Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 13:35:16 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 07/02/2016 04:42 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

In the first house we had, the bathroom was bigger than either of my
smallest 2 bedrooms out of 3. There was a big space in the middle of
the room. The floor was linoleum, with a complicated design, not a
pattern, a diamond of a different color in the center and two
seahorses facing each other inside the diamond. It kept me
interested all the time until we moved that I sat on the toilet.

I've been in a 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom mobile home. One of the bathrooms
was really big and had a tub big enough for 2 people.

The third bedroom was much smaller than that bathroom. The home owner
used it an an overflow closet.

That's great.

I sort of thought that when our house was built in the 30's or 40's,
they hadn't thought of making bathrooms smaller yet. That there were
loads of converted bedrooms when indoor plumbing was invented or
became common. So that this was just the size of a smallish standard
upstairs room.

We had a tiny powder room off the kitchen too, but I found out from my
mother 30 years after we moved that my father had that put in, and it
was so small because it was the space for it had to be carved out of
the kitchen. I thought the house was built that way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 10:51:29 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/02/2016 04:15 PM, Micky wrote:
Did women evolve to be more beautiful in only 70 years? No. 70 years
is not enough for evolution to make much difference. But their hair
styles, their make-up, including their lipstick and their eye-brows,
and their clothes are of a different style now and it's the style most
men prefer. I think it's mostly hair, and secondarily clothes. And
by clothes I don't mean that today's clothes are less modest. Even if
they are wearing equally modest clothes, someone in today's fashion
(except when that included a midi- or maxi-skirt or a sack dress, and
I suppose other styles that individuals actively dislike) will look
better to most men. Maybe even you.

You have to go back before 1934 when they started enforcing the Hayes
Code (Motion Picture Production Code) when women still had breasts and
didn't mind showing them. Check out the 1925 version of Ben Hur or some
of Louise Brooks stuff. The It girl, Clara Bow, wasn't bad either.

When I was a kid, I remember watching the original King Kong from the 30's on TV one Saturday and I swear I saw bare breasts. It was like someone at the TV station didn't know they were airing an uncensored version. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Nekid Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 10:25:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

I grew up in the segregated South and the Coloreds had the same toilet paper in their separate restrooms as the Whites had. There wasn't a special toilet paper for Coloreds. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/03/2016 10:46 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Man boobs?

https://www.drlanzer.com.au/liposuct...-after-photos/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 6:21:18 AM UTC-5, fred wrote:
[...]

I suppose I should have written "bare breasts on the women" especially the blond female star of the movie. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Breast Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2016 7:21 AM, fred wrote:
[...]

Howzabout a nice pair of back boobs?

https://fattylane.files.wordpress.co...k_boobs_01.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster brought next idea :
[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fay_Wray

Famous also for her scream.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 12:14:27 PM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

Kong pulled her dress off to examine what he had and fingered her. I probably saw the original movie a dozen times when I was a kid but that one day, I knew the movie was different and that someone at the TV station had screwed up. The funniest thing about it was that no grownups seemed to notice and complain. I sure didn't tell anyone because I was too busy laughing about it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Movie Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/04/2016 06:51 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I suppose I should have written "bare breasts on the women" especially the blond female star of the movie. O_o

http://www.filmsite.org/sexinfilms3.html
http://www.filmsite.org/sexinfilms6.html

You had to be fast but Fay Wray had a definite wardrobe malfunction.

'Baby Doll' is one of the hotter movies I've seen -- and there's no
nudity or obscene language at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 7:14:26 PM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 23:15:58 +0100, Micky wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 18:33:06 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 07:39:53 +0100, super70s wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

The colour that's in fashion doesn't magically become better looking.

It does to people who care about what's in fashion. And that
includes many people who haven't noticed or who even deny they care
about fashion. It's human nature.

It's gross stupidity. People like certain things, it's personal taste. Following the taste of the majority is insane.

On the other hand, it greatly expands your buying choices. Trying to
buy out-of-fashion colors just because one likes them can be an exercise
in frustration.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

The colour that's in fashion doesn't magically become better looking.

It does to people who care about what's in fashion. And that
includes many people who haven't noticed or who even deny they care
about fashion. It's human nature.

It's gross stupidity. People like certain things, it's personal taste. Following the taste of the majority is insane.

On the other hand, it greatly expands your buying choices. Trying to
buy out-of-fashion colors just because one likes them can be an exercise
in frustration.

Having to buy new things because they're out of fashion is even more fustrating (to your wallet).

