Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bob Green: Why extradition is inevitable.

On 8/5/2015 8:26 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 6:30:54 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 5:30:24 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 3:50 PM, rhinotillexomania wrote:
On 8/5/2015 3:38 PM, Muggles wrote:
I can't honestly say yes or no as to whether it's a good idea or not.
The locals don't care if another lion is killed and are puzzled by why
Some Americans care so much about it. If they don't care and it's in
their own back yard, why don't they care? Are the lions eating their
livestock or attacking their families?

Just the news media pumping up another stupid story.
People don't give a **** about the inhumane treatment of animals at
factory farms or the cruel way they are slaughtered, why would they care
about a lion or two? Sheeeesh!

Hadn't thought of it that way, but sounds like it would be true because
I don't hear people up in arms about how their steak dinner was slaughtered.

--
Maggie

Except for those wackos from PITA. They want the steer to volunteer. The goofy folks who believe animals have rights did some hidden camera work at various slaughterhouses and when they released the videos, not one Conservative howled that it was a war on hunger, that is was going to starve grandmothers and children. I imagine that if the cows and steers had names, people would become hysterical and demand that the owners of meat processing plants be jailed or slaughtered. ᕙ()ᕗ

[8~{} Uncle Carnivorous Monster

Damn, wrong wackos, the people at PITA make sandwiches out of everything. I meant PETA, I was hungry when I made the post. (-ლ)

[8~{} Uncle Distracted Monster

I just thought it was a deliberate typo because they are pains in the
ass! LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2015 7:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 6:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

Hadn't thought of it that way, but sounds like it would be true because
I don't hear people up in arms about how their steak dinner was
slaughtered.

Really? There have been dozens, probably hundreds of protests over the
years. Change.org has had many petitions. Don't forget about PETA.

Occasionally, I'll go to a steak restaurant and I've never heard anyone
complain about how their steaks were slaughtered.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 7:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 3:38:33 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Given that lions have declined from 400,000 to 16,000, are endangered,
almost extinct in West Africa and Asia, have lost most of the land
areas they once had, do you think it's a good idea to be killing
them to hang on walls for amusement? YES or NO.

I can't honestly say yes or no as to whether it's a good idea or not.

See, that's what makes you the village idiot.

Whether or not something is a "good idea" is pretty much a personal
opinion. You asked me if I thought it was a good idea, and I gave you a
straight answer.

Some people think it's a GREAT idea to hunt big game for trophies. I'm
not a hunter, so for me to judge what they do for a hobby based on my
own personal distaste for hunting really isn't a fair way to judge what
other people do for a hobby. It's obviously OK to hunt big game for
trophies for some people.

YOU, OTOH, automatically judge people solely based on your own personal
preferences, and if people don't do/say/behave in a way that passes your
litmus test then you call them the "village idiot".

What makes you think you're any better than me? You've no self-control
and evidently you're incapable of discussing a topic where you're
challenged to consider a different point of view. Do you try to force
feed everyone your agenda on every topic, or am I just special?

The locals don't care if another lion is killed and are puzzled by why
Some Americans care so much about it. If they don't care and it's in
their own back yard, why don't they care? Are the lions eating their
livestock or attacking their families?

If you paid the slightest attention to the news, you'd see that
the people of Zimbabwe do care. And don't lie and pretend that
I didn't already tell you that Z has halted the killing of lions
in response. Lawmakers are looking into changing the laws, they
want Palmer extradicted, so it's obvious that the people of Z,
like most people, care. Do you even look at the facts of what is
actually going on before coming in here and making an ass of yourself?

Lawmakers? Sure, their government is going to try to cash in on the
issue. If they'd cared before the incident they would have already done
something to halt the killing of lions.

Anyone can appear to care in the midst of a feeding frenzy. After they
get some bucks from the good ole USE will they actually put those
dollars toward their stated goal? I'm guessing as long as they are in
the limelight they'll ham it up.

The PEOPLE are the ones I mentioned who are shocked anyone cares that
the lion was killed - not the lawmakers.

And in all the coverage of this story,
did you see anyone saying that Cecil, the well know star attraction
of the wildlife preserve was attacking families? WTF exactly is
wrong with you?

