Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default White Trash Mother Of The Year?

On 11/13/2015 9:54 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 9:25:31 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/13/2015 2:27 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 10:21:58 AM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:15 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 10:09:51 PM UTC-6, Muggles wrote:
On 11/11/2015 10:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, a spool of thread and a jarful of captured June bugs made for hours of entertainment. I remember tying thread to the legs of a half dozen of them and attaching the combined threads to small objects to see if all the flying bugs had enough power to pick up the small items. I imagine if I'd had a laboratory scale and set of tiny weights, I could have made a science project out of how much weight a June bug could pick up but the real fun would be in how to setup such an experiment. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laboratory Monster

Sounds like what I used to do with the June bugs, too, only I could only
stand to play with one bug at a time! lol
--
Maggie

Of course when I was a little boy, I'd use the bugs to scare little girls. Young boys are often little terrorists. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Terrorist Monster

When I was a little girl I wasn't scared of the bugs. When I was 5 my
mom caught me feeding my P & J sandwich to a black widow spider. I'd
hold some pc of bread out to the spider and it'd come get it and drag it
into it's web. Mom saw what I was doing and came up behind me real
quiet (so I wouldn't jump and stumble into the spider web) and quickly
grabbed me and carried me away from the web. A few years later I was
playing outside and bouncing a ball off a fence in our yard and another
black widow spider came out of the fence from a gap in the fencing. I
was going to play with it, but ended up getting distracted by something
else and by the time I remembered it was there it had disappeared.

Fast forward to me being a grown adult with young kids in the house. I
was sitting on my front porch steps enjoying the sunshine and looked
down to see this weird web a few feet away from me with this beautiful
black spider sitting inside it. Got a closer look at it and it was a
large black widow guarding an egg sac. I went to grab something big
with a long handle and promptly smashed momma spider and eggs. I told it
... so sorry, but your too close to my babies!

Fast forward about 15 years later (this last spring/summer), I came home
from work and saw this big spider camped out in the upper far corner of
my front porch. Turned out to be the grandmother of black widow spiders
nearly as bit as the end of my thumb. Got the spider spray out and it
only made the critter fall down from the web and twitch a little bit. I
had to smash it several times before it quit moving. I found 2 more
black widows trying to make homes on my front porch after that, so I
made it a daily chore to search the porch and steps area and kill any
more spiders. Haven't found any more trying to make homes on the porch
since then.

Inside the house we find recluse spiders occasionally. They use to
really freak me out, but now I just make sure I turn on lights before I
touch the walls, and always keep an eye out for where they may hunker
down and play possum when the lights come on.
--
Maggie

I remember catching little black scorpions in the hallway of our house on the farm. There were turtles, lizards, crayfish in the two springs, snails and all sorts of insects. There were rabbits, quail, doves, foxes and bobcats. I don't recall seeing a deer on the farm. It was a great place to grow up and explore nature. The area is very much like Ruffner Mountain up the hill where my brother lives. My home is in the valley but there are still lots of wild critters that show up every now and then. ^__^

http://ruffnermountain.org/

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives...r-mountain.xml

[8~{} Uncle Nature Monster

We had a fox take a shortcut through our neighborhood one day. Went one
block west, took the first right and was gone. It new the way to where
it was heading. I guess grandma's house was a few streets north of us,
maybe? LOL
--
Maggie

A friend of mine once lived in Spokane and had a Moose loose in her neighborhood. I think there was a comedian who yelled something about a moose being on the loose. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Moose Monster

When the fox took a stroll through our neighborhood I was a few houses
up from mine looking at things in a yard sale. We all just turned and
watched the critter trot on it's way while saying "Do YOU see that fox,
too???" It was a kodak moment for sure.

--
Maggie