Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sharp can opener

Ever hone the disk of a can opener?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 9:28:20 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
Ever hone the disk of a can opener?

No, is this manual or electric? Mostly they get sticky and need a clean and lube. Possibly, the cutter-wheel is replaceable...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/15 10:36 PM, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 9:28:20 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:
Ever hone the disk of a can opener?

No, is this manual or electric? Mostly they get sticky and need a
clean and lube. Possibly, the cutter-wheel is replaceable...

It's an EZ-DUZ-IT manual. I thought my Swingaway would last forever,
but I guess it wore out. I got a deluxe heavy-duty no-name model at the
corner store. It seemed very strong but soon broke.

Some say Swingaway isn't what it used to be, and EZ-DUZ-IT is like the
old Swingaways. So I got one.

It worked fine on 15-ounce cans, but 27-ounce cans are made of heavier
steel. Turning the handle was so hard that I was sure the opener
wouldn't last long.

There was a burr on the cutting disk. Maybe it came from the factory
with a burr, or maybe the original edge was too acute for a heavy can. I
honed it, and it cuts a lot easier.

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 10:00:12 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

I have 2 old Swing-A-Way (they got the name from the wall mount model). I remove the cutter disk and clean the entire opener in soapy hot water, then lube the mechanism with peanut oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/16/2015 11:00 PM, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

Zerks would increase the consumer price.

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/15 7:44 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 10:00:12 PM UTC-5, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous
to inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I
wonder if it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can
openers have Zerk fittings!

I have 2 old Swing-A-Way (they got the name from the wall mount
model). I remove the cutter disk and clean the entire opener in soapy
hot water, then lube the mechanism with peanut oil.

I'd rather take it apart to clean, but this one doesn't come apart. I
believe I cleaned it with WD-40 on a cotton swab.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/15 7:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/16/2015 11:00 PM, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

Zerks would increase the consumer price.

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Would it get to the shafts of a can opener that won't come apart?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/2015 9:18 AM, J Burns wrote:
I have 2 old Swing-A-Way (they got the name from the wall mount
model). I remove the cutter disk and clean the entire opener in soapy
hot water, then lube the mechanism with peanut oil.

I'd rather take it apart to clean, but this one doesn't come apart. I
believe I cleaned it with WD-40 on a cotton swab.

One time, I noticed the layers of dried crud on
my Swing A Way. Some oven cleaner and tooth brush
to clean it up. Don't want multiple generations of
bacteria and disease in my canned dinner.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/17/2015 9:19 AM, J Burns wrote:
On 8/17/15 7:45 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Would it get to the shafts of a can opener that won't come apart?

I'd think yes. Especially if you spray and
crank at the same time, to move the lith in.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 07:45:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/16/2015 11:00 PM, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

Zerks would increase the consumer price.

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Is white lithium grease food grade quality?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 8/16/2015 11:00 PM, J Burns wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if
it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

Zerks would increase the consumer price.

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Is white lithium grease food grade quality?

Don't know. The stuff in stores probably does
not have federal certification. As for me, the
exposure to food is pretty much zero when used
on a Swing A Way can opener shaft and gears.
I'm not going to get worried about it.

You could use Pam or other cooking spray, but
that gets sticky in a day or two. Woman down
the street from me used cooking spray in the
key hole of her front door lock. It got all
gummy. I was privileged to take it apart, clean
it with solvent, and put it back together with
some thing more suited.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:32:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Is white lithium grease food grade quality?

Don't know. The stuff in stores probably does
not have federal certification. As for me, the
exposure to food is pretty much zero when used
on a Swing A Way can opener shaft and gears.
I'm not going to get worried about it.

You could use Pam or other cooking spray, but
that gets sticky in a day or two. Woman down
the street from me used cooking spray in the
key hole of her front door lock. It got all
gummy. I was privileged to take it apart, clean
it with solvent, and put it back together with
some thing more suited.

I'd think Plumber's Silicone Grease would be a better choice -- food
grade safe. ( No chemical contamination )

http://www.lowes.com/pd_53861-1366-88693_0__
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 Aug 2015 23:00:03 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

[...]

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. . No electricity
in either case.

When one stopped working, I saw one at the supermarket at half price and
bought and used it.

Then I used WD-40 on the first one and now I have two.