--
Is it called a blow job because you inflate it with your mouth?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back around the 60' and 70's it was common to have a blue toilet
and sink.

Green was also big in the '70s, my house was built in '77 and I can
attest to that.

The colour that's in fashion doesn't magically become better looking.

It does to people who care about what's in fashion. And that
includes many people who haven't noticed or who even deny they care
about fashion. It's human nature.

It's gross stupidity. People like certain things, it's personal taste. Following the taste of the majority is insane.

On the other hand, it greatly expands your buying choices. Trying to
buy out-of-fashion colors just because one likes them can be an exercise
in frustration.

Having to buy new things because they're out of fashion is even more fustrating (to your wallet).

My point (which I apparently did not make very well) is that when something
wears out (e.g., a towel), it's easier to buy a replacement if you go along
with what's in fashion than insist on buying your favorite color. Of course,
if you only buy white towels, this analogy is not much of an improvement.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/5/2016 1:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Having to buy new things because they're out of fashion is even more
fustrating (to your wallet).

Yep, I've been wearing the same style underwear for about 65+ years now.
Same color too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 22:14:25 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/5/2016 1:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Having to buy new things because they're out of fashion is even more
fustrating (to your wallet).

Yep, I've been wearing the same style underwear for about 65+ years now.
Same color too.

Doesn't it ever wear out?

Not that I'd know, I don't wear underwear, it seems pointless to me unless you have anal seepage.

--
Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

Even better is like me, I don't care what colour it is. I can buy whatever's available/cheap/has other qualities.

--
Is a booby trap only dangerous for women?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

the colored ones have to use a different drinking fountain now

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

Coloreds need asswipe also

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/5/2016 10:38 PM, capitan wrote:
On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

Coloreds need asswipe also

Colored toilet paper matters.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/05/2016 09:34 PM, capitan wrote:
On 7/1/2016 9:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

the colored ones have to use a different drinking fountain now

I know someone who grew up around "separate but equal" facilities.
Seeing drinking fountains labeled "white" and "colored", she wondered
what colored water tasted like.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To be a Christian, you must "pluck out the eye of reason." [Martin
Luther]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2016 11:24 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
I know someone who grew up around "separate but equal" facilities.
Seeing drinking fountains labeled "white" and "colored", she wondered
what colored water tasted like.

I was curious about that when I was in Huntsville in '58. Tasted warm,
wasn't colorful. I thought it would be like the show globes they used to
have in drugstores.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 00:03:12 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/1/2016 10:25 PM, wrote:
What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?

In the 50's and 60's it came in almost every color. I remember pink,
yellow, green, and blue. I also remember it printed like hundred dollar
bills. I have not seen it sold in many years, all they sell now is
white!

Went the way of colored fixtures. Back around the 60' and 70's it was
common to have a blue toilet and sink. Styles change so toilet paper
changes with it.

Back around 1988 to 1990, I was working as a plumber, and an elderly
woman had a pink toilet that was cracked and needed to be replaced. Her
tub, sink, and walls were all pink. She refused to let me install a
white toilet, and said she would pay top dollar for a pink one. I called
all sorts of plumbing and building stores and could not find any pink
toilets. A few days later I found a pink toilet sitting on the curb not
far away from my house. I asked the homeowner and he was happy to give
it to me, and get rid of it.

I brought it home, cleaned it, replaced all the parts in the tank, and
the tank to bowl gasket. She was more than happy to pay me about 3 times
what a new white toilet would have cost. That was easy money, even
though I had wasted many hours on the phone trying to locate a
replacment. It was just luck that I found that used pink toilet when I
did....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message ...

On 07/06/2016 11:24 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
I know someone who grew up around "separate but equal" facilities.
Seeing drinking fountains labeled "white" and "colored", she wondered
what colored water tasted like.

I was curious about that when I was in Huntsville in '58. Tasted warm,
wasn't colorful. I thought it would be like the show globes they used to
have in drugstores.

Well colored Toilet Paper had short life because it was
fund by LGBT and TTT to be discriminant!!!

Toilet paper re-roller Stormin Mormon[_4_] Metalworking 20 March 22nd 16 12:40 AM
How much toilet paper do you use in 10 years? Anyar Bakalin Home Repair 32 November 14th 15 09:43 PM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 20 April 23rd 13 10:46 AM
Toilet paper Bill UK diy 105 March 3rd 13 05:48 PM
Run on toilet paper predicted Stormin Mormon Home Repair 12 October 30th 03 07:48 PM