Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Door opener

I close my electric garage door at night, making sure that it's closed all
the way, and several mornings I've awoken to an open garage door. Anyone
have any ideas on what might set the opener off? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

"Don" wrote in message ...
I close my electric garage door at night, making sure that it's closed all
the way, and several mornings I've awoken to an open garage door. Anyone
have any ideas on what might set the opener off? Thanks.

Spurious radio signal from neighbor's door transmitter-- or other RF source.

Patrick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Taylor

Likely stray radio signals in the area, from neighboring garage door
operators, or other devices.
You might try re-coding the remote to see if that helps.
If it does not work, you could just turn off th master switch once the cars
are in for the night.

"Don" wrote in message ...
I close my electric garage door at night, making sure that it's closed all
the way, and several mornings I've awoken to an open garage door. Anyone
have any ideas on what might set the opener off? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony

"Don" wrote in message ...
I close my electric garage door at night, making sure that it's closed all
the way, and several mornings I've awoken to an open garage door. Anyone
have any ideas on what might set the opener off? Thanks.

Floating ground or static? We have a drum machine (drummer in a box) at
church and it has started on its own in the presence of static. Could be
something similar?