Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/01/2016 08:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D36BLS

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2016 10:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

I know that toilet paper isn't the most popular
subject to discuss. However, we know by comparing
disease rates in civilized countries versus countries
with no flush toilets and toilet paper that your
health and life depends on good hygene. Much of
the reason we are so healthy in the USA is because
of running water, washing hands, and of course,
toilet paper. But what if we ran out?

Here's some info for you to get ahead of the crowds.
You know those wildfires in southen California now?
Well, I bet you didn't know that the Clappington
Paper Products factory is one of the many business
that burned down.

Have you ever noticed that regardless of the brand
of toilet paper you purchase, that there are only
five or six different types of toilet paper on the
market. But there are a lot of brands and a lot of
different names.

Have you noticed that there are only a couple
different types of packaging for toilet paper?

Well, the secret is out. About 97 1/2 percent of
the toilet paper in the US, Canada, and Mexico is
manufactured in one facility. That would be the
Clappington Factory, in southern CA. You see, the
finished product is so light weight, it is easy
to transport by truck. Nearly no weight at all.
And the factory is so close to the border, they
use a lot of illegal immigrant labor. This is an
open secret — because INS knows what would happen
to the nation if the one TP factory closed.

Well, it did close. The wildfires in southern CA
have burned down the one factory which makes
97 1/2 percent of the TP in the US, Mexico, and
Canada. It is expected to be 6 to 8 weeks before
any other manufacturing facility can make adequate
supplies of TP.

Governor Schwarzenegger has enough troubles with
the fire, and staying elected. He can't afford to
be known as the governor who deprived the nation
of toilet paper. So, he's ordered a news blackout
of the story. You havn't seen it on the news,
right? But the email and internet allow us to know
things that aren't on the news.

Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP
on the shelves. Wait till the word gets out, you'll
see a run on toilet paper like never before. And
it's going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till
the stores have any more.

If you havn't stocked up, now is the time. And
forward this message to everyone in your adress
book. You wouldn't want your close friends to be
out of something so important. I wouldn't joke
about something this serious.

Information courtesy of:

Sergeant K. Jameson,
Engine Company Sergeant,
San Bernadino Fire Department

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2016 7:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

****ting in the wild, when not involuntary, can sometimes be a problem.
Not the ****ting itself, mind you, but the wiping part.....
What we used in Nam:

smooth stones

mullein leaves (These can be too soft, however, so you might wind up
with ****fingers.

oak leaves - very tough on the old arsehole

soft bark or leaves from other plants - need to be soft, pliable, tough.

water is used in Asian countries with much success. However, their diet
is different; they tend to have looser ****z.

going without (this would depend on one's diet and personal
preferences). You'll be nicked "browneye" soon.

dried corn husks - these are very strong, pliable, and partially
absorbent, and work really well.

corncobs! (They work good; just make sure and use 'em sideways, so they
don't accidentally "slip" in.

sphagnum moss (In boggy places like Nam)

NOTE: please take this seriously! I've tried it many times and it
works. If you are caught short and need to poop simply spread your bum
cheeks apart [with yer hands], and do your business. The poops will
usually plop out smoothly, and your bum will not need cleaning. It
maybe useful to lean back against a tree or rock with yer boots wedged
behind yer ears sometimes.

Any questions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:39:53 -0500, super70s
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

Yeah, my house was built in '78. Upstairs was blue, downstairs was
yellow. Two years ago we gutted both and did them first class with
modern colors, (mostly white) ceramic tile, etc. Took the tub out and
made a big shower, lots of ceramic tile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 07:44:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

toilet paper. But what if we ran out?

Here's some info for you to get ahead of the crowds.
You know those wildfires in southen California now?
Well, I bet you didn't know that the Clappington
Paper Products factory is one of the many business
that burned down.

Johnny Carson created a shortage when he joked about it some years
ago. People did rush out to buy it since he mentioned it. I think it
was in the 70's around the oil shortage era.

Clappington hoax goes back about a dozen years to the last beg fires
in CA.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On 07/02/2016 05:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP
on the shelves. Wait till the word gets out, you'll
see a run on toilet paper like never before. And
it's going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till
the stores have any more.

If you havn't stocked up, now is the time. And
forward this message to everyone in your adress
book. You wouldn't want your close friends to be
out of something so important. I wouldn't joke
about something this serious.

