Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default White Trash Mother Of The Year?

Frank" "frank wrote:
On 11/7/2015 7:24 PM, Bob F wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2015 17:49:14 -0600, Muggles wrote:

On 11/7/2015 5:11 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 11:59:04 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

It was better in the good old day when you'd just rub paregoric
(camphorated tincture of opium) on the kid's gums and have a
little sip yourself.

True. Paregoric was the go to item in the drug store. Later, teens
learned to burn off the alcohol and added it to pot (opium).

Mom made a "Hot Toddy" for us when sore throats or swollen
tonsils. Warm honey, lemon and whiskey. Soothed the throat and serious
cough.

I dipped my finger in JD and my teething baby chewed on the finger
for awhile to ease teething pain.

My grandmother made her own cough syrup out of whiskey and rock
candy. It was the only think she said worked for her when she got a
bad cough.

For the baby we use to dip our finger in liquid cloves and rub it
on their gums. That worked pretty good.

Elders knew best. Now days a home remedy is called child
endangerment or child abuse by the "you libs", superior thinkers.

And you righties think a .19 blood alcohol level in a baby is OK?????

You don't get it just from rubbing on the gums.

From the origional post reference.

The child, who was airlifted to Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, had
a blood alcohol content of .19, according to a Union County Sheriff’s Office
report. After several days of treatment, the boy was discharged into the custody
of child welfare workers.