone that will use,
and abuse and ask his cordless drills to do things that most will never on a
daily basis, I have to ask...has the line been out long enough to be field
proven? Will it tolerate commercial work? Will it stand up to the daily
beating it will take? How well is customer service? Customer service really
stands out to me..Milwaukee and Bosch have proven themselves..Bosch will
next day air you a new drill if yours fails, and also send a pre-paid return
box for the broken one.

In a couple of years, I might consider them, once they have proven
themselves. None of the professionals that I know will risk trying a new
line right off the start.
Its been talked about in another group, and while the line might be just
fine, its not proven to us. When Milwaukee brought out the LocTor line of
drill, I made a comment to a rep that I wasnt sure about the change in the
drills, but it looked good, and if it stood up like they said, I would buy
one. He gave me a 18V unit, and told me to go abuse it. Run the thing as
hard as we could and if I liked it, he would take it back and give me a
brand new one to put on the van. We did everything you are not supposed to
do to one. Ran 4 1/2 hole saws on high speed, trying to load it up, ran 1
inch mason bits with it...ran 3 inch self feed bits as fast as it would
dig...snapped off a few bits with it...did everything we could to kill it...
A month later, we got our free one, and bought 4 more.

I have to admit tho..that the line of Ridgid drill and power tools will
probably do anything that the average sometimes user wants. They might even
be one hell of a product. I am just not willing to find out in the middle of
a job that they suck.
BTW, I am a die hard Ridge Tool Company user...all our pipe tools, benders,
cutters, wrenches etc are Ridgid. There really is no other line for such.

"Mike P" wrote in message
om...
Not as good as it sounds, and I quote from the Ridgid website.

"What is not covered"

"Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered
by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any
incidental or consequential damages."

This means when the thing wears out, breaks, or the batteries stop
holding a charge the they won't cover it. The warranty only covers
defects and workmanship. This isn't like say a Craftsman handtool
warranty.

"StacyW" wrote in message

et...
Yes indeed

Check the out at the Home Depot

All power tools, (cordless too), and has a warrantry that covers

defects
and
'normal wear' for the life of the product!

This includes batteries too!

Check them out

For purchases through 12 - 30 - 2003

Yahooooooooo!!!!!