Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White Trash Mother Of The Year?

Muggles wrote:
On 11/7/2015 6:19 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:49:14 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 11/7/2015 5:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:59:04 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen tonsils.

Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger for
awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

Elders knew best. Now days a home remedy is called child endangerment
or child abuse by the "you libs", superior thinkers.

I know. They think spanking a misbehaving child is child abuse, too.

Political correctness is ruining our society.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2016 5:28 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen tonsils.

Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger for
awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

Elders knew best. Now days a home remedy is called child endangerment
or child abuse by the "you libs", superior thinkers.

I know. They think spanking a misbehaving child is child abuse, too.

Political correctness is ruining our society.

When I was a wee young lad, my pediatrician did
reccomend honey, lemon, whiskey for coughs.

Probably also had my share of JD on my gums for
teething. Drank out of the garden hose, peed in
the back yard, and hid candy under my bed.

Now, I use Robitussin cough syrup. Use benzocaine
cream, drink out of sport bottles, pee in the
toilet, and hide candy in the refrigerator.

You know, this nation has really gone down hill.
--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]