Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bob Green: Why extradition is inevitable.

When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice
--

yeah, lynch mobs were just dandy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:54:07 AM UTC-4, taxed and spent wrote:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice
--

yeah, lynch mobs were just dandy.

\theres NO EXCUSE for what he did! he richly deserves everything that is happening to him.

i hope he gets extradiated gets life no parole where he was part of the crime and attempted cover up, trying to destroy tracking collar.

his experience will discourage others in the future.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:05:04 AM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
[...]

Despite his claims that he didn't know what was going on,
that he relied on his guides, etc, apparently he's done
similar before. I saw a story where he was fined several
years ago for illegally killing a bear in WI in an area
where it was not allowed, then moving it miles to make it
look like it was shot elsewhere.

I have no problem in general with hunting. But when you want
to hunt exotic species, where we all know they're numbers
and habitat are dwindling, then I think it;s disgusting. I too
hope this jerk gets everything that's coming to him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
[...]

I prefer the rule of law, and then he can get whatever is coming to him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 11:05 AM, bob haller wrote:

\theres NO EXCUSE for what he did! he richly deserves everything that is happening to him.

i hope he gets extradiated gets life no parole where he was part of the crime and attempted cover up, trying to destroy tracking collar.

his experience will discourage others in the future.

He may deserve what happens to him, but what about his employees? He
probably has an assistant, hygienist, receptionist, etc. They are now
out of work too.

It would suck to show up at work one day to find you no longer have a
job because your boss is a jerk. Yes, eventually they would have been
anyway but there would have been a transition time to make plans.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:24:19 AM UTC-4, taxed and spent wrote:

I have no problem in general with hunting. But when you want
to hunt exotic species, where we all know they're numbers
and habitat are dwindling, then I think it;s disgusting. I too
hope this jerk gets everything that's coming to him.

I prefer the rule of law, and then he can get whatever is coming to him.

And so far, that's exactly what's happening.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:49:53 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 11:41:15 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/31/2015 11:05 AM, bob haller wrote:

\theres NO EXCUSE for what he did! he richly deserves everything that is happening to him.

I agree with those who said that if this were the first incident, his
story might be believable. But it's not.

i hope he gets extradiated gets life no parole where he was part of the crime and attempted cover up, trying to destroy tracking collar.

his experience will discourage others in the future.

He may deserve what happens to him, but what about his employees? He
probably has an assistant, hygienist, receptionist, etc. They are now
out of work too.

It would suck to show up at work one day to find you no longer have a
job because your boss is a jerk. Yes, eventually they would have been
anyway but there would have been a transition time to make plans.

That's funny.

They're probably spraying each other with the water hose now. After
they used the laughing gas. I hate to think what happens with the
reclining dental chair. Probably watching TV from that. (My dentist has
a TV there.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:24:19 AM UTC-4, taxed and spent wrote:

I have no problem in general with hunting. But when you want
to hunt exotic species, where we all know they're numbers
and habitat are dwindling, then I think it;s disgusting. I too
hope this jerk gets everything that's coming to him.

I prefer the rule of law, and then he can get whatever is coming to him.

And so far, that's exactly what's happening.

but not what's being called for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 9:48:24 AM UTC-5, Kurt Ullman wrote:
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice
--

The people of Zimbabwe are asking WTF? What is wrong with Americans? Lions and elephants are destroying our villages and killing our people but Americans don't care about our people. Why do they care so much about one lion? o_O

I'd like to know why there is no outrage in American media about all the people of Africa who are being slaughtered? Perhaps there is something wrong with me but I think the lives of African people matter more than the life of any animal. I want to know WTF is wrong with many of my fellow Americans? African lives matter! O_o

https://i.imgur.com/CDws5Eh.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 2:42 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

The people of Zimbabwe are asking WTF? What is wrong

with Americans? Lions and elephants are destroying our
villages and killing our people but Americans don't
care about our people. Why do they care so much about
one lion? o_O

I'd like to know why there is no outrage in American

media about all the people of Africa who are being
slaughtered? Perhaps there is something wrong with me
but I think the lives of African people matter more
than the life of any animal. I want to know WTF is
wrong with many of my fellow Americans? African
lives matter! O_o

https://i.imgur.com/CDws5Eh.jpg

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster

Maybe if we get enough donations, we can buy
Not so Reverant Not so Sharp a one way ticket
to go there and protest that African lives
matter?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 2:00:34 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.

