Old June 11th 18, 08:35 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.home.repair

Default Everyone KEEPS having Endless Fun Beating the **** out of Poor Helpless Gay Goran Razovic! LOL

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:53:24 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:

ground pin hole?

That's not all that's wrong with him!

STILL together with the retard, dumb anal Razovic? Are retards sexually more
attractive to you because those are the ONLY ones you could ever get in your
perverted "life" (if one can call that spastic thing you are suffering from
a "life" at all)? LOL

--
Nefesh about stinking serb peasant Razovic:
"Now when the Revd tries to think,

Old June 11th 18, 08:35 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:52:42 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Shein's jew aliash)", farted again:

what would be dumb?

That would be anything coming out of a moulie mouth.

That would indeed be you, you dumb piece of serbian ****!

"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.
(and he speaks through it)"
MID:
Old June 12th 18, 03:07 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.home.repair

Default TOM R, DUMBASS AT LARGE, AXES ABOUT "Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?"

aliash)" wrote in message

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:59:56 -0500, "David" wrote:

aliash)" wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 09:00:25 -0700, "fake vet Scatboi Colon La Edmund

On 2018-06-08 8:52 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 6/7/2018 6:20 PM, Checkmate wrote:
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts
by
Checkmate! In article , nad318b404
@gmail.invalid says...

Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
melt!
On Thu, 07 Jun 2018 10:53:57 -0700, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 9/28/2016 6:18 PM, TomR wrote:
A friend of mine asked me today why the electrical outlets in my
house
were "upside down". They are positioned with the ground pin hole
at
the top and the two slots of the outlet on the bottom. I agree
that,
to me, they "look" like they are upside down, and I think they
would
"look" better with the ground pin hole on the bottom. But, my
belief
is that the National Electrical Code (NEC) is silent on this
question
and that there is no right or wrong orientation for electrical
outlets.

My friend said that he has had code enforcement officials tell him
that
electrical outlets with the ground pin hole on top were "upside
down"
and that they needed to be reversed to be with the ground pin on
the
bottom to pass the electrical inspection.

Is there anything in the NEC that says that one way is "upside
down"
and the other way is the "correct" orientation?

Yer friend's code enforcement officials are probably a bunch of
banana-munchin' porch monkeys with not even the least idea of proper
code.
If ya had any sense, you'd know the ground pin always goes on the
top.
This is a safety precaution. Say someone were to drop a metal item
onto
the pins carrying the load. You'd have an instant fire which even
the
most modern fire department could probably not extinguish.

Wildly wrong. First, if a plug is seated properly there won't be any
metal
exposed; rubbery plug material will be flush against the plastic of
the
outlet cover. And second, if you have a loose plug exposing metal
(don't
do that), the ground pin is at the bottom, and a metal item falls on
there
shorting the neutral to the hot, you'd have an instant circuit
breaker
trip is what you'd have. In a fraction of a second that outlet would
be as
dead as a doornail -- no voltage anywhere.

Oh no you DIN'T!

Are... are you attempting to be the resident expert on electrical
wiring
in AC now? Looks like I'm going to have to straighten you out on a
few
things. First of all, the operative word in your statement above, is
*IF*. IF is one of the biggest words in the English language in this
case. Plugs are supposed to be plugged in all the way so that no
portion
of the conductors is exposed, but sometimes they come loose for any
number of reasons, leaving some of the conductors exposed. IF the hot
and neutral are mounted at the top, and IF a portion of the blades is
exposed, and IF something metal (perhaps a coin) were to fall on them
in
such a way as to complete a circuit, it *might* trip the breaker.

However, it's conceivable that it could produce an arc which could
cause
a fire, or you could even get a high resistance short, not drawing
enough
current to trip the breaker, but drawing enough to heat up the metal
object... and possibly causing a fire.

Please note that the National Electrical code does NOT specify which
mounting method must be used. In fact, several code committees have
discussed this topic and elected not to specify one way over the
other.
I've seen some hospitals specify that the ground be mounted at the
top,
for the reasons I've already mentioned, however there is no code
requirement to do so. Plugs are usually mounted with the hot and
neutral
at the top for no other reason than convention, and the fact that some
people are "bothered" by what they perceive as an "upside-down"
orientation.

