Joe Doe

Default RIDGID Lifetime warranty on power tools

In article , "Fullhouse"
wrote:

Sounds like a few people are jealous that THEIR new tools warranty have run
out, or about to run out and if they would have bought the Ridgid ones,
their tool would be warrantied for life!

thats the way it goes

The company stands behinds their tools for life, I like that

Gets my hard earned money

But tools before 2004, keep them for life (cordless and corded)

I think all lifetime warranties could mean lifetime of the company. I had
a computer built at a local computer store some years ago with a three
year warranty. They went out of business 1 week after selling it to me!!

So it is hard to say if Rigid will exist 5, 10 ... years from now.

Secondly, they can "fix" stuff with parts of their choosing. As others
have pointed out about Sears now replacing ratchets with refurbs etc.
Maybe rigid will give you refurb batteries etc etc.

I would buy a tool on its merits today, rather than on the hopes of
receiving some service I may or may not receive in the future.

Roland