Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years?

How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 8:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

Here, toilet paper usage is typically "per person"! Our bathrooms
are very frugal and don't USE any!

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

Do you folks plan on walking around with WET butts? Or, are
you investing in an air dryer, as well?

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

TP is cheap. TP doesn't require any demo/construction labor.
TP doesn't need maintenance. Payments for TP can be spread out
over the time you use it (instead of a lump sum up front).

I think bidet is a cultural/personal preference issue. What do you
do if she later decides she doesn't like the sensation? Plumb
a toilet immediately adjacent to the bidet (and pay to modify the
soil stack??)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:36:11 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

[...]

You stated it very well. There would be the added cost
of a dryer or added cost of laundry if you plan on using
hand towels every time your butt gets a washing. Or you
could just buy some of those pre-moistened cleaning towels,
such as used for babies (baby wipes). Those would be a
heck of a lot cheaper than a bidet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 10:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

The bidet is a personal preference. I'd not try to justify it on cost,
but for hygiene
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 8:55:10 PM UTC-7, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

The bidet is a personal preference. I'd not try to justify it on cost,
but for hygiene

ONly dumb French ass washers use bidets. If you like ****ty water dripping all over the place than by all means get a bidet.
TP is the only way to go. You'll regret the bidet the first month you use it.
=========

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

As I recall, you can purchase a high tech toilet seat that has a bidet and dryer builtin. ^__^

http://brondell.com/swash-models/

[8~{} Uncle Toilet Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 8:43 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:36:11 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:

TP is cheap. TP doesn't require any demo/construction labor.
TP doesn't need maintenance. Payments for TP can be spread out
over the time you use it (instead of a lump sum up front).

I think bidet is a cultural/personal preference issue. What do you
do if she later decides she doesn't like the sensation? Plumb
a toilet immediately adjacent to the bidet (and pay to modify the
soil stack??)

You stated it very well. There would be the added cost
of a dryer or added cost of laundry if you plan on using
hand towels every time your butt gets a washing. Or you
could just buy some of those pre-moistened cleaning towels,
such as used for babies (baby wipes). Those would be a
heck of a lot cheaper than a bidet.

Well, some of my tongue-in-cheek arguments are a bit specious.
E.g., TP requires a *toilet* and that toilet requires maintenance,
etc.

Over the years, we've encountered them in various upscale hotels.
And, a "love retreat" where they were used to clean up from
"other" activities.

But, I think they are the sort of thing that you either grow
up with or not. E.g., we have a dishwasher and still wash most of
our dishes by hand -- old habits die hard (especially when
those habits become *intimate*!)

You also have to consider how guests (and future homeowners) will
take to them. E.g., if I put a *urinal* in my bathroom, I'm sure
the male visitors would have no problem "adapting" -- and chuckling
about the encounter! OTOH, a bidet might scare some folks away...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 10:42 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:36:11 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
On 11/11/2015 8:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:

[snip]

TP is cheap. TP doesn't require any demo/construction labor.
TP doesn't need maintenance. Payments for TP can be spread out
over the time you use it (instead of a lump sum up front).

I think bidet is a cultural/personal preference issue. What do you
do if she later decides she doesn't like the sensation? Plumb
a toilet immediately adjacent to the bidet (and pay to modify the
soil stack??)

As I recall, you can purchase a high tech toilet seat that has a bidet and dryer builtin. ^__^

http://brondell.com/swash-models/

[8~{} Uncle Toilet Monster

Gotta be careful with those fancy all-in-ones. If you don't read the
directions there could be a real disaster. Heard about a guy who
started pushing buttons while seated on one of those damn things.

Hit the ATR button and it wasn't a pretty sight. Found out later the
"ATR" was the automatic tampon remover!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 10:10:45 PM UTC-5, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

dont forget the 10 year cost of water and sewer for the bidet....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 10:49 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 10:10:45 PM UTC-5, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

dont forget the 10 year cost of water and sewer for the bidet....

Toilets also use water. No idea as to the *relative* water use of
toilet vs. bidet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Anyar Bakalin" wrote in message
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

Did you loose your left hand in a farm accident?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

It would be even cheaper to just add an under seat bidet to the toilet.
They are available from about $20 to $100, most around $50-$60, check
Amazon. If it were me, I'd buy one and try it before investing in a "sit
alone" bidet, not only cost effective but far more convenient.

We have two of them - $30 each - and they work fine. Still have to use some
TP though, if only to dry yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 7:49 AM, Steve Stone wrote:
Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

Some people exclusively use cell phone
lookup. Bet that stinks, carrying around
the cell phone you been using as a wipe.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 07:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

You still need TP to dry your ass after using the bidet, same reason you
use it in the first place if you are healthy and eat a good diet, so the
TP usage will stay about the same.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 11:35 PM, Roy wrote:

The bidet is a personal preference. I'd not try to justify it on cost,
but for hygiene

ONly dumb French ass washers use bidets. If you like ****ty water dripping all over the place than by all means get a bidet.
TP is the only way to go. You'll regret the bidet the first month you use it.
=========

The bidet is very popular in Europe. While paper is suitable in most
cases, there are times a water wash would be a good aid in hygiene.
Some women like to use it a couple of days a month too. It made more
sense at the time when people did not bathe/shower frequently either.

Of course, as you state, a bidet would never be needed by a perfect
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 10:48:34 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Of course, as you state, a bidet would never be needed by a perfect
asshole.

....and enough fiber! 🚽
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 03:10:42 -0000 (UTC), Anyar Bakalin
wrote:

How much do you use in a 10 year period?

All of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How much do you use in a 10 year period?

All of it.