I want to organize the "Hug A Lion Tour". Lets setup the Hug A Lion Tour to get all these people together who are so upset and outraged about the brutal murder of Cecil the lion. We should find his cubs and lady lions then cuddle and hug them and tell them that we're so sorry that their daddy lion was killed by that evil tooth pulling big game hunter. Perhaps a Kickstarter campaign or get some other crowdfunding website to raise money for the Hug A Lion Tour. The chant should be, "Animals Matter More Than People!" ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cuddle Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 11:24:19 AM UTC-4, taxed and spent wrote:

I have no problem in general with hunting. But when you want
to hunt exotic species, where we all know they're numbers
and habitat are dwindling, then I think it;s disgusting. I too
hope this jerk gets everything that's coming to him.

I prefer the rule of law, and then he can get whatever is coming to him.

And so far, that's exactly what's happening.

His teeth grew too long doing similar stuffs here and there.
I now can't even talk normal because of too long teeth.
You get what you deserve at the end. Also going into hiding
mans he did some thing not right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice

Those are wise words about mob justice. I don't seem him being extradited
precisely because he's been overpunished already. However that conclusion
requires logic and compassion. We're talking about the government
ultimately deciding so who knows what they think is fair.

Someone said 100's of big game animals like Cecil die this way every year.
Not sure it's true but it probably is. Walter's biggest problem will likely
be the destruction of the radio collar. That's the point where he starts to
lose any benefit of the doubt people were willing to give him before.

One game warden put his finger on why this suddenly went viral: The lion
had a name. He suggests naming all the other big game animals in Africa to
help protect them.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message news:84bb1486-

stuff snipped

Despite his claims that he didn't know what was going on,
that he relied on his guides, etc, apparently he's done
similar before. I saw a story where he was fined several
years ago for illegally killing a bear in WI in an area
where it was not allowed, then moving it miles to make it
look like it was shot elsewhere.

He's clearly a bad pony and I wouldn't bet on him. I agree with you. I
don't think anyone's going to really buy any claims of "I didn't know" or
"the guides did it all." What really bothers me is that the radio collar
revealing that this poor lion was only badly wounded by our "expert
bowhunter" and wandered in horrible pain for 40 hours before one of the
guide adminstered the coup de grace with a pistol. So he's not even a very
good hunter.

I have no problem in general with hunting. But when you want
to hunt exotic species, where we all know they're numbers
and habitat are dwindling, then I think it;s disgusting. I too
hope this jerk gets everything that's coming to him.

He may end up getting too much of what's coming to him. Lynch mobs have
come back with a vengeance on the internet and there's no telling how high a
pitch they can come to before they lost interest.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

He may end up getting too much of what's coming to him. Lynch mobs have
come back with a vengeance on the internet and there's no telling how high a
pitch they can come to before they lost interest.

--
Bobby G.

i prefer hespendsthe remainder of his worthless life in a very unpleasant prison, fixing other prisoners teet, for 5 cents a hour, for his comisary account.

death would be too good for him

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for any american to murder a endangered species in the future

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 18:07:29 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

[...]

killing animals for sport is barbaric. I understand not everyone
agrees with that. But to the extant I might help ensure punishment of
this PARTICULAR ILLEGAL killing I would want to do so. I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't even understand why it's call sport. It'll be if one hunts with
bare hands.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Tony Hwang:
I don't even understand why it's call sport. It'll be if one hunts with
bare hands.

There was a great cartoon in Mad magazine about hunting.