{{rolls eyes}} Cecil is just another lion to the people who live there.

This article is just 2 days old:

*In Zimbabwe, We Dont Cry for Lions*
Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the
messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village
boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families
like mine...
In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no
lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They
are objects of terror...
The killing of Cecil hasnt garnered much more sympathy from urban
Zimbabweans, although they live with no such danger. Few have ever seen
a lion, since game drives are a luxury residents of a country with an
average monthly income below $150 cannot afford.....
We Zimbabweans are left shaking our heads, wondering why Americans care
more about African animals than about African people.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/op...ions.html?_r=0

Do you agree that man is responsible for almost all the species that
are currently endangered? YES or NO.

No, I don't agree.

Again, that is what makes you the village idiot. No further
proof needed, your credibility, is zero, your comments as
valid as a member of the flat earth society. The scientific proof,
agreement of experts is overwhelming and it's accepted as fact.

Did you know that some people, like yourself, consider humans to be like
weeds to the animal kingdom? I understand that viewpoint - I just don't
agree with it.

Back to causes of extinction and endangered species. Did you know there
are many causes?
-Climatic heating or cooling
-Changes in Sea Levels or currents
-Volcanic activity
-Asteroids/Cosmic Radiation
-Acid Rain
-Disease/Virus's/Epidemic/Parasites
-Spread of Invasive Species
-Pollution (from both natural and human sources)
-Habitat change/destruction (from both natural and human sources)
-Hunting (for profit/over harvesting)
-Over grazing

Man is only one factor that affects extinction and endangered species.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 11:29:13 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/6/2015 7:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 3:38:33 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Given that lions have declined from 400,000 to 16,000, are endangered,
almost extinct in West Africa and Asia, have lost most of the land
areas they once had, do you think it's a good idea to be killing
them to hang on walls for amusement? YES or NO.

I can't honestly say yes or no as to whether it's a good idea or not.

See, that's what makes you the village idiot.

Whether or not something is a "good idea" is pretty much a personal
opinion. You asked me if I thought it was a good idea, and I gave you a
straight answer.

Whether something is a good idea or not is obviously not strictly
a personal opinion. If someone said jumping off the GW bridge is a
good idea, is that just a "personal opinion"?

Some people think it's a GREAT idea to hunt big game for trophies. I'm
not a hunter, so for me to judge what they do for a hobby based on my
own personal distaste for hunting really isn't a fair way to judge what
other people do for a hobby. It's obviously OK to hunt big game for
trophies for some people.

Some people think it's a great idea to discriminate against blacks,
to pour drain oil down storm drains, and to destroy 1000 year old
artifacts because they don't like them. Does that make it OK or does
that make them like you, village idiots?

YOU, OTOH, automatically judge people solely based on your own personal
preferences, and if people don't do/say/behave in a way that passes your
litmus test then you call them the "village idiot".

The village idiot test is met when you lie, when you make all kinds
of apologies for Palmer while continuing to ignore the actual facts,
when you deny that man is responsible for the decline in almost
all the endangered species. THAT is what makes you the new village
idiot.

What makes you think you're any better than me?

That the facts actually support my position. That I and Ed too,
have presented you with facts, while all you do is bloviate.
That I don't lie and you do.

You've no self-control

Yes I do. I watched a lot of your idiotic nonsense and gave you
the benefit of doubt for quite a while. But when you lie, deny
and ignore basic facts that the whole scientific world accepts, then
you get what you deserve.

and evidently you're incapable of discussing a topic where you're
challenged to consider a different point of view.

The problem is your idiotic "view" is like asking us to accept
the different point of view that the earth is flat.

Do you try to force
feed everyone your agenda on every topic, or am I just special?

You're special. You're one of the few that are indeed the village
idiot. Apparently you've done this before in other threads. Are
you the Jenn that another poster said you were, who's been the village
idiot in other newsgroups and just recently showed up here?

[...]

Regardless, it once again proves that you don't know the most
basic facts and are too lazy to learn.