Thanks for the tip!
Just got back from Walmart and now have a 6 month supply.
I stored the rolls right next to my 20 year supply of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 07:44:06 -0400
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 7/1/2016 10:25 PM, wrote:
[...]

Governor Schwarzenegger has Not been governor for some time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2016 11:21 AM, super70s wrote:

Yeah, my house was built in '78. Upstairs was blue, downstairs was
yellow. Two years ago we gutted both and did them first class with
modern colors, (mostly white) ceramic tile, etc. Took the tub out and
made a big shower, lots of ceramic tile.

I have one of those prefab one-piece jobs, it would look better if I did
what you did but there are times when I want to take a bath (as cramped
as it is for a full grown man). I remember passing on some homes when I
was shopping for mine 10 years ago because it only had a shower stall.

I don't know (or care) about the resale value. It would not appeal to
someone that has kids that want to splash in a tub, but would have a lot
of appeal to those that only shower. One is 60", the other 48" with
high quality everything.

We plan to be here the rest of our lives so I won't care if the house
sells for a hundred bucks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 11:25:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

What difference does the color make? My ass can't see what color
it is.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

toilet paper. But what if we ran out?

Here's some info for you to get ahead of the crowds.
You know those wildfires in southen California now?
Well, I bet you didn't know that the Clappington
Paper Products factory is one of the many business
that burned down.

Johnny Carson created a shortage when he joked about it some years
ago. People did rush out to buy it since he mentioned it. I think it
was in the 70's around the oil shortage era.

Clappington hoax goes back about a dozen years to the last beg fires
in CA.

Yes, I heard about Johnny Carson and his mention
of TP shortage.

Also goes back to a bored out of his mind Usenet
poster named Stormin Mormon. I'm the author.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2016 10:10 AM, Red wrote:
On 07/02/2016 05:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP
on the shelves. Wait till the word gets out, you'll
see a run on toilet paper like never before. And
it's going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till
the stores have any more.

If you havn't stocked up, now is the time. And
forward this message to everyone in your adress
book. You wouldn't want your close friends to be
out of something so important. I wouldn't joke
about something this serious.

Thanks for the tip!
Just got back from Walmart and now have a 6 month supply.
I stored the rolls right next to my 20 year supply of 100 watt
incandescent light bulbs.

Please also buy military rifles, red "Make
America great" hats, and flexible drinking
straws. All scheduled for shortages. And also
be sure to get the letter Q, brought to you
by the letter Q and the number 4.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/01/2016 10:38 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

[snip]

The eco nuts decided it was harmful, so they got people to stop buying
it, so they stopped making it. Then they told us the eco nuts just made
that up, figuring "it must be true". It was not true.

Paper is naturally gray, so white has chemicals added to it too.

I don't mind colors but I never likes SCENTED toilet paper.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The only spiritual disease is righteousness, and only religious people
have it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 06:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

Natural color like brown paper bags? Or is that
pre-used TP? Not sure I want to follow that line
of thought very far.

Save on toilet paper. Use both sides

--
"The light of faith makes us see what we believe." -- St. Thomas Aquinas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 06:58 AM, RonNNN wrote:

[snip]

I know where you could get some brown T.P.. Do you want any?

I'll bet it's scented too! [g]

Smells like grandma* :-)

* - Think on tomacco.

--
"The light of faith makes us see what we believe." -- St. Thomas Aquinas
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 07:39:53 +0100, super70s wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

The colour that's in fashion doesn't magically become better looking. Are people really this stupid?

--
In Today's Market Activity, Helium was up. Feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Diapers remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Sun peaked at midday. Balloon prices were inflated. And, Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. Invest wisely!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 09:10 AM, Red wrote:

[snip]

my 20 year supply of 100 watt
incandescent light bulbs.

The old light bulbs were deficient in blue light (because blue
corresponds to higher temperature). This produces a "dirty yellow"
quality to the light. I never considered that a problem until I learned
of better lights. "warm white" CFLs are WORSE that way.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The only spiritual disease is righteousness, and only religious people
have it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 10:32 AM, Feckless John wrote:

[snip]

We don't say "colored" any more-- it's African American.

We don't say "woman" any more-- it's vaginal American :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

What difference does the color make? My ass can't see what color
it is.

