Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:10:03 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Legal to release them a couple feet under water?

It they are properly fitted with cement shoes., sure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:55:16 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 09:59:43 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Choices: Rent a cage. Buy a cage. Put up with cat door problem.
Other?

Shoot the *******. Gut and clean it, wrap two potatoes in foil and
stuff it. Bake at 375° F for an hour. Remove potatoes, throw the coon
out in the yard for the dogs.

Can't wait to help you with your next crisis.

That you Granny Clampett?

Hey. Granny could logically think through a dramatic crises, without
emotions of today:

Git the gun Jed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Choices: Rent a cage. Buy a cage. Put up with cat door problem. Other?

Shoot the *******. Gut and clean it, wrap two potatoes in foil and
stuff it. Bake at 375° F for an hour. Remove potatoes, throw the coon
out in the yard for the dogs.

Can't wait to help you with your next crisis.

Those libs don't own guns. And they don't
believe in hurting cute, furry things like
little fuzzy racoons.

My bad. You are correct. They've never had a venomous (viper) snake
coiled, head raised, ready to bite then in the eye ball. Or a chance
to be bitten by a rabid coon. It can be an awful experience unless you
expect it. BTDT

Should she use a sling with a rock? That doesn't seem as effective to
me. Maybe she could fashion a snare?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:40:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I had one snatch our cats out the window. Likely killed one of them but
we'll never be sure. I hired a trapper. But unlike Billy The Exterminator,
here, they kill them. Trapper said it was the most viscous animal he'd ever
seen. I would never have a cat door here.

+1 The next creature could be a 'possum with ill intent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:43:33 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

1. Shoot
2. Shovel
3. Shut up

Where most people go wrong is step 3.

....never confess to stealing the Lindbergh baby

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:09:57 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

When traps are outlawed, only outlaws will
have traps.

Reverse the narrative like the libs do, change the subject and call it
a snare.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2014 1:01 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Sounds like it was 1 squirrel carried across the river over 70 times.

Si, senor. Esta uno squirrel,
se deporation, la migra. Esta
squirrel dinero su coyote, vas
back in, much pronto.

Lord, your Spanish sucks _BIG TIME_!

Ah, bummer. But, it gets the idea across.
Musta been a Mexican wet Squirrel.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2014 1:26 PM, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:09:57 -0400, Stormin Mormon
And then you libs Holler "not in my back yard" when
some evil corporation wants to build a power plant,
and "don't increase my rates!" when the power is
brought in from another state. And then "there ought
to be a law" when the grid browns out because it can't
handle all your libs with house full of electronic
gadgets, electric cook top, and AC.

What would Jesus do?

Render unto Ceasar. And honor and uphold the law.
Build more power plants, imprison persons who commit
crimes (before deporting the border criminals).

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2014 3:18 PM, dadiOH wrote:
I decided I shouldn't criticize without correcting what you were trying
to say (or, what I think you were trying to say). There is more than
one way to say it...

Si, seńor. Es ardilla, fue deportada por migración. El ardilla pagó
dinero a su coyote y regresó muy pronto.

Yes, sir. It is a squirrel, deported by immigration. The squirrel paid
money to its coyote and returned very quickly.
_______________

What you said is (more or less)...

Yes, sir. This one squirrel, deportation himself, the miracle. This
squirrel money his coyote, you are going back in, much quick.

The Taiwanese manuals from years ago were better

With set under connection B not tightly assemble
do not reversely install do not use in shower
or while sleeping after partial assemble unsafely.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2014 4:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:26:28 -0400, dgk wrote:

What would Jesus do?

Vote for a conservative!

..."you libs" don't get it.

I've not heard any better, in a long time.
Thank you.

When was the last time you heard Jesus call
for higher taxes on Jerusalem to pay for
lazy people who don't want to work?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Legal to release them a couple feet under water?

It they are properly fitted with cement shoes., sure.

I let you talk to the hand.....

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:29:48 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/14/2014 4:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:26:28 -0400, dgk wrote:

What would Jesus do?

Vote for a conservative!

..."you libs" don't get it.

I've not heard any better, in a long time.
Thank you.

You're welcome.

When was the last time you heard Jesus call
for higher taxes on Jerusalem to pay for
lazy people who don't want to work?