Anyone can appear to care in the midst of a feeding frenzy. After they
get some bucks from the good ole USE will they actually put those
dollars toward their stated goal? I'm guessing as long as they are in
the limelight they'll ham it up.

The PEOPLE are the ones I mentioned who are shocked anyone cares that
the lion was killed - not the lawmakers.

If some uneducated, ignorant villagers don't understand that lions
are endangered and don't care, that's compelling to you? Locals,
poachers are killing off elephants too, to profit from ivory, so
they think that's cool. Does that make it right, ethical or smart?
WTF is wrong with you?

And in all the coverage of this story,
did you see anyone saying that Cecil, the well know star attraction
of the wildlife preserve was attacking families? WTF exactly is
wrong with you?

{{rolls eyes}} Cecil is just another lion to the people who live there.

Apparently not, because the Zimbabwe govt has reacted to it by
halting shooting lions and they are working on changing the laws.
They also want the scum Palmer back for trial

This article is just 2 days old:

*In Zimbabwe, We Don't Cry for Lions*
Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the
messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village
boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families
like mine...
In my village in Zimbabwe, surrounded by wildlife conservation areas, no
lion has ever been beloved, or granted an affectionate nickname. They
are objects of terror...
The killing of Cecil hasn't garnered much more sympathy from urban
Zimbabweans, although they live with no such danger. Few have ever seen
a lion, since game drives are a luxury residents of a country with an
average monthly income below $150 cannot afford.....

So, because some ignorant villagers in Z, don't care, that makes
killing endangered animals OK? I could show you polls where they
think you get AIDS from the govt health workers or a toilet. What
does that prove?

We Zimbabweans are left shaking our heads, wondering why Americans care
more about African animals than about African people.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/op...ions.html?_r=0

And again, they like you, are ignorant. America has sent billions I
aid to Africa, we do care. The Bush administration alone sent $15bil
for AIDS in Africa over 5 years. WTF is wrong with you?

Do you agree that man is responsible for almost all the species that
are currently endangered? YES or NO.

No, I don't agree.

Again, that is what makes you the village idiot. No further
proof needed, your credibility, is zero, your comments as
valid as a member of the flat earth society. The scientific proof,
agreement of experts is overwhelming and it's accepted as fact.

Did you know that some people, like yourself, consider humans to be like
weeds to the animal kingdom? I understand that viewpoint - I just don't
agree with it.

More lies. I never said any such thing. But I do note that you
have not a single source that says man isn't responsible for the
decline in almost all the species that are endangered. That makes
you the village idiot, Capiche?

Back to causes of extinction and endangered species. Did you know there
are many causes?
-Climatic heating or cooling
-Changes in Sea Levels or currents
-Volcanic activity
-Asteroids/Cosmic Radiation

Show us the endangered species that are on the list due
to asteroids and volcanic activity, idiot.

-Acid Rain

Gee, where do you think that comes from today? Idiot.

-Disease/Virus's/Epidemic/Parasites
-Spread of Invasive Species
-Pollution (from both natural and human sources)

Pollution, where do you think that comes from?

-Habitat change/destruction (from both natural and human sources)
-Hunting (for profit/over harvesting)
-Over grazing

Man is only one factor that affects extinction and endangered species.

--
Maggie

You really, really are the total imbecile. Habitat destruction,
hunting, overgrazing, who's doing that? Monkeys?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 11:47 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Why do you keep this discussion going with me? We are not going to
agree on every detail, and it's obvious that you get some sort of weird
satisfaction from name calling and being nasty?

If you care to keep any sort of discussions going with me, cut out the
name calling. I think I've been patient enough.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

How can you say man is only one factor? You have tunnel vision or your
way of thinking is only as you want. Acid rain. Pollution, Habitat
change, Hunting, I can see more than one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 12:57:47 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
[...]

Being the village idiot, you keep asking questions already answered.
You asked this before and I answered it. But like all of my posts
and those of others here you want to pretend you didn't get an answer
and start all over. That's what village idiots and liars do.
I told you before, I just enjoy taking you to the woodshed and exposing
you for the pig-ignorant village idiot that you are.

And of course you could ask yourself the same question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:51:17 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
[...]

