Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sharp can opener

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 1:12:12 PM UTC-5, TimR wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 12:17:54 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:

I've been using 2-handled hand can openers. The only thing better is
wall-can openers, and hand can openers have the advantage that you can
put a heavy can on the table and not worry that it will fall on the
floor if the wall can opener somehow loses its grip. .

We have a left hander in the family.

Canopeners are all but impossible to operate left handed.

Perhaps you can swap the position of the cutting wheel and the toothed wheel? I'm not at home right now so I can't look at my can opener but if the wheels aren't held on with screws it could be a fun project to grind off the rivets and perhaps use different length spacers with screws to re-position the wheels. Possibly also try to swap the sides the wheels are on as a way to make it left handible. (^—¡^)

[8~{} Uncle Screwy Monster