Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years?

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 9:36:11 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
On 11/11/2015 8:10 PM, Anyar Bakalin wrote:
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years per bathroom?

Here, toilet paper usage is typically "per person"! Our bathrooms
are very frugal and don't USE any!

I'm trying to convince my wife that it's cheaper to buy a bidet
and have it installed in the master bath, than to buy toilet paper
for that master bathroom.

Do you folks plan on walking around with WET butts? Or, are
you investing in an air dryer, as well?

I figure a 10-year payback period should be reasonable.

I ran the calculations of 1 roll of toilet paper a week, but,
she doesn't believe my calculations.

How much do you use in a 10 year period?
Do you think TP outweighs the cost of a bidet?

TP is cheap. TP doesn't require any demo/construction labor.
TP doesn't need maintenance. Payments for TP can be spread out
over the time you use it (instead of a lump sum up front).

I think bidet is a cultural/personal preference issue. What do you
do if she later decides she doesn't like the sensation? Plumb
a toilet immediately adjacent to the bidet (and pay to modify the
soil stack??)

As I recall, you can purchase a high tech toilet seat that has a bidet and dryer builtin. ^__^

http://brondell.com/swash-models/

[8~{} Uncle Toilet Monster