Posted to alt.home.repair

Default White Trash Mother Of The Year?

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2015 8:59 AM, Lori wrote:
Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://lemonparty.org

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/07/2015 09:59 AM, Lori wrote:
Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:59:04 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen tonsils.

Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger for
awhile to ease teething pain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen tonsils.

Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger for
awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen tonsils.

Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger for
awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

Elders knew best. Now days a home remedy is called child endangerment
or child abuse by the "you libs", superior thinkers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And you righties think a .19 blood alcohol level in a baby is OK?????

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I know. They think spanking a misbehaving child is child abuse, too.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2015 6:49 PM, Muggles wrote:

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

If memory is working, oil of cloves is
used by dentists, but they call it
eugenol.

One time, I had great results with Kanka,
comes in a small glass bottle with
applicator. Leaves a long lasting waxy
benzocaine film, which worked well.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2015 8:24 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/7/2015 6:49 PM, Muggles wrote:

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it on
their gums. That worked pretty good.

If memory is working, oil of cloves is
used by dentists, but they call it
eugenol.

One time, I had great results with Kanka,
comes in a small glass bottle with
applicator. Leaves a long lasting waxy
benzocaine film, which worked well.

Don't think I've heard of Kanka before. If it worked, the baby was
happy, I'm sure!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/07/2015 04:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Wine-a...cktail-History

Like the cat, it's coming back. Where I grew up rye referred to any
blended whiskey. When I first ran into Old Overholt pure rye whiskey in
the wilds of Minnesota I recall a chunk of rock candy would have been an
improvement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2015 9:44 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/07/2015 04:49 PM, Muggles wrote:
My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock candy.
It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a bad cough.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Wine-a...cktail-History

Like the cat, it's coming back. Where I grew up rye referred to any
blended whiskey. When I first ran into Old Overholt pure rye whiskey in
the wilds of Minnesota I recall a chunk of rock candy would have been an
improvement.

I had a sore throat recently and we had some peppermint schnapps in the
cupboard that'd been there a long time. Hubby recommended a half shot
at bedtime so it'd coat my throat, so I tried it on night 1 and woke up
the next morning with only a little bit of a sore throat. Tried it on
night 2 and woke up the next morning with no sore throat at all. I
guess it just kills anything there. Saved me a trip to the store for
some OTC med.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2015 1:59 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/07/2015 09:59 AM, Lori wrote:
Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a little sip
yourself.

Can't use benzocaine on kids?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 21:22:55 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Can't use benzocaine on kids?

Back in the 40's 50's some prisons kept jugs of liquid Thorazine on
the cell block ranges. Offices gave cup full to violent guys, went on
days off, came back and the guy was still sleeping. You could "roll
them around in wheel barrows" G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/07/2015 07:58 PM, Oren wrote:
Back in the 40's 50's some prisons kept jugs of liquid Thorazine on
the cell block ranges. Offices gave cup full to violent guys, went on
days off, came back and the guy was still sleeping. You could "roll
them around in wheel barrows" G

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titicut_Follies

iirc, thorazine was the answer to every problem at Bridgewater State.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 20:54:59 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/07/2015 07:58 PM, Oren wrote:
Back in the 40's 50's some prisons kept jugs of liquid Thorazine on
the cell block ranges. Offices gave cup full to violent guys, went on
days off, came back and the guy was still sleeping. You could "roll
them around in wheel barrows" G

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titicut_Follies

iirc, thorazine was the answer to every problem at Bridgewater State.

"Thorazine Shuffle" -- walking crooked in the corridor
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can't use benzocaine on kids?

Back in the 40's 50's some prisons kept jugs of liquid
Thorazine on
the cell block ranges. Offices gave cup full to violent
guys, went on
days off, came back and the guy was still sleeping. You
could "roll
them around in wheel barrows" G

The Liquid Straightjacket

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can't use benzocaine on kids?

Back in the 40's 50's some prisons kept jugs of liquid Thorazine on
the cell block ranges. Offices gave cup full to violent guys, went on
days off, came back and the guy was still sleeping. You could "roll
them around in wheel barrows" G

And the doctors used to provide phenobarbital
drops for parents of rowdy kids. Couple drops
in the milk.

Modern medicine sure has improved. Not.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/08/2015 05:56 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
And the doctors used to provide phenobarbital
drops for parents of rowdy kids. Couple drops
in the milk.

Modern medicine sure has improved. Not.

Yeah, now they prescribe Adderall, aka dexedrine, and wonder why the
rowdy kids shoot their school mates. At least they were non-violent on
the barbies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

....blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/08/2015 06:33 AM, CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

...blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

A beer in one hand, a smartphone in the other and both knees firmly on the wheel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

...blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

10 month olds? Really??

There are truly a bunch of sick people in this group.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2015 08:50 PM, Bob F wrote:
CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 11:59:29 -0500, Lori
wrote in om

Candidate for "White Trash Mother Of The Year" ???

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...bourbon-764901

...blood alcohol content of .19

Hell, a lot of people can drive quite well at that level.

10 month olds? Really??

There are truly a bunch of sick people in this group.

No doubt about that!

But what is our mother-of-the-year to do?
Maybe she traded her welfare check for booze/drugs and
her ISP cut her off for nonpayment and now she can't ask
Dr Google for a more appropriate way to treat teething pain?