Of course your observation is correct. Let's see what answer you get.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 12:51 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Muggles wrote:
[...]

There at least 6 other reasons species go extinct, not just man.

Are you a hunter?
--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 1:16 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

So, you really are what you represent yourself to be. Kind of sad.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

Please trim excess trailing text.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2015 11:02 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Well, sometimes wild horses are rounded up and taken to slaughter
houses. Not many people in the US really like it but most that would
be offended don't know it goes on.

I heard horse meat is for dog food or shipped to France. French likes
horse meat. Near our cabin there is pack of feral horses roaming free.
From now and then government cull them to keep the total number at
certain level.

Couple of restaurants in Montreal serve horsemeat.

Not so much for pet food according to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_meat
There is a misconception that horses are commonly slaughtered for pet
food, however. In many countries, like the United States, horse meat was
outlawed in pet food in the 1970s. American horse meat is considered a
delicacy in Europe and Japan, and its cost is in line with veal,[37] so
it would be prohibitively expensive in many countries for pet food.

Figures the church would get involved:
In 732 A.D., Pope Gregory III began a concerted effort to stop the
ritual consumption of horse meat in pagan practice. In some countries,
the effects of this prohibition by the Roman Catholic Church have
lingered and horse meat prejudices have progressed from taboos, to
avoidance, to abhorrence.[22] In other parts of the world, horse meat
has the stigma of being something poor people eat and is seen as a cheap
substitute for other meats, such as pork and beef.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:49:19 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 8/5/2015 7:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 6:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

Hadn't thought of it that way, but sounds like it would be true because
I don't hear people up in arms about how their steak dinner was
slaughtered.

Really? There have been dozens, probably hundreds of protests over the
years. Change.org has had many petitions. Don't forget about PETA.

Occasionally, I'll go to a steak restaurant and I've never heard anyone
complain about how their steaks were slaughtered.

--
Maggie

i like steak, but dont like how it ends up on my grill, hoever thats why it raised, for food for me
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

Funny man, Your logic is one dimension, IMHO!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

I don't think Tony is a hunter, but you're an idiot.
Just because there are other possible reasons, like meteors
and volcanoes on your list of how species go extinct, doesn't
mean that those are the causes of
species being endangered *today*. Seen any climate changing impacts
from meteors, any sudden climatic changes from volcanoes lately?
And even you can't possibly be so
dumb that you don't realize that most of those causes on your
own list, are in fact caused by man today. WTF is wrong with you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:16:28 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad we have the sage village witch doctor here to counter the extreme anti-wildlife heresy espoused by Muggs and a few other village heretics under the influence of the evil demoness. (*_*)

Have you hugged a man eating loin today?

[8~{} Uncle Village Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 6:17 PM, trader_4 wrote:

dumb that you don't realize that most of those causes on your
own list, are in fact caused by man today. WTF is wrong with you?

How far are you willing to go to berate someone on a newsgroup over a
topic that will be yesterdays news in another week or so?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 6:31 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

man eating loin? {giggles}

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:50:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:02 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Well, sometimes wild horses are rounded up and taken to slaughter
houses. Not many people in the US really like it but most that would
be offended don't know it goes on.

I heard horse meat is for dog food or shipped to France. French likes
horse meat. Near our cabin there is pack of feral horses roaming free.
From now and then government cull them to keep the total number at
[...]

A hungry human will eat just about anything to survive. That's what makes man so dangerous and a top predator. There are people who will eat your cat or dog and enjoy it. I know a guy who was in The Navy and when stationed in The Philippians, he became quite upset when his neighbor ate his dog. There are people who eat other people too. I'm known for eating small children, I'm a monster, remember? ლ(*益*)ლ

http://www.thedailymeal.com/9-countr...and-dogs/11414

[8~{} Uncle Cannibal Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:50:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:02 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Well, sometimes wild horses are rounded up and taken to slaughter
houses. Not many people in the US really like it but most that would
be offended don't know it goes on.

I heard horse meat is for dog food or shipped to France. French likes
horse meat. Near our cabin there is pack of feral horses roaming free.
From now and then government cull them to keep the total number at
[...]

