Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White Trash Mother Of The Year?

On 11/10/2015 12:29 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, November 9, 2015 at 11:04:16 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/9/2015 9:29 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/09/2015 12:11 PM, Muggles wrote:
If one of my kids threatened to call the cops on me for spanking them,
I'd tell them to get their bags packed.

It works both ways. I was observing at a 911 call center one evening
when some woman called in and wanted them to send the cops to sort her
kid out. I'd never make it as a dispatcher. About 25% of the calls they
fielded while I was there were legitimate emergencies.

Kids can be a real pain, so you have to start training them right out of
the womb!
--
Maggie

Children should be eaten not beaten because beating damages the meat. It could also break the toes which is the crunchy part. Yum.... ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Munching Monster

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

.... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2015 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink

Gotta put a little spin on things sometimes to make them work!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank" "frank wrote:
On 11/7/2015 7:24 PM, Bob F wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:49:14 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 11/7/2015 5:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:59:04 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a
little sip yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen
tonsils. Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious
cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger
for awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock
candy. It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a
bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it
on their gums. That worked pretty good.

Elders knew best. Now days a home remedy is called child
endangerment or child abuse by the "you libs", superior thinkers.

And you righties think a .19 blood alcohol level in a baby is OK?????

You don't get it just from rubbing on the gums.

From the origional post reference.

The child, who was airlifted to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, had
a blood alcohol content of .19, according to a Union County Sheriff’s Office
report. After several days of treatment, the boy was discharged into the custody
of child welfare workers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

...blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

10 month olds? Really??

There are truly a bunch of sick people in this group.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/10/2015 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink

Gotta put a little spin on things sometimes to make them work!
--
Maggie

The little rug rats enjoy being spun around and made dizzy but don't be mean and let them fall on a hard floor. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Spinning Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2015 11:07 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/10/2015 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink

Gotta put a little spin on things sometimes to make them work!
--
Maggie

The little rug rats enjoy being spun around and made dizzy but don't be mean and let them fall on a hard floor. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Spinning Monster

You have to make sure they do their spinning on the carpet.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2015 08:50 PM, Bob F wrote:
CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

...blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

10 month olds? Really??

There are truly a bunch of sick people in this group.

No doubt about that!

But what is our mother-of-the-year to do?
Maybe she traded her welfare check for booze/drugs and
her ISP cut her off for nonpayment and now she can't ask
Dr Google for a more appropriate way to treat teething pain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 1:13:21 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/10/2015 11:07 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:40:04 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/10/2015 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink

Gotta put a little spin on things sometimes to make them work!
--
Maggie

The little rug rats enjoy being spun around and made dizzy but don't be mean and let them fall on a hard floor. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Spinning Monster

You have to make sure they do their spinning on the carpet.
--
Maggie

When the little boys get old enough you can pick them up by an arm and leg on the same side and fly them around like the old tethered model airplanes. Swing them around and around and if you're next to a pool, let them go so they fly through the air and land in the water. It requires strength and agility to give them the safest trip through the air. I've had a group of little guys wear me out with,"Me me me next! I wanna fly!" Kids are so easy to entertain. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flying Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:13:22 -0600

From: Muggles
Subject: White Trash Mother Of The Year?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 01:13:22 -0600
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

Hi!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 6:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The little rug rats enjoy being spun around and made dizzy but don't be mean and let them fall on a hard floor. ^__^

[8~{} Uncle Spinning Monster

When the little boys get old enough you can pick them up by an arm and leg on the same side and fly them around like the old tethered model airplanes. Swing them around and around and if you're next to a pool, let them go so they fly through the air and land in the water. It requires strength and agility to give them the safest trip through the air. I've had a group of little guys wear me out with,"Me me me next! I wanna fly!" Kids are so easy to entertain. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flying Monster

Have to time it for when the kid is in adventure
mood. I tried an airplane ride on a boy (who loved
em) when he was in a bad mood, and that didn't help.

I still regret that, I wasn't doing very well
that day.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.

