Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WORX Brand ?

Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the
usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?
Equiv. to ???

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:18:33 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the
usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?
Equiv. to ???

Thanks,
B.

Amazon reviewers like them...http://tinyurl.com/z7rmvrv
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 06/19/2016 6:18 AM, Bob wrote:
Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the
usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?

https://www.positecgroup.com/home

A relatively new (mid-90s?) Chinese startup that's become a supplier to
the big box stores...

Equiv. to ???

About all the same ilk as the rest of the class...

Posted to alt.home.repair

It happens that Bob formulated :
Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the usual
name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?
Equiv. to ???

Thanks,
B.

More advertizement like TV and spam email and infomercials got the name
brand out there so that and inexpensive pricing made "WORX" a success.
The tools are comparable with Black and Decker in just about every way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob"
wrote in message Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and
household tools in the stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be
equiv. types from the usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?
Equiv. to ???

Thanks,
B.

I don't know about WORX brand but a few months ago
I needed some new sheet metal shears. The store had a
rack full of them and they were all made in china, even
the name brand ones. Except for the brand down in
the lower left corner of the rack, almost out of sight.
They were, get this, made in Sturgis Michigan! Yup.
Mid West Tools made in USA! I immediately bought
a left right and center snips. Same price and just as
good.
This spring I wanted a new battery for my Harley.
I wanted a YUASA YHD-12 part no. m22h12. No one
in the parts stores had it. Went to a shop dealing with
recreational vehicles and they could get one. Ok, when
it came in it was an Interstate battery. Problem. Guy
says the battery dealer says it is a better deal. Yah,
right.
It was made in vietnam! The yuasa is made in Reading
Pa. The battery dealer said it was a better deal. Sure,
for
him, the profit margin was bigger. I refused it and
they
got the right one and the price was the same. When I
say I want USA I mean it...!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/19/2016 10:15 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:
This spring I wanted a new battery for my Harley.
I wanted a YUASA YHD-12 part no. m22h12. No one
in the parts stores had it. Went to a shop dealing with
recreational vehicles and they could get one. Ok, when
it came in it was an Interstate battery.

What golden oldie do you have? A few years ago I needed a battery and
went to the Harley dealer. They said they would have to order it.
Considering the 20 series batteries are used in Sportsters and many
Dynas I figured they had finally become strictly a boutique. I bought
one from O'Reilly's that lasted several years.

This time around, straight to Amazon. The Yuasa was sitting on my deck
in two days, ready to be filled and charged.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 06/19/2016 10:15 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:
This spring I wanted a new battery for my Harley.
I wanted a YUASA YHD-12 part no. m22h12. No one
in the parts stores had it. Went to a shop dealing with
recreational vehicles and they could get one. Ok, when
it came in it was an Interstate battery.

What golden oldie do you have? A few years ago I needed a battery and
went to the Harley dealer. They said they would have to order it.
Considering the 20 series batteries are used in Sportsters and many
Dynas I figured they had finally become strictly a boutique. I bought
one from O'Reilly's that lasted several years.

This time around, straight to Amazon. The Yuasa was sitting on my deck
in two days, ready to be filled and charged.

I've been buying DEKA batrteries for my bikes . Made in USA "with USA and
imported materials" . Got a 14L sitting right here for the '09 Sporty trike
we just got for the wife .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message On 06/19/2016 10:15 AM,
Phil Kangas wrote:
This spring I wanted a new battery for my Harley.
I wanted a YUASA YHD-12 part no. m22h12. No one
in the parts stores had it. Went to a shop dealing
with
recreational vehicles and they could get one. Ok,
when
it came in it was an Interstate battery.

What golden oldie do you have?

I have a '70 FLH Electra Glide with an S&S 84" stroker
motor. Tranny redone with Andrews gears and shafts.
SuperTrapp exhaust.
Phil k.

A few years ago I needed a battery and
went to the Harley dealer. They said they would have
to order it. Considering the 20 series batteries are
used in Sportsters and many Dynas I figured they had
finally become strictly a boutique. I bought one from
O'Reilly's that lasted several years.

This time around, straight to Amazon. The Yuasa was
sitting on my deck in two days, ready to be filled
and charged.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:18:33 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:

Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Never heard of them.

Thanks,
B.

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials
on TV??????????

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ho-Ann wrote:
On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:18:33 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:

Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Never heard of them.

Thanks,
B.

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials
on TV??????????

Some of us have better things to do than stay glued to the BoobTube ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/19/2016 7:14 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

This time around, straight to Amazon. The Yuasa was sitting on my deck
in two days, ready to be filled and charged.

Worx brand Yuasa? Neat, how did that work for you?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/19/2016 05:14 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
I have a '70 FLH Electra Glide with an S&S 84" stroker
motor. Tranny redone with Andrews gears and shafts.
SuperTrapp exhaust.
Phil k.