I've been Googling for it for two days now and think I have it narrowed
down to issue #155, back in 1972 - which I just ponied up a few bucks
for on Amazon... a week or so and I may have something to post.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

killing animals for sport is barbaric. I understand not everyone
agrees with that. But to the extant I might help ensure punishment of
this PARTICULAR ILLEGAL killing I would want to do so. I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.

as to his business, hopefully it goes bankrupt. even if it survives he will probably have trouble finding workers since what he did was so terrible, someone may bomb the building one day. people will fear death just working for the idiot
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 9:29:20 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

killing animals for sport is barbaric. I understand not everyone
agrees with that. But to the extant I might help ensure punishment of
this PARTICULAR ILLEGAL killing I would want to do so. I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.

as to his business, hopefully it goes bankrupt. even if it survives he will probably have trouble finding workers since what he did was so terrible, someone may bomb the building one day. people will fear death just working for the idiot

So a wild animal from Africa of the type that kills hundreds of HUMANS every year in Africa is more important than people. I wonder if you care that around 14,000 people have died of starvation during 24 hours that everyone has been arguing about a fraking lion killed by a tooth pulling big game hunter? Damn, I wish all the lion huggers would go to Africa and cuddle with the poor lions from Cecil's pride and apologize for the brutal murder of their daddy. Make sure you have someone inside a protected vehicle making a video for YouTube because I'd love to see the cute little adorable lions hug you back. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lion Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 11:43 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

So a wild animal from Africa of the type that kills hundreds of HUMANS every year in Africa is more important than people. I wonder if you care that around 14,000 people have died of starvation during 24 hours that everyone has been arguing about a fraking lion killed by a tooth pulling big game hunter? Damn, I wish all the lion huggers would go to Africa and cuddle with the poor lions from Cecil's pride and apologize for the brutal murder of their daddy. Make sure you have someone inside a protected vehicle making a video for YouTube because I'd love to see the cute little adorable lions hug you back. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lion Monster

As long as this thread is, no one said the lion is more important than
people. That is your conclusion.

If you want outrage over starving people, you have to get it on the 6
o'clock news first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:29:16 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

killing animals for sport is barbaric. I understand not everyone
agrees with that. But to the extant I might help ensure punishment of
this PARTICULAR ILLEGAL killing I would want to do so. I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.

as to his business, hopefully it goes bankrupt. even if it survives he will probably have trouble finding workers since what he did was so terrible, someone may bomb the building one day. people will fear death just working for the idiot

Probably hire some 19-year old who doesn't know who he is.

The reason peope want to punish him excessively is that they have the
feeling too many people don't get punished enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

killing animals for sport is barbaric. I understand not everyone
agrees with that. But to the extant I might help ensure punishment of
this PARTICULAR ILLEGAL killing I would want to do so. I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.

as to his business, hopefully it goes bankrupt. even if it survives he will probably have trouble finding workers since what he did was so terrible, someone may bomb the building one day. people will fear death just working for the idiot

Probably hire some 19-year old who doesn't know who he is.

The reason peope want to punish him excessively is that they have the
feeling too many people don't get punished enough.

Maybe his patients are mad thinking they were supporting his hunting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/31/2015 8:25 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at him
and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that would
be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and that it
was illegal. So did the guides.

Do you have any proof that the dentist knew?

Or, are you just being bigotted? Your hatred
is really showing through.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/1/2015 12:07 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

It's not a dificult conclusion to reach. After all,
look at the attention and effort people are using
for the lion, versus the starving chidren.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

One game warden put his finger on why this suddenly went viral: The lion
had a name. He suggests naming all the other big game animals in Africa to
help protect them.

Wouldn't work. The lion was **one** who had a name. If all had a name,
they would no longer standout.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
‹ Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 12:07:25 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Agree. This is nonsense. Americans have expressed outrage over
events involving humans in Africa. Last year, when those 200 girls
were kidnaped in Nigeria, for example. This country has also sent
more in aid to Africa than any other country in the world. We've
sent billions a year to Africa just for aids programs that have
saved millions of lives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/31/2015 8:25 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I feel no
empathy for this killer at all and hope he gets the book thrown at
him and spends a minimum of a decade in prison. If he got life that
would be fine with me too. He knew exactly what he was doing and
that it was illegal. So did the guides.