It's not too hard to get little kids laughing but sometimes the little critters want a lap to sit in and arms around them. Small children are very tactile creatures and remind me of baby monkeys clinging to their mothers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lap Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 04:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When the little boys get old enough you can pick them up by an arm and leg on the same side and fly them around like the old tethered model airplanes. Swing them around and around and if you're next to a pool, let them go so they fly through the air and land in the water. It requires strength and agility to give them the safest trip through the air. I've had a group of little guys wear me out with,"Me me me next! I wanna fly!" Kids are so easy to entertain. ^_^

Miss the pool very often while you were honing your technique?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 5:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I used to tie strings to beetle bugs legs and let them go. They'd fly
in circles all by themselves!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 7:38 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Have to time it for when the kid is in adventure
mood. I tried an airplane ride on a boy (who loved
em) when he was in a bad mood, and that didn't help.

I still regret that, I wasn't doing very well
that day.
-
.

It's not too hard to get little kids laughing but

sometimes the little critters want a lap to sit in
and arms around them. Small children are very tactile
creatures and remind me of baby monkeys clinging
to their mothers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lap Monster

I've noticed much the same thing. And, I've
been the designated lap, more than once.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:29:43 -0600, Muggles wrote:

I used to tie strings to beetle bugs legs and let them go. They'd fly
in circles all by themselves!

Saw a guy that had tied a sewing thread to a fly. The fly just
hovered in air. Prisoners are creative. I just shook my head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:58:51 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 11/11/2015 12:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:29:43 -0600, Muggles wrote:

I used to tie strings to beetle bugs legs and let them go. They'd fly
in circles all by themselves!

Saw a guy that had tied a sewing thread to a fly. The fly just
hovered in air. Prisoners are creative. I just shook my head.

LOL

It is true. Never in my life had I seen such a thing. You can learn a
lot of good things in prison
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 8:23 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:58:51 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 11/11/2015 12:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 09:29:43 -0600, Muggles wrote:

I used to tie strings to beetle bugs legs and let them go. They'd fly
in circles all by themselves!

Saw a guy that had tied a sewing thread to a fly. The fly just
hovered in air. Prisoners are creative. I just shook my head.

LOL

It is true. Never in my life had I seen such a thing. You can learn a
lot of good things in prison

There's more than one way to have a pet!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 8:57:15 AM UTC-6, rbowman wrote:
On 11/11/2015 04:06 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When the little boys get old enough you can pick them up by an arm and leg on the same side and fly them around like the old tethered model airplanes. Swing them around and around and if you're next to a pool, let them go so they fly through the air and land in the water. It requires strength and agility to give them the safest trip through the air. I've had a group of little guys wear me out with,"Me me me next! I wanna fly!" Kids are so easy to entertain. ^_^

Miss the pool very often while you were honing your technique?

I wouldn't dare try it now because I can barely pick myself up but when I was younger and able bodied, I'd toss the little critters around as long as I knew they were in for a soft landing. You must be able to judge how much physical force a little kid can tolerate. Two of my little pals were brothers aged 3 and 4. The 4 year old could be bounced off the wall like a basketball and he'd come back for more. He really liked being tossed onto a king sized bed which was his landing pad. His 3 year old brother was way too delicate to be tossed around the same way. The 3 year old wanted to participate too like all little kids when there is something fun going on so I had to hold on to him and fly him onto the big bed. I couldn't fling the little one through the air like his older brother. I'd never do anything to hurt a child and I don't like people who will. I'll never understand any adult who would consider harming a child even though some children are the spawn of Satan. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Evil Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

When I was a kid, a spool of thread and a jarful of captured June bugs made for hours of entertainment. I remember tying thread to the legs of a half dozen of them and attaching the combined threads to small objects to see if all the flying bugs had enough power to pick up the small items. I imagine if I'd had a laboratory scale and set of tiny weights, I could have made a science project out of how much weight a June bug could pick up but the real fun would be in how to setup such an experiment. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laboratory Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 10:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, a spool of thread and a jarful of captured June bugs made for hours of entertainment. I remember tying thread to the legs of a half dozen of them and attaching the combined threads to small objects to see if all the flying bugs had enough power to pick up the small items. I imagine if I'd had a laboratory scale and set of tiny weights, I could have made a science project out of how much weight a June bug could pick up but the real fun would be in how to setup such an experiment. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laboratory Monster

Sounds like what I used to do with the June bugs, too, only I could only
stand to play with one bug at a time! lol

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 11:06:14 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/11/2015 7:38 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Have to time it for when the kid is in adventure
mood. I tried an airplane ride on a boy (who loved
em) when he was in a bad mood, and that didn't help.