Unless, of course, the circuit breakers were not up to code, in which
case
your problems are in the breaker box, not the outlet.

I hope that clears up any further ignorance on your part...

By smearing even more of it everywhere? Doubtful.

Thank you for backing my six, Chekky. Together we can make these
maroons smarter.

backing my six , lol

What is wrong with you?

More to the point, what is wrong with YOU, you black *******?

ground pin hole?

That's not all that's wrong with him!

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews
it’s a seizure

Old January 9th 19, 04:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

replying to hrhofmann, Brelvis wrote:
The reason is simple. SAFETY. Back in the day, the outlet covers were metal.
Id a plate happened to come lose, fall on the hot conductor of the cord, YOU
became the ground if it were to be touched. If it were to fall on the grounded
prong, no harm done. Read this explanation in an older text book back in the
80's.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1110235-.htm

Old January 9th 19, 04:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair

TomR:

If you look closely at the front of a bare(uninstalled)
receptacle, you'll see tiny writing on many that is
legible only when the receptacle is held so that
the ground is on top. There's a major clue for all
the "looks silly with ground on top" crowd!

Old January 9th 19, 07:10 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Jan 2019 03:14:02 GMT, Brelvis
m wrote:

replying to hrhofmann, Brelvis wrote:
The reason is simple. SAFETY. Back in the day, the outlet covers were metal.
Id a plate happened to come lose, fall on the hot conductor of the cord, YOU
became the ground if it were to be touched. If it were to fall on the grounded
prong, no harm done. Read this explanation in an older text book back in the
80's.

Other than in commercial (and institutional) use metal plates were
replaced by plastic LONG before 3 wire grounded outlets became common.

There is no safety based reason for either orientation in normal use
Old January 9th 19, 07:47 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 19:40:32 -0800 (PST), wrote:

TomR:

If you look closely at the front of a bare(uninstalled)
receptacle, you'll see tiny writing on many that is

legible only when the receptacle is held so that
the ground is on top. There's a major clue for all
the "looks silly with ground on top" crowd!

I call BS on that.

Every 125 volt 15 or 20 amp outlet I've ever seen has the only
printing on the plastic oriented so it is readable with the ground
down. All it says is 125 v 15A or 20A depending on the unit - and a UL
logo. ANd even that cannot be seen with the plate installed.

Even the print on the back of the unit is oriented to be read ground
down. I've seen hundreds of then, having been raised by an
electrician and spending many hours on the job - and I just replaced
ALL the outlets and switches in my 2 story house with finished
basement.

Crouse Hinds, Leviton, and pass and seymor / Legrand all the same -
and on "controlled" outlets it is oriented to be read with the ground
to the right - which SURPRISE - is Neurtal DOWN - That's right - the
narrow LINE or POWER blade is UP.

On a Legrand Decora outlet the "legrand" logo is readable only with
the grount TO THE RIGHT.

On their AFCI and GFCI devices the same is true.
On all Leviton Tamper Resistantoutlets the TR is oriented for ground
down.

LUTRON decora outlets have NO printing on the face.

The Legrand trademaster outlets have no lettering on the plastic and
the stamped lettering on the steel strap IS oriented to be read ground
up.

It appears Eaton/Copoper/Crouse Hinds no longer makes NEBA 15 0r 20
ouitlets
Old January 9th 19, 02:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:40:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
TomR:

If you look closely at the front of a bare(uninstalled)
receptacle, you'll see tiny writing on many that is
legible only when the receptacle is held so that
the ground is on top. There's a major clue for all
the "looks silly with ground on top" crowd!

It's rather odd that if that was the intent, that 99% are installed
with the ground prong down in the USA and passed inspection. That's
my survey from traveling widely in the USA, it's rare to find one
with the ground prong up. Why are almost all electricians doing
it wrong?