My answer is never.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

1. Shoot
2. Shovel
3. Shut up

Where most people go wrong is step 3.

...never confess to stealing the Lindbergh baby

I was no where near there! I was in Alaska,
for the Clubbing Baby Seals opening day.

I went from there to the 107th annual Lighting
Kittens on Fire week in Nebraska.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

On 8/14/2014 4:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 13:26:28 -0400, dgk wrote:

What would Jesus do?

Vote for a conservative!

..."you libs" don't get it.

I've not heard any better, in a long time.
Thank you.

When was the last time you heard Jesus call
for higher taxes on Jerusalem to pay for
lazy people who don't want to work?

Actually I thought that he went after the money lenders, but somehow
bankers are ok?

But I was referring to the raccoon. What would Jesus do?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/15/2014 10:43 AM, dgk wrote:
Actually I thought that he went after the money lenders, but somehow
bankers are ok?

But I was referring to the raccoon. What would Jesus do?

I'd have to consult scriptures. Might raise both
arms to the sky, and command in a soft voice
like the rushing wind "begone" and the raccoon
vaporizes.

Or, he might chamber a round and shoot the pest.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:55:21 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

But I was referring to the raccoon. What would Jesus do?

I'd have to consult scriptures. Might raise both
arms to the sky, and command in a soft voice
like the rushing wind "begone" and the raccoon
vaporizes.

Or, he might chamber a round and shoot the pest.

Jesus would consult his siblings, Jose' and Maria.

Kill want needs killin'. Orenthinas I talks about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

On 8/15/2014 10:43 AM, dgk wrote:
Actually I thought that he went after the money lenders, but somehow
bankers are ok?

But I was referring to the raccoon. What would Jesus do?

I'd have to consult scriptures. Might raise both
arms to the sky, and command in a soft voice
like the rushing wind "begone" and the raccoon
vaporizes.

Or, he might chamber a round and shoot the pest.

For someon who wants to teach me about Jesus, you seemed a bit gleeful
about ways to kill one of God's creatures. Now, I'm pretty agnostic
so I don't really need to consult holy books, but the original
problem wasn't the raccoon, it was that the raccoon was coming in
through the cat flap. So killing one raccoon might not even solve the
problem since another raccoon could do the same thing.

Seems that a Home Repair newsgroup might come up with a better answer.
It's tough when the budget for solving the problem is apparently zero,
but if the OP doesn't have enough money to spend a bit on the issue,
then perhaps there is a problem with wealth distribution in our
country.

But as for a fix, my cats all have collars with RF chips that I can
locate with the Loc8tor. (www.loc8tor.com). There are similar products
that do key the pet door to the animal. Just check "RFID Pet Door" and
get a bunch of hits.

That's pretty clever and the same sort of gadget can be used to open a
particular feeding bowl for different cats. If you have multiple cats
eventually you will have a problem with feeding one and not another.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 05:54:05 -0700, dgk wrote:

...snip....
Seems that a Home Repair newsgroup might come up with a better answer.
It's tough when the budget for solving the problem is apparently zero,
but if the OP doesn't have enough money to spend a bit on the issue,
then perhaps there is a problem with wealth distribution in our
country.

But as for a fix, my cats all have collars with RF chips that I can
locate with the Loc8tor. (www.loc8tor.com). There are similar products
that do key the pet door to the animal. Just check "RFID Pet Door" and
get a bunch of hits.

...snip...

We used to live in 'downtown' of the 7th largest city in US, about 5
blocks from main street and one block from City Hall, Police Dept, Federal
Buildings, meaning very urban area. In an old Victorian style home,
separate garage. One night as I drove into the drive along the back yard I
could see a family of raccoons 'gleaning' for something in our lawn. They
were taking their little hands and feeling for something in the grass,
then would place what they found in their mouths, and kept moving along,
like 'grazing' [later I found out they were pulling all the slugs and
grubs off the grass, great!] I purposely ignored them as I parked in the
drive to carry in groceries. One juvenile of the group came over towards
me, so I 'talked' to it. In response, it stoodup on hind legs and swayed
back and forth, like a greeting. The other members of the family kept
clear, but this one would always aproach me when I'd come home. So,I
bought him a can of cat food, opened it in front of him, and set it out.
Wow! friend for life here. After eating the cat food, being a juvenile,
he'd run around, grab low hanging branches and swing back and forth in
play. I guess that means thank you in raccoon. Finally come back to me,
stand on hind legs swaying back and forth with those outstretched arms,
then leave with his family. This kept going on until, you guessed it, he
kept getting 'too' friendly. Started following behind me as I carried
groceries to the steps of the back door. While following me, he'd reach
out with his paw and swipe my heel causing my foot to deflect and
lock/catch on my other foot almost causing me to fall [This raccoon must
have gone to the same high school I did, since that was also a favorite
sport amongst us]