I still regret that, I wasn't doing very well
that day.
-
.

It's not too hard to get little kids laughing but

sometimes the little critters want a lap to sit in
and arms around them. Small children are very tactile
creatures and remind me of baby monkeys clinging
to their mothers. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lap Monster

I've noticed much the same thing. And, I've
been the designated lap, more than once.
--
.

Do you look down at the little critter in your lap and wonder how on earth could any adult ever consider harming a child? I despise grownups who hurt kids. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Safe Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 10:09:51 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, a spool of thread and a jarful of captured June bugs made for hours of entertainment. I remember tying thread to the legs of a half dozen of them and attaching the combined threads to small objects to see if all the flying bugs had enough power to pick up the small items. I imagine if I'd had a laboratory scale and set of tiny weights, I could have made a science project out of how much weight a June bug could pick up but the real fun would be in how to setup such an experiment. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laboratory Monster

Sounds like what I used to do with the June bugs, too, only I could only
stand to play with one bug at a time! lol
--
Maggie

Of course when I was a little boy, I'd use the bugs to scare little girls. Young boys are often little terrorists. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Terrorist Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 11:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 11:06:14 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've noticed much the same thing. And, I've
been the designated lap, more than once.
--
.

Do you look down at the little critter in your lap and wonder how on earth could any adult ever consider harming a child? I despise grownups who hurt kids. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Safe Monster

Usually only after I've come home from a trip
clubbing baby seals to death, and lighting
kittens on fire. Then I can really appreciate
cuddly kids.

I'm amazed some times, going shopping and hear the
cruelty that adults speak to children. Well, not
my place to comment.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2015 10:15 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

When I was a little girl I wasn't scared of the bugs. When I was 5 my
mom caught me feeding my P & J sandwich to a black widow spider. I'd
hold some pc of bread out to the spider and it'd come get it and drag it
into it's web. Mom saw what I was doing and came up behind me real
quiet (so I wouldn't jump and stumble into the spider web) and quickly
grabbed me and carried me away from the web. A few years later I was
playing outside and bouncing a ball off a fence in our yard and another
black widow spider came out of the fence from a gap in the fencing. I
was going to play with it, but ended up getting distracted by something
else and by the time I remembered it was there it had disappeared.

Fast forward to me being a grown adult with young kids in the house. I
was sitting on my front porch steps enjoying the sunshine and looked
down to see this weird web a few feet away from me with this beautiful
black spider sitting inside it. Got a closer look at it and it was a
large black widow guarding an egg sac. I went to grab something big
with a long handle and promptly smashed momma spider and eggs. I told it
.... so sorry, but your too close to my babies!

Fast forward about 15 years later (this last spring/summer), I came home
from work and saw this big spider camped out in the upper far corner of
my front porch. Turned out to be the grandmother of black widow spiders
nearly as bit as the end of my thumb. Got the spider spray out and it
only made the critter fall down from the web and twitch a little bit. I
had to smash it several times before it quit moving. I found 2 more
black widows trying to make homes on my front porch after that, so I
made it a daily chore to search the porch and steps area and kill any
more spiders. Haven't found any more trying to make homes on the porch
since then.

Inside the house we find recluse spiders occasionally. They use to
really freak me out, but now I just make sure I turn on lights before I
touch the walls, and always keep an eye out for where they may hunker
down and play possum when the lights come on.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Muggles:

Me to: http://healthnewmedicine.com/brown-r...-spider-bite/#
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 2:50 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Inside the house we find recluse spiders occasionally. They use to
really freak me out,

Me to: http://healthnewmedicine.com/brown-r...-spider-bite/#

ack! kill! {{shudders}}

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 09:21 AM, Muggles wrote:
I found 2 more
black widows trying to make homes on my front porch after that, so I
made it a daily chore to search the porch and steps area and kill any
more spiders. Haven't found any more trying to make homes on the porch
since then.

You seem to attract black widows. I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the
wild.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 9:08 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/12/2015 09:21 AM, Muggles wrote:
I found 2 more
black widows trying to make homes on my front porch after that, so I
made it a daily chore to search the porch and steps area and kill any
more spiders. Haven't found any more trying to make homes on the porch
since then.