A 12 gets it done? My impression was the number was roughly the
amp-hours. Of course, a '70 FLH didn't come with the home entertainment
systems and mood lighting

I had a '55 FLH when I was a kid. That didn't come with much of
anything, including a working suspension. Wish I still had it though
with all its little idiosyncrasies. At least I would have the money to
do it right now instead of jury rigging everything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman"
wrote in message On 06/19/2016 05:14 PM, Phil Kangas
wrote:
I have a '70 FLH Electra Glide with an S&S 84"
stroker
motor. Tranny redone with Andrews gears and shafts.
SuperTrapp exhaust.
Phil k.

A 12 gets it done? My impression was the number was
roughly the amp-hours. Of course, a '70 FLH didn't
come with the home entertainment systems and mood
lighting

I had a '55 FLH when I was a kid. That didn't come
with much of anything, including a working
suspension. Wish I still had it though with all its
little idiosyncrasies. At least I would have the
money to do it right now instead of jury rigging
everything.

My first bike was a '52 FL, well worn out and beaten.
Made a
chopper out of it and that was fun! Next bike was a '73
amf FL
that was a rattletrap but put on lots of miles on it.
Then in the
mid '80s I found this '70 FL, rebuilt it and it is a
much better
bike than that '73 ever was... ;)}

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/19/2016 09:20 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
My first bike was a '52 FL, well worn out and beaten. Made a
chopper out of it and that was fun! Next bike was a '73 amf FL
that was a rattletrap but put on lots of miles on it. Then in the
mid '80s I found this '70 FL, rebuilt it and it is a much better
bike than that '73 ever was... ;)}

I skipped the AMF years. At least AMF did buy a lot of shiny new CNC
machinery even if they didn't have a clue what to do with it. I always
figured I'd grow into a bagger someday but at the rate I'm going I don't
think I'm going to make it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 6:26:39 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Ho-Ann wrote:

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials
on TV??????????

Some of us have better things to do than stay glued to the BoobTube ...

Snaggletooth terry

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to
the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and
a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 06/19/2016 09:20 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
My first bike was a '52 FL, well worn out and beaten. Made a
chopper out of it and that was fun! Next bike was a '73 amf FL
that was a rattletrap but put on lots of miles on it. Then in the
mid '80s I found this '70 FL, rebuilt it and it is a much better
bike than that '73 ever was... ;)}

I skipped the AMF years. At least AMF did buy a lot of shiny new CNC
machinery even if they didn't have a clue what to do with it. I always
figured I'd grow into a bagger someday but at the rate I'm going I
don't think I'm going to make it.

It's easier than you think ... I had an '88 Sporty totalled under me ,
moved to a '76 FLH - all original including the hand shift . That one also
got totalled (Memphis drivers ...) which is how I ended up on a '90 Ultra .
BTW , any AMF bike that's still around has had all the bugs worked out by
now ...
Gotta get busy on the Popcycle , a '39 WL one of these days , got most all
the parts just need to paint , fit and assemble it all .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ho-Ann wrote:

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials
on TV??????????

Some of us have better things to do than stay glued to the BoobTube ...

Snaggletooth terry

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to
the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and
a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

I've solved that problem. My television is actually the output of the
DVD player although I sometimes watch Austin City Limits on PBS.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/20/2016 06:29 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
It's easier than you think ... I had an '88 Sporty totalled under me ,
moved to a '76 FLH - all original including the hand shift . That one also
got totalled (Memphis drivers ...) which is how I ended up on a '90 Ultra .
BTW , any AMF bike that's still around has had all the bugs worked out by
now ...

Requires motivation. I bought my entry level Sporty in '97 and I haven't
worn it out yet although it could use a few goodies from Nallin Racing.

The 900 pounds sort of puts me off. The Sporty, DR650, and V-Strom are
all under 500 and get the job done.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ho-Ann wrote:

Wow! You've never seen the dozens of infomercials
on TV??????????

Some of us have better things to do than stay glued to the
BoobTube ...

Snag

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to
the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and
a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

Funny how I've never seen one or even heard of Worx brand tools ...
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 3:09:46 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to
the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and
a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

Funny how I've never seen one or even heard of Worx brand tools ...
--
Snag

Turn on your TV at least once a week and you'll see
the infomercial at any time of the day. This is assuming
your programming contains more than ABC, CBS, or NBC.

The Worx brand has been around, that I know of, for at
least 10 years or thereabouts. The first thing I remember
them advertising was there cordless trimmer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with being 'glued' to
the TV. Those infomercials are on any time of the day and
a person doesn't have to be 'glued' nor search for them.

Funny how I've never seen one or even heard of Worx brand tools
... --
Snag

Turn on your TV at least once a week and you'll see
the infomercial at any time of the day. This is assuming
your programming contains more than ABC, CBS, or NBC.

The Worx brand has been around, that I know of, for at
least 10 years or thereabouts. The first thing I remember
them advertising was there cordless trimmer.