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:17:51 -0400, micky
wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if

And yes, harmless. First I doubt if 1/1000th of a gram total ever gets
to the food. The things lubed are the cutting wheel axle and the crank
axle. But say some gets ont the cutting wheel. Wipe it off, for gosh
sakes. And if you don't, most gets wiped off on the inside of the can,
Well, for the first rotation of the cutting wheel. After that it's
pretty clean. If you pour the food past that part of the can, much of
what's on the can gets wiped into the food. Let's assume it's spinach,
which is heavy and wipes the can pretty well. It's still not enough to
worry me. If I had a kid, I'd wipe the WD-40 off the cutting wheel.

it does any harm by driving out lubricant. Why don't can openers have
Zerk fittings!

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. . No electricity
in either case.

When one stopped working, I saw one at the supermarket at half price and
bought and used it.

Then I used WD-40 on the first one and now I have two.

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.misc,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.sheds

"J Burns" wrote in message ...

Ever hone the disk of a can opener?

Miss Recktum likes to hone the bone of muscular black prison inmates.
Is that relevant?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.

Never go hungry -- put one on your key chain.

http://www.amazon.com/Made-Issue-Stainless-Steel-Opener/dp/B004WXTYTE/ref=pd_sim_79_3/176-3053771-2050100?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C29F37ACYFXM7QTCB46

https://tinyurl.com/p5kto9y
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:12:01 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

We have a left hander in the family.

Can openers are all but impossible to operate left handed.

LOL. It's a vast right handed-wing conspiracy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

Perhaps you can swap the position of the cutting wheel and the toothed wheel? I'm not at home right now so I can't look at my can opener but if the wheels aren't held on with screws it could be a fun project to grind off the rivets and perhaps use different length spacers with screws to re-position the wheels. Possibly also try to swap the sides the wheels are on as a way to make it left handible. (^—¡^)

[8~{} Uncle Screwy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

Oh heck I forgot! Check out The Left Hand Store. ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)

https://www.leftyslefthanded.com/Lef...t_p/906072.htm

https://tinyurl.com/o45j3py

[8~{} Uncle Righty Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if

And yes, harmless. First I doubt if 1/1000th of a gram total ever gets
to the food. The things lubed are the cutting wheel axle and the crank
axle. But say some gets ont the cutting wheel. Wipe it off, for gosh
sakes. And if you don't, most gets wiped off on the inside of the can,
Well, for the first rotation of the cutting wheel. After that it's
pretty clean. If you pour the food past that part of the can, much of
what's on the can gets wiped into the food. Let's assume it's spinach,
which is heavy and wipes the can pretty well. It's still not enough to
worry me. If I had a kid, I'd wipe the WD-40 off the cutting wheel.

My phrase "trace amounts" was sort of exaggerated. This is from the MSDS.

"Ingestion: This product has low oral toxicity. Swallowing may cause
gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. This product
is an aspiration hazard. If swallowed, can enter the lungs and may cause
chemical pneumonitis, severe lung damage and death."

As long as you don't drink enough for vomit to end up in your lungs, you
should be fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/15 12:17 PM, micky wrote:
Then I used WD-40 on the first one and now I have two.

In my two hand-held openers that failed, I don't recall sloppy bearings.
I think one had instructions with a warning not to submerge it. Maybe
rust, not wear, is the potential problem for bearings. Maybe WD-40 is a
great lubricant for that purpose. I hope Stormy doesn't read this. A
flame war is a terrible thing, once it gets started.

Can manufacturer are always looking for metals that are a little thinner
and lighter. Maybe these new metals are harder. That might explain why I
didn't experience my first failure until I was over 60, and my second
came shortly afterward. It could also explain why Amazon customers say
Swingaways aren't as good as they once were. Maybe they are as good,
but some cans are tougher.

Amazon has a good hand-cranked table model for $114.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

We have a left hander in the family.

Can openers are all but impossible to operate left handed.

http://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/...+Opener/203025
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think so too.

Once I told my brother, a board certified radiologist, that I had
inhaled some insulation off an electric wire, (I guess because I
stripped it with my teeth.). He said, Don't worry about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.

Never go hungry -- put one on your key chain.

http://www.amazon.com/Made-Issue-Stainless-Steel-Opener/dp/B004WXTYTE/ref=pd_sim_79_3/176-3053771-2050100?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C29F37ACYFXM7QTCB46

https://tinyurl.com/p5kto9y

When my new super deluxe heavy duty opener failed suddenly, I could have
kicked myself for having thrown away my Swingaway, which still
half-worked. I had to have my spinach!