I'd be more worried about a period that lasted 10 yrs.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 09:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:

[snip]

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

521.775 weeks in 10 years (I already knew the average year has 365.2425
days, 365 + (1/4) - (1/100) + (1/400)).

I got a simple bidet seat attachment for $100, although that'd be more now.

--
43 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"FAITH, n Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks
without knowledge, of things without parallel." -- Ambrose Bierce, the
Devil's Dictionary (1906)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 07:52 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/12/2015 7:49 AM, Steve Stone wrote:
Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

Some people exclusively use cell phone
lookup. Bet that stinks, carrying around
the cell phone you been using as a wipe.

Once I read about a future where you'd enter the bathroom and get a
menu. Something like:

1. urinate
2. defecate
3. regurgitate
4. masturbate
5. pick nose
6. brush teeth
7. take bath
8. wash clothes

Make your choice(s) and it's all done for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 08:09 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

[snip]

You still need TP to dry your ass after using the bidet, same reason you
use it in the first place if you are healthy and eat a good diet, so the
TP usage will stay about the same.

Jon

I found that after getting the bidet seat I used MUSH LESS TP. Also,
there was the benefit of the toilet never getting clogged.

--
43 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"FAITH, n Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks
without knowledge, of things without parallel." -- Ambrose Bierce, the
Devil's Dictionary (1906)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark Lloyd"
43 days until CHRISTMAS (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

Only have ONE bathroom.
Daily usage is about 1.5 rolls.
That's roughly 5475 rolls in 10 years!

At $2.00 per 4pack, that's about $274 per year. or $2740 in ten years.
In an average lifespan of 70 years, that would cost $19,180

Stop ****ting, and you'll save $19,180 in your lifetime. (Or at least
stop wiping.)

What I dont know is how many trees are cut down to make all this T.P.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 4:36 PM, wrote:

Only have ONE bathroom.
Daily usage is about 1.5 rolls.
That's roughly 5475 rolls in 10 years!

What I dont know is how many trees are cut down to make all this T.P.

Dunno, but you'd best buy some in case of fire.

Feature Story October 28, 2003
By News Reporter Jerry Simonreid
San Bernadino California, USA

I know that toilet paper isn’t the most popular subject to discuss.
However, we know by comparing disease rates in civilized countries
versus countries with no flush toilets and toilet paper that your health
and life depends on good hygiene. Much of the reason we are so healthy
in the USA is because of running water, washing hands, and of course,
toilet paper. But what if we ran out?

Here’s some info for you to get ahead of the crowds. You know those
wildfires in southern California now? Well, I bet you didn’t know that
the Clappington Paper Products factory is one of the many business that
burned down. Have you ever noticed that regardless of the brand of
toilet paper you purchase, that there are only five or six different
types of toilet paper on the market. But there are a lot of brands and a
lot of different names. Have you noticed that there are only a c! ouple
different types of packaging for toilet paper?

Well, the secret is out. About 97 1/2 percent of the toilet paper in the
US, Canada, and Mexico is manufactured in one facility. That would be
the Clappington Factory, in southern CA. You see, the finished product
is so lightweight, it is easy to transport by truck. Nearly no weight at
all. And the factory is so close to the border, they use a lot of
illegal immigrant labor. This is an open secret — because INS knows what
would happen to the nation if the one TP factory closed.

Well, it did close. The wildfires in southern CA have burned down the
one factory which makes 97 1/2 percent of the TP in the US, Mexico, and
Canada. It is expected to be 6 to 8 weeks before any other manufacturing
facility can make adequate supplies of TP.

Governor Grey Davis has enough troubles with the fire, and with his
recall election. He can’t afford to be known as the governor who depri!
ved the nation of toilet paper. So, he’s ordered a news blackout of th e
story. You haven’t seen it on the news, right? But the email and
internet allow us to know things that aren’t on the news.

Stores have only about a 2 to 3 day supply of TP on the shelves. Wait
till the word gets out, you’ll see a run on toilet paper like never
before. And it’s going to be 6 weeks at the very minimum till the stores
have any more.

If you haven’t stocked up, now is the time. And forward this message to
everyone in your address book. You wouldn’t want your close friends to
be out of something so important. I wouldn’t joke about something this
serious.

Information courtesy of:

Sergeant K. Jameson,
Engine Company Sergeant,
San Bernadino Fire Department

THIS IS TRUE! ! !

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Stone posted for all of us...

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:15:15 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?

Modernized.

https://tinyurl.com/qy69dao
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 4:15:12 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Steve Stone posted for all of us...

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?
--
Tekkie

I used them at home and kept several in the bathroom. I'd rinse them after use and every so often put them in the dishwasher for a good cleaning. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Corny Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?

Modernized.

https://tinyurl.com/qy69dao

Does that cauterize while it cleans?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 4:15:12 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:
Steve Stone posted for all of us...

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?
--
Tekkie

I used them at home and kept several in the bathroom. I'd rinse them after use and every so often put them in the dishwasher for a good cleaning. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Corny Monster

Rough stuff but ya got yer fiber...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Why use toilet paper when phone books are delivered to your front door
for free?

What happened to corn cobs?

Modernized.

https://tinyurl.com/qy69dao

Does that cauterize while it cleans?

....like John Wayne paper. Rough and tough and takes not **** off
anybody.

Toilet paper re-roller Stormin Mormon[_4_] Metalworking 20 March 22nd 16 12:40 AM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 20 April 23rd 13 10:46 AM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 105 March 3rd 13 05:48 PM
New toilet technology after 150 years of waste [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 14th 12 11:46 PM
[email protected] , You have made comments that Momentum is not Conserved in my PAPER. It is not CORRECT. It is explained in 100 Years of E=mc2 AJAY SHARMA Electronics 3 October 4th 06 07:37 AM