Do you have any proof that the dentist knew?

Or, are you just being bigotted? Your hatred
is really showing through.

Or maybe, since he's been busted before, he's just a lowlife scum, that thinks
the rules are for everyone else.

No hatred needed.

How many basic rules does someone have to violate before you are convinced?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:01:08 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

i prefer hespendsthe remainder of his worthless life in a very unpleasant prison, fixing other prisoners teet, for 5 cents a hour, for his comisary account.

The guy is a dentist, not a veterinarian so he can't fix "teet"s. What
makes you think Zimbabwe prisons have prison commissaries. anyway?

death would be too good for him

Sigh.

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for any american to murder a endangered species in the future

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Most part of aid usually goes into American puppet's pockets there. How
about gossiping about so called celebrities? Are they celebrity for
what? To me they are all garbage, human trash. One example Kim K....,
Kanye W(you know who)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i prefer hespendsthe remainder of his worthless life in a very unpleasant prison, fixing other prisoners teet, for 5 cents a hour, for his comisary account.

The guy is a dentist, not a veterinarian so he can't fix "teet"s. What
makes you think Zimbabwe prisons have prison commissaries. anyway?

death would be too good for him

Sigh.

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for any american to murder a endangered species in the future

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?

I guess the same power that gave Congress the right to make other
crimes, eg having sex with minors, apply even though it's done
outside the USA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for any
american to murder a endangered species in the future

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?

There was some discussions early on (that I can't find now) that said he
might be able to be convicted under US law. The one I remember for sure
was bribery of a foreign official if he paid the guide more than usual
to get this lion. I'd have to check, but I don't think the Lion is an
endangered species under US law. THere was supposedly something under
way to change that before the incident, but caught up in paper work.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 10:05:48 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?

I guess the same power that gave Congress the right to make other
crimes, eg having sex with minors, apply even though it's done
outside the USA.

I forgot about that - "sex tourism trade".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 7:45:07 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

And most of that money was stolen by the corrupt government officials there in Africa but there has been no hysterical response from the media, no pitchforks and torches in front of African embassies because most Americans have no fraking idea of what's happened to billions of their tax dollars they thought were going to actually help A LOT of Africans in need. (à²*_à²*)

[8~{} Uncle Fraking Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 12:10:57 PM UTC-5, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Oren wrote:

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for any
american to murder a endangered species in the future

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?

There was some discussions early on (that I can't find now) that said he
might be able to be convicted under US law. The one I remember for sure
was bribery of a foreign official if he paid the guide more than usual
to get this lion. I'd have to check, but I don't think the Lion is an
endangered species under US law. THere was supposedly something under
way to change that before the incident, but caught up in paper work.
--

If there is no law, I'm sure federal prosecutors will fabricate something due to public pressure to keep the attention diverting circus going on as long as possible. Gee, just think of how many years they can keep this hot steaming pile of male bovine droppings grabbing the public's attention. á•™(‡€€¸†¼€¶)á•—

[8~{} Uncle Despicable Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Problem is there is no "Accountability" over here or over there. You see if
was
accountability then our officials would not be able to own VILLAS on the
Island
less accountability more they can hide there are no in interest to them to
show
the cause for where money has gone.

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Dentristy pays well, but I was thinking maybe he had inherited weatlth
to spend this much money.

Still, yes, its reasonable for patents to think they're funding this, at
least in part.

Turns out, I heard second hand, that he spent twice as much as the trip
to kill the lion cost, to settle a claim for sexual harassment.

And he gave m money to Mitt Romney's campaign.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

i prefer hespendsthe remainder of his worthless life in a very
unpleasant prison, fixing other prisoners teet, for 5 cents a hour,
for his comisary account.

The guy is a dentist, not a veterinarian so he can't fix "teet"s. What
makes you think Zimbabwe prisons have prison commissaries. anyway?

death would be too good for him

Sigh.

congress needs to pass a law, name for him, making it illegal for
any american to murder a endangered species in the future

What gives Congress the power to write a hunting law that applies in
Zimbabwe?

There's no need. Extradition will take care of it.