Cindy Hamilton

Once I bought some bright orange sheets. The checker thought I wouldn't
be able to sleep with such bright sheets. Of course, they're all black
in a dark room.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The only spiritual disease is righteousness, and only religious people
have it."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:39:53 -0500, super70s
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

Green is good. It's like going in the fields.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 10:21:11 -0500, super70s
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:39:53 -0500, super70s
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

Yeah, my house was built in '78. Upstairs was blue, downstairs was
yellow. Two years ago we gutted both and did them first class with
modern colors, (mostly white) ceramic tile, etc. Took the tub out and
made a big shower, lots of ceramic tile.

I have one of those prefab one-piece jobs, it would look better if I did
what you did but there are times when I want to take a bath (as cramped
as it is for a full grown man).

I have one of those bathtubs, maybe. It looked fine before I bought
the house, and afterwards, until I used it. IIRC, I even lay down in
it when I was checking out the house, but it wasn't enough.

The upper corner of the built-in tub went right into my back.

It was a bad first year. I must have complained because someone
bought me an inflateable neck pillow with suction cups, meant for a
bathtub, but it wasn't good.

What worked was foam rubber. I got a piece 4" thick, with length
the width of the tub, and whose width was (I'll measure it if you want
to know but) roughly 12". 4" was the dimension of the rear ledge of
the tub. I cut the lower half, half-way thick, 2", and cut about 6"
in from each end so that the lower half would curl forward, to cushion
me all around. I left the top half as it was, and it sat on the
horizontal rear of the tub.

Having the bottom turned out to be a mistake. The water woudl drain
quickly out of the foam, except for the bottom inch or two. That
would sit, wet, against the tub, for a long time before it dried out.
I forget but maybe if I took a bath every day, it never dried out. And
weeks or months later when I looked underneath there was damage.

My friend is certain I can just rub it off with Bab-o (hasn't
scratched yet), but he is always certain. I think there is damage to
the ?porcelain?, so I bought a kit, but I know it will actually look
worse when repaired, becuase it won't be the same version of white,
and I've never done it. Plus I think I should try the Bab-o.

For the top half, I cut out a piece the shape of a piece of caneloupe,
still leaving it everywhere 2" thick or more, so I can lay my head
back.

By golly the tub has been comfortable ever since.

I cut off the bottom when I saw the problem.

An electric knife for cutting roast beef works fine for cutting foam.
A regular knife is not good at all in comparison.

Every 5 or 8 years, the foam is bad or disgusting and I buy new.

I remember passing on some homes when I
was shopping for mine 10 years ago because it only had a shower stall.

The first 10 years of my life, our bath was surrounded by linoleum or
something similar, but it was coming up at a bottom corner and plaster
was crumbling a teeny bit at a time into the tub. So my mother
wouldn't let us have showers, which would wet the wall. I don't
think she liked baths anyhow, so it was no sacrifice for her. Her
house when she was young had an outhouse and I never asked how she
took a bath, but I suspect she had no shower at all.

In NYC and maybe elsewhere for many years, bathing at home was
illegal, because people used a big washtub and filled it with cold
water and hot water from the stove, and this was so much effort that
more than one person used the water one after another, and this spread
disease. In tenements, people would hang the big washtub outside the
kitchen window/

The next 15 years were not a problem but after that came 6 years in an
apartment building owned by a guy who claimed he was a plumber, but
didn't know how to run the water supply in the 6-story aparment
building. Even after I went to the library and found a page that
explained it, and sent it to him, he still couldn't handle it.

So when people in my line, and probably elsewhere too, flushed the
toilet, with a flushometer that uses a large rush of water (no tank)
it would lower the cold water pressure and make a mixture of cold and
hot water burning hot. OTOH, if you turned the hot water down to
match the cold water when pressure was low, the water was usually too
cold, for a shower. So that led to more baths.

BTW, because the building was over 5 stories, and maybe especially
because it was on a hill, Clinton Hill, the cold water used a
combinatoin tank, water pump, and air pump. Water would be allowed
to enter the tank until it was maybe 2/3rds full Then the air pump
would run until the tank was pressurized, and when a toilet was
flushed, the air pressure pushed water through faster and kept the
pressure normal. Periodically the water would absorb the air and
more would have to be pumped in, but it all ran automatically.

Maybe it was giving a problem, but I think he probably didn't
understand what the air pump was for, and he turned it off. After
that, top floors had inadequate pressure if someone flushed a toilet.

The tiny bathroom is my least favorite feature in my little 3-bedroom
home but I live with it. What the builder should have done was put the
bathroom in the smallest bedroom instead. I'm sure not in a position to
do a major renovation like that.

