Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Bob Green: Why extradition is inevitable.

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
When an American dentist named Walter Palmer killed a beloved lion named
Cecil, the social media platforms that allowed outraged web users to
spread the story also enabled them to do more than just fume. It gave
them the power to act on their anger, to reach into Palmer's life and
punish him for what he'd done, without having to wait for the wheels of
more formal justice to turn.

http://www.vox.com/2015/7/30/9074865...er-mob-justice

Those are wise words about mob justice. I don't seem him being extradited
precisely because he's been overpunished already. However that conclusion
requires logic and compassion. We're talking about the government
ultimately deciding so who knows what they think is fair.

Someone said 100's of big game animals like Cecil die this way every year.
Not sure it's true but it probably is. Walter's biggest problem will likely
be the destruction of the radio collar. That's the point where he starts to
lose any benefit of the doubt people were willing to give him before.

One game warden put his finger on why this suddenly went viral: The lion
had a name. He suggests naming all the other big game animals in Africa to
help protect them.

--
Bobby G.