You seem to attract black widows. I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the
wild.

I think the ones in my front yard and porch were attracted by the mulch
that we put on our front flower beds. Twice we put mulch out skipping
some years in between and both those times the black widows showed up in
the same area. That's the only common factor that I can think of, anyway.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 10:21:58 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
[...]

I remember catching little black scorpions in the hallway of our house on the farm. There were turtles, lizards, crayfish in the two springs, snails and all sorts of insects. There were rabbits, quail, doves, foxes and bobcats. I don't recall seeing a deer on the farm. It was a great place to grow up and explore nature. The area is very much like Ruffner Mountain up the hill where my brother lives. My home is in the valley but there are still lots of wild critters that show up every now and then. ^__^

http://ruffnermountain.org/

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives...r-mountain.xml

[8~{} Uncle Nature Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/12/2015 10:56 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 11/12/2015 9:08 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/12/2015 09:21 AM, Muggles wrote:
I found 2 more
black widows trying to make homes on my front porch after that, so I
made it a daily chore to search the porch and steps area and kill any
more spiders. Haven't found any more trying to make homes on the porch
since then.

You seem to attract black widows. I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the
wild.

I think the ones in my front yard and porch were attracted by the mulch
that we put on our front flower beds. Twice we put mulch out skipping
some years in between and both those times the black widows showed up in
the same area. That's the only common factor that I can think of, anyway.

Just to be fair here, do you both live
in the same part of Alaska? That might
be a factor.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2015 06:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just to be fair here, do you both live
in the same part of Alaska? That might
be a factor.

Supposedly black widows are present in Montana but everything I've read
says they're not aggressive unless it's a female with eggs. The brown
recluse has never been positively identified in the state. Cold and dry
aren't their preferred conditions. Hobo spiders got a lot of bad press
but they're not very harmful either.

Every now and then I see a spider hiking across my desk. My opinion is
I'd rather have the odd spider than whatever it's living on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2015 2:27 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

We had a fox take a shortcut through our neighborhood one day. Went one
block west, took the first right and was gone. It new the way to where
it was heading. I guess grandma's house was a few streets north of us,
maybe? LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2015 7:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

hmmm So, THAT's the problem!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2015 8:55 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/13/2015 06:12 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Just to be fair here, do you both live
in the same part of Alaska? That might
be a factor.

Supposedly black widows are present in Montana but everything I've read
says they're not aggressive unless it's a female with eggs. The brown
recluse has never been positively identified in the state. Cold and dry
aren't their preferred conditions. Hobo spiders got a lot of bad press
but they're not very harmful either.

Every now and then I see a spider hiking across my desk. My opinion is
I'd rather have the odd spider than whatever it's living on.

I don't mind spiders being around in places I'm not going to stumble
into them like anywhere outside and not where my grandkids might get bit
inside the house. The front porch is off limits, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 9:25:31 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
[...]

A friend of mine once lived in Spokane and had a Moose loose in her neighborhood. I think there was a comedian who yelled something about a moose being on the loose. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Moose Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2015 9:54 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

When the fox took a stroll through our neighborhood I was a few houses
up from mine looking at things in a yard sale. We all just turned and
watched the critter trot on it's way while saying "Do YOU see that fox,
too???" It was a kodak moment for sure.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 23:40:05 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 11/10/2015 11:46 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:09:05 -0600, Muggles wrote:

If the kid is mean, a little tenderizing is in order, though.

... they are like a cue ball. They harder you hit them the more
English you get of them wink

Gotta put a little spin on things sometimes to make them work!

wow. I should read this newsgroup more often. [g]

This has got to be the most honest statement i've seen you write.
You're well known for the spin. rofl.

--
You do realize...If this place were an airplane -
it would have been grounded or shot down. Right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
On 11/08/2015 05:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the doctors used to provide phenobarbital
drops for parents of rowdy kids. Couple drops
in the milk.

Modern medicine sure has improved. Not.

Yeah, now they prescribe Adderall, aka dexedrine, and wonder why the
rowdy kids shoot their school mates. At least they were non-violent on
the barbies.

Every time...