I rummaged through my drawer and found a P-38. I think they named it
that because it took 38 strokes to open a certain size can. I wish they
made left-handed P-38s. Using two hands, I could open a can in half the
time!

That P-38 is on a nail over my sink. It's the only opener I can really
trust. For months, until I found and removed the burr on my EZ-DUZ-IT,
I'd use the P-38 on tough cans. It was like the movie Hombre, where the
stage coach passengers got out and walked up a steep grade because they
didn't want to wind up with dead horses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.

Never go hungry -- put one on your key chain.

http://www.amazon.com/Made-Issue-Stainless-Steel-Opener/dp/B004WXTYTE/ref=pd_sim_79_3/176-3053771-2050100?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C29F37ACYFXM7QTCB46

https://tinyurl.com/p5kto9y

I have one of those, and keep it with my camping stuff, but
a) I've only hiked overnight once, a 4-day hike, and I didn't take any
cans with me.
b) I mostly car-camp and still don't take cans with me but if I did, I'd
take a full-size can opener.
c) I keep the one you have there with my camping stuff anyhow and take
it with me, just in case there's an emergency and I have to open a can.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 2:12:12 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

So operate it right-handed. I've been a southpaw all my life,
and can openers present no problem.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:31:05 -0400, J Burns
wrote:

On 8/18/15 12:17 PM, micky wrote:
Then I used WD-40 on the first one and now I have two.

In my two hand-held openers that failed, I don't recall sloppy bearings.
I think one had instructions with a warning not to submerge it. Maybe
rust, not wear, is the potential problem for bearings. Maybe WD-40 is a
great lubricant for that purpose. I hope Stormy doesn't read this. A
flame war is a terrible thing, once it gets started.

Can manufacturer are always looking for metals that are a little thinner
and lighter. Maybe these new metals are harder. That might explain why I
didn't experience my first failure until I was over 60, and my second
came shortly afterward. It could also explain why Amazon customers say
Swingaways aren't as good as they once were. Maybe they are as good,
but some cans are tougher.

I sort of doubt the metal is any tougher. I can more easily imagine
that it is thinner, and the design of the opener depends on dimensions
of the can being the same. Of course, how thinness could make things
not work i haven't figure out yet!

Amazon has a good hand-cranked table model for $114.

For that money it should be good.

I'm on my second Swingaway. The second one used the same bracket as the
first, so that was good. But right now there are boxes in the way fo
the closet so I ccan't get to it. That means it won't wear out, which is
good, but if there are cans it can't open, I won't know until Spring
cleaning. And I doubt that you and I eat the same things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW, spray can of white lithium grease
might do some good.

Is white lithium grease food grade quality?

Don't know. The stuff in stores probably does
not have federal certification. As for me, the
exposure to food is pretty much zero when used
on a Swing A Way can opener shaft and gears.
I'm not going to get worried about it.

I'd think Plumber's Silicone Grease would be a better choice -- food
grade safe. ( No chemical contamination )

http://www.lowes.com/pd_53861-1366-88693_0__

Someone wanted a way to get the grease in
the shaft bearing, and spray lith would do
that somewhat. I doubt this will fit into
the bearing, unless there is a zerk, which
changes the price of the Swing A Way.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I like WD-40 for cleaning gunky can openers. It would hazardous to
inhale but is evidently harmless to ingest in trace amounts. I wonder if

And yes, harmless. First I doubt if 1/1000th of a gram total ever gets
to the food. The things lubed are the cutting wheel axle and the crank
axle. But say some gets ont the cutting wheel. Wipe it off, for gosh
sakes. And if you don't, most gets wiped off on the inside of the can,
Well, for the first rotation of You make a good point, which I also made. That point being from the crank axle bearing to the food, not much gets into the food. Center posted, following your example. the cutting wheel. After that it's
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2015 3:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

So use your right hand. My wife and I are both lefties and have no
trouble turning the handle with the right hand. Been doing it for 60+
years now.

Lefties are smart enough to cope in a right handed world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can manufacturer are always looking for metals that are a little thinner
and lighter. Maybe these new metals are harder. That might explain why I
didn't experience my first failure until I was over 60, and my second
came shortly afterward. It could also explain why Amazon customers say
Swingaways aren't as good as they once were. Maybe they are as good,
but some cans are tougher.