In the first house we had, the bathroom was bigger than either of my
smallest 2 bedrooms out of 3. There was a big space in the middle of
the room. The floor was linoleum, with a complicated design, not a
pattern, a diamond of a different color in the center and two
seahorses facing each other inside the diamond. It kept me
interested all the time until we moved that I sat on the toilet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

The colour that's in fashion doesn't magically become better looking.

It does to people who care about what's in fashion. And that
includes many people who haven't noticed or who even deny they care
about fashion. It's human nature.

Are people really this stupid?

It's not about smart or stupid. Taste is rarely if ever about that
and "better looking" is in the eye of the beholder. It's an aspect of
taste. And taste is affected by what's in fashion.

And I'll bet that's true for you too. Do you ever watch movies from
the 20's, 30's and 40's? Do you find the female stars very, very
attractive. In most of the movies made then -- not the message
movies or war movies (unless there was a French girl, a USO girl, or a
girl back home), those women were very, very attractive to the male
viewers of the time. (That's why they were chosen.) But they aren't
viewed that way now.

Did women evolve to be more beautiful in only 70 years? No. 70 years
is not enough for evolution to make much difference. But their hair
styles, their make-up, including their lipstick and their eye-brows,
and their clothes are of a different style now and it's the style most
men prefer. I think it's mostly hair, and secondarily clothes. And
by clothes I don't mean that today's clothes are less modest. Even if
they are wearing equally modest clothes, someone in today's fashion
(except when that included a midi- or maxi-skirt or a sack dress, and
I suppose other styles that individuals actively dislike) will look
better to most men. Maybe even you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 04:15 PM, Micky wrote:
Did women evolve to be more beautiful in only 70 years? No. 70 years
is not enough for evolution to make much difference. But their hair
styles, their make-up, including their lipstick and their eye-brows,
and their clothes are of a different style now and it's the style most
men prefer. I think it's mostly hair, and secondarily clothes. And
by clothes I don't mean that today's clothes are less modest. Even if
they are wearing equally modest clothes, someone in today's fashion
(except when that included a midi- or maxi-skirt or a sack dress, and
I suppose other styles that individuals actively dislike) will look
better to most men. Maybe even you.

You have to go back before 1934 when they started enforcing the Hayes
Code (Motion Picture Production Code) when women still had breasts and
didn't mind showing them. Check out the 1925 version of Ben Hur or some
of Louise Brooks stuff. The It girl, Clara Bow, wasn't bad either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 05:14 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Everybody has become better looking in only a few generations. Of
course it can happen quickly. Take a room of people where some have big
noses and some small. Nobody likes the big nosed people, so only the
small nosed people ****, and the next generation has a lot of small noses.

Annabelle Wallis has a good sized air cleaner when you catch her in
profile but I doubt she has any problem finding partners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Jul 2016 04:56:53 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 07/02/2016 05:14 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
Everybody has become better looking in only a few generations. Of
course it can happen quickly. Take a room of people where some have big
noses and some small. Nobody likes the big nosed people, so only the
small nosed people ****, and the next generation has a lot of small noses.

Annabelle Wallis has a good sized air cleaner when you catch her in
profile but I doubt she has any problem finding partners.

The nose is only one of the factors. And hers isn't that bad, there are far bigger ones.

--
Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 03:58 PM, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:39:53 -0500, super70s
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

Green is good. It's like going in the fields.

I like green, for that reason.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It's not your fault that you're always wrong" -- Marilyn Manson
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2016 04:42 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

In the first house we had, the bathroom was bigger than either of my
smallest 2 bedrooms out of 3. There was a big space in the middle of
the room. The floor was linoleum, with a complicated design, not a
pattern, a diamond of a different color in the center and two
seahorses facing each other inside the diamond. It kept me
interested all the time until we moved that I sat on the toilet.

I've been in a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom mobile home. One of the bathrooms
was really big and had a tub big enough for 2 people.

The third bedroom was much smaller than that bathroom. The home owner
used it an an overflow closet.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It's not your fault that you're always wrong" -- Marilyn Manson

Toilet paper re-roller Stormin Mormon[_4_] Metalworking 20 March 22nd 16 12:40 AM
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years? Anyar Bakalin Home Repair 32 November 14th 15 09:43 PM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 20 April 23rd 13 10:46 AM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 105 March 3rd 13 05:48 PM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM