Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default sharp can opener

On 8/18/15 1:37 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:17:51 -0400, micky
wrote:

Then I needed one for a picnic and bought one at the dollar store.
Definitely not as good as either of the others, both harder to squeeze
in the first time and harder to turn the handle, , but also only a
dollar.

Never go hungry -- put one on your key chain.

http://www.amazon.com/Made-Issue-Stainless-Steel-Opener/dp/B004WXTYTE/ref=pd_sim_79_3/176-3053771-2050100?ie=UTF8&refRID=0C29F37ACYFXM7QTCB46

https://tinyurl.com/p5kto9y

When my new super deluxe heavy duty opener failed suddenly, I could have
kicked myself for having thrown away my Swingaway, which still
half-worked. I had to have my spinach!

I rummaged through my drawer and found a P-38. I think they named it
that because it took 38 strokes to open a certain size can. I wish they
made left-handed P-38s. Using two hands, I could open a can in half the
time!

That P-38 is on a nail over my sink. It's the only opener I can really
trust. For months, until I found and removed the burr on my EZ-DUZ-IT,
I'd use the P-38 on tough cans. It was like the movie Hombre, where the
stage coach passengers got out and walked up a steep grade because they
didn't want to wind up with dead horses.