I sort of doubt the metal is any tougher. I can more easily imagine
that it is thinner, and the design of the opener depends on dimensions
of the can being the same. Of course, how thinness could make things
not work i haven't figure out yet!

I don't remember any cans as tough to open as the 27-ounce cans I've
opened in the last 5 years. I thought the gauge must be heavier, but I
measured and it's not.

Full cans get dropped. If they dent, and especially if they bulge,
consumers may reject them. If they use thinner metal to save weight, the
metal will have to be harder to resist denting and bulging.

From cutting large cans, my Swingaway developed too much space between
the cutter and the toothed wheel to cut smaller cans reliably. If the
smaller cans are made of thinner metal, that could help explain why
there's room for the cutter to push the metal out of the way instead of
cutting it.

I'm on my second Swingaway. The second one used the same bracket as the
first, so that was good. But right now there are boxes in the way fo
the closet so I ccan't get to it. That means it won't wear out, which is
good, but if there are cans it can't open, I won't know until Spring
cleaning. And I doubt that you and I eat the same things.

Don't tell me you're one of those fussy eaters who remove the eyeballs
and scales before steaming carp on brown rice!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2015 9:33 PM, J Burns wrote:

From cutting large cans, my Swingaway developed too much space between
the cutter and the toothed wheel to cut smaller cans reliably. If the
smaller cans are made of thinner metal, that could help explain why
there's room for the cutter to push the metal out of the way instead of
cutting it.

I've been known to push up on the bottom
of the can (with left hand) while cranking
using right hand. Seems to open better.

Fallback tool: http://www.harborfreight.com/6-lbs-f...axe-69246.html

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 7:31:09 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/18/2015 3:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

So use your right hand. My wife and I are both lefties and have no
trouble turning the handle with the right hand. Been doing it for 60+
years now.

Lefties are smart enough to cope in a right handed world.

You're barking at the the wrong poster there Ed. It's OK because I've been making mistakes for 60+ years now. (à²*€¿à²*)

[8~{} Uncle Perfect Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/15 8:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/18/2015 3:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

So use your right hand. My wife and I are both lefties and have no
trouble turning the handle with the right hand. Been doing it for 60+
years now.

Lefties are smart enough to cope in a right handed world.

For the normal brain, the left hand works best for spatial tasks like
drawing and throwing. In archery, the left hand normally holds the bow
so the left hand can aim. With a rifle, pulling the trigger with the
right hand leaves the left hand free to aim.

Bigots designed cockpits for the right hand to hold the joystick. That's
why flying was so dangerous. NASA realized the shuttle had to be landed
right on the first try, so they put the joystick on the left. They
proved that northpaws could fly as well as southpaws if trained to use
their better hand. Modern airliners are flown with the left hand, making
air travel much safer than it was in the northpaw days.

The right hand is best for sequential instructions, like being told how
to make letters. I learned to write left because that's how I'd learned
to draw. In high school, sometimes I wrote right for fun. I gained
insight into the mindless world of right handers. It's like being
sedated with an obedience drug.

Both hands are best for snowball fights. Lead with your right. When the
ball is about 6 feet out, you can see how your opponent is dodging. The
spatial left hand calculates and throws a bigger, faster snowball. It
arrives almost simultaneously with the right-hand ball, knocking your
opponent flat. If you're ever on your own against 72 opponents in
Alaska, you'll win easily that way.

Most tasks would feel clumsy left-handed, but I'm ambidextrous with
tools. That so irked my mother that she told everybody I was
left-handed. At family gatherings, they would all seat me where there
was room to eat left-handed but not right-handed. I've never known how
to eat left-handed, but no matter how many times I told them, they
wouldn't listen. I wouldn't have room to eat until everyone else had
finished.

ZEP drain opener Stan Brown Home Ownership 1 October 13th 10 01:35 PM
Too sharp or fack sharp (waterstones) MrM Woodworking 5 November 21st 06 01:19 PM
Opener for paul g.a.miller Home Repair 0 January 15th 06 08:10 AM
Door opener Don Home Repair 3 November 24th 05 04:49 AM
3DZ13 (SHARP) and 3TZ53 (SHARP) yt87788248 Electronics Repair 1 October 17th 05 09:03 AM