I remember you said you don't have children of your own, LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 8:29:23 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:50:28 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2015 11:02 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Well, sometimes wild horses are rounded up and taken to slaughter
houses. Not many people in the US really like it but most that would
be offended don't know it goes on.

I heard horse meat is for dog food or shipped to France. French likes
horse meat. Near our cabin there is pack of feral horses roaming free..
From now and then government cull them to keep the total number at
[...]

OMG, I just noticed I misspelled "Philippines"! snicker (-ლ)

[8~{} Uncle Illiterate Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Being the village idiot, you keep asking the same questions over and
over. You asked that previously and I gave the answer. I keep the responses coming because I'm having a field day exposing you. And look what we've
learned from it. According to Diesel, you're well known as Jenn and other
nyms with similar village idiot behavior in other groups.
True or False?
you. And
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:
[...]

To put it another way, what's dumb about M's list is that man is
in fact responsible for most of those "other factors" today too.
Other factors on the list, eg volcanoes and meteors, last happened
millions of years ago and are not causes of endangered species
today.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:

[...]

Do you know how many volcanoes have erupted recently, and what sort of
damage they've done to the environment?
http://www.ask.com/science/volcanoes...SimilarContent

According to the Global Volcanism Program at the Smithsonian
Institution, as of December 2014, there have been a little over *400*
confirmed eruptions in the world *since January 2004*...

*How do volcanoes affect the environment?*
An erupting volcano emits gases and dust particles that can cause
profound changes in weather and climate throughout the world. Volcanism
also *affects the environment by producing acid rain* and making ocean
water warmer.

The sulfur dioxide that large volcanic explosions hurl into the
stratosphere mixes with water to create sulfuric acid. If the acid
droplets are large enough, they prevent heat from escaping Earth's
atmosphere. That results in higher temperatures, an element of the
greenhouse effect.

The carbon dioxide released by volcanic activity is a greenhouse gas.
Greenhouse gases are responsible for extreme weather and temperature
increases around the world. Among the consequences are health problems,
crop failures and the loss of habitat for animals and plants.

Eruptions might warm the water on the surface of the Pacific Ocean,
triggering the El Nio effect, a weather pattern that brings about
torrential rain or heavy snow in some places and drought elsewhere. Acid
rain, which contaminates water sources, is another environmental effect
of volcanism.

That said, it's obvious you and I aren't going to get along, and I don't
have any intentions of calling you nasty names, either. With that I bid
you farewell on this topic.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:

[...]

Another attempt at diversion noted. Another attempt at diversion
rejected. The issue was endangered species and what caused almost
all of them to wind up on an endangered species list. That cause
is man. If it's your recent volcano eruptions, show us the source
that says that's the cause of most of the endangered animal species.
Hell, woman, just show us even *one* species. WTF is wrong with you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles wrote:

[...]

Now I realize. give her a slack. Only a woman. Wonder she was where
volcano erupted? Like Pompeii, Indonesia?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"trader_4" wrote in message news:bce68eac-

Show us the endangered species that are on the list due
to asteroids and volcanic activity, idiot.

-Acid Rain

Gee, where do you think that comes from today? Idiot.

-Spread of Invasive Species

The ballast tanks of sea-going ships are notorious for moving invasive
species into new habitats. I wonder who built those ships? (-:

-Pollution (from both natural and human sources)

Pollution, where do you think that comes from?

-Habitat change/destruction (from both natural and human sources)
-Hunting (for profit/over harvesting)
-Over grazing

Man is only one factor that affects extinction and endangered species.

--
Maggie

You really, really are the total imbecile. Habitat destruction,
hunting, overgrazing, who's doing that? Monkeys?

It's probably the buffalo that once covered the plains in herds miles long
but that were nearly driven off the face of the earth by hunters.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 3:51:08 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:
[...]

It's good to see that on this nonsense, even we agree. Note that
there was no response to the simple request to show us the
list of endangered species today that have been caused by volcanoes
or meteors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just heard on the news: Officials say Palmer's papers were in order and he
won't be extradited. It was pretty predictable given how much money hunting
brings to Zimbabwe.

--
Bobby G.

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice
but what they conceal is vital.
Aaron Levenstein