I don't have time to waste sittin' in front of the TV , much better things
are going on here to occupy my time . Like ridin' the Harley (the wife has
one too , but hers is a trike) , tending my bees and chickens , working in
the garden and orchard , and building a house . Today I built and installed
a countertop (temporay , but it will be the permanent top later when I have
time to build cabinets) , built a support platform and installed a 12,000
BTU window AC unit , set the new sink , and ran a dedicated circuit for the
new AC unit . Tomorrow I'll finish the sink install and plumb/install the
new dishwasher , and if I have time I'll extract a few frames of honey for
the consignment store that's vending it for me . I also do most of the
cooking , since my wife works , including baking all of our bread - loaves ,
hot dog and 'burger buns , and some truly awesome cinnamon rolls .
As soon as I have a functional kitchen , construction will begin on the
bedroom ... bummer , the first gas range we bought was damaged in the box ,
so it'll be Saturday before I can get the replacement unit installed . We'll
be headed to Memphis Wednesday to pick up our kitchen stuff and visit the
kids as soon as I'm done at the VA medical clinic (50 miles away and a nice
motorcycle ride on twisty roads) for my annual physical and won't get back
until late Friday .
Oh , and I run a small machine/welding shop as a part-time business/hobby
.... need some aluminum welded or a new spur gear fabricated ?
--
Snag
I also cut and split all the wood to heat our house in winter ... gotta

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:41:06 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I don't have time to waste sittin' in front of the TV, much better things
are going on here to occupy my time.

Nobody said anything about sitting in front of your TV.
If you have something other than just broadcast TV you'll
see these infomercials just running through the channels.
With all you say you do I wonder how you have the time or
energy to even use a computer and visit this group.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:41:06 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I don't have time to waste sittin' in front of the TV, much better
things are going on here to occupy my time.

Nobody said anything about sitting in front of your TV.
If you have something other than just broadcast TV you'll
see these infomercials just running through the channels.
With all you say you do I wonder how you have the time or
energy to even use a computer and visit this group.

I take a few breaks during the day ... and usually if the TV is on it's my
wife scanning thru the channels . Out here in The Holler we don't get OTA
reception , the choices are one of two sat providers and usually the blurb
just says "paid programming" .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 06/20/2016 06:29 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
It's easier than you think ... I had an '88 Sporty totalled under
me , moved to a '76 FLH - all original including the hand shift .
That one also got totalled (Memphis drivers ...) which is how I
ended up on a '90 Ultra . BTW , any AMF bike that's still around has
had all the bugs worked out by now ...

Requires motivation. I bought my entry level Sporty in '97 and I
haven't worn it out yet although it could use a few goodies from
Nallin Racing.
The 900 pounds sort of puts me off. The Sporty, DR650, and V-Strom are
all under 500 and get the job done.

I gotta get some of that motivation under my wife ... I just rode her
"new" '09 Sporty trike to town for a couple of small parts for the
dishwasher install , and it is sweet . TOTALLY different from a 2 wheeler ,
but still fun . First time I ever rode a 3 wheeler , sure is different !

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:18:33 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
Hello,

See the WORX brand for all sorts of garden and household tools in the
stores.

Usually quite a bit cheaper than what seem to be equiv. types from the
usual name brands.

Never heard of them.

Anyone have any thoughts on them re quality, etc. ?
Who are they ?
Equiv. to ???

Thanks,
B.

Just because you're a homeowner doesn't mean you're not entitled to decent tools. I have no experience with Worx, but Ryobi is about in that price range and they've been relatively solid for me. But I only use their stuff for light usage.

My brands are...

Heavy usage - Makita
Medium usage - Dewalt
Light usage - Ryobi

If you only need it one or two times, you might be able to save even more money by buying from this place. Again, don't expect it to last, but for one job they're pretty solid. For example, I have a demo hammer from them and it has already paid for itself at $60 with coupon. Makita and Dewalt are $300 and $400.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2016 10:23 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
I gotta get some of that motivation under my wife ... I just rode her
"new" '09 Sporty trike to town for a couple of small parts for the
dishwasher install , and it is sweet . TOTALLY different from a 2 wheeler ,
but still fun . First time I ever rode a 3 wheeler , sure is different !

Sidecars are the same deal. There was a scooter shop in town that had a
couple of those Piaggio MP3's. The salesman tried to talk me into a test
ride but I turned him down. I figured if a squirrel ran out in front of
me as I rode around the block I'd do absolutely the wrong thing. There
was even a sticker on the dash panel to remind you it wasn't a motorcycle.

If I went for three wheels I'd want a Slingshot. Even the Spyders are a
little too much like a motorcycle if I had a senior moment.

I might make an exception for a Ural with a gun mount on the sidehack

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman"
wrote in message On 06/21/2016 10:23 AM, Terry Coombs
wrote:
[...]

For me it's either two wheels or four. The flixy
sidecar, if available,
might temp me. It has a flexable mount so you can lean
the bike.

Worx circular saw? Lobster UK diy 7 November 22nd 14 05:11 PM
Worx H3. Returned The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 August 17th 12 08:37 PM
Worx H3 The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 August 15th 12 01:04 AM
Worx Sonicrafter Rick Hughes[_3_] UK diy 16 June 30th 12 05:33 PM
Worx? The Medway Handyman UK diy 42 November 14th 08 04:32 PM