After time, they all grew quite large, the siblings evidently moved on,
but that one precocious one stayed around, until one day when I came home,
there he was right in front of me, but now about hundred feet away I could
see he was accompanied by a female and three very little ones of his own.
So I stopped and gave full attention, and one by one the little ones came
from distance away to come up close and parade in front of me, like trying
to gain approval. Each passed 'carefully' by. The female would not leave
her safe distance, but acquiesed to have all her offspring be paraded in
front of me. Looked like a small May Day parade. So I rewarded with the
can of cat food, and they all played around the lawn for awhile. except
female who was quite happy to 'hide' in the open under her tree.

Don't know what happened to the original, got old, died don't know. But
the three little ones slowly grew and adopted our lawn as 'home' I guess.

Over time, and many cans of cat food, they'd now started to congregate up
on the steps beside the back door waiting for me to bring groceries up.
All three would stand on their hind legs while waiting, like small
children. As I would turn my back to pick up sacks from the car; they
would intently claw at the back door trying to open it [all while up on
hind legs], then as I would turn carrying the sacks, they'd all stop,
quickly turn their attention away from the door, back to me, drop their
arms down to their sides, and all start milling around, some looking up,
another looking down, all trying to look innocent, like "we weren't trying
to get in" but turn my back and they'd all be back at that door clawing
away. Like a scene from a film.

Ok, ok. So one night I opened the door for them, and they dropped dwon
from their standing positions to the level of the top step, staring
intently into the 'forbidden' space. Actually, one got head over the
threshold, but that was enough, with curiosity satisfied, they all turned
and ran out to the lawn to continue their grazing, and never clawed at the
door again.

They never touched our garbage, and always grazed our lawn for slugs and
grubs. I had long ago given up spraying for the slugs, to not hurt the
raccoons. And always greeted me when I came home, all three standing on
their hind leges with arms up in the air swaying back and forth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xksligq22cx0wh@ajm
[...]

That's a nice story, thanks. I had a pet raccoon when I was a
kid,,,weighed 1.5 pounds when I got him, became my good buddy. I still
have a soft spot for them, would never hurt one.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:36:06 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

[...]

Yes, they are really smart. I avoid harming them also, but feeding
them is probably not a good idea. Possums will move on even if you
feed them. Raccoons don't, they stick around.

But we feed the local feral cats (we've had them neutered) and I'm
sure that some of the raccoons get the food also.

Has everyone seen the commercial where the vision-impaired older lady
lets in the raccoon thinking that it's one of her cats? Pretty funny,
and likely true.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2014 11:59 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:
Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for ages.
Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes his water
dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window giving on dark
yard; have it open minimum, but anxious-making.

Replace your pet door with a more secure model.
There are pet doors that have sensors built into them that detect a
matching sensor you attach to the pet's collar, or the microchip
embedded in your cat. That way, the door opens for the pet, but not
for any other animal.
Here's one to consider:
http://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-Micro...=1408395218&sr

Point is: Why are RACCOONS -- biggest pest around -- "protected"
!!!? I asked Animal Shelter for help -- send someone to trap him,
or lend me a cage. They said haven't done this for years. Gave me
info about "protected" status. I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS PROTECTION!

What they meant is that racoons are game animals. And as such, they
are protected by game laws, which you have to abide by in order to
legally deal with them.

Look up the game laws for your state, or phone your state department
of natural resources. Most states have clauses in their game laws that
permit homeowners to legally eliminate a game animal that is posing a
nuisance to the homeowner. Usually, those laws require the homeowner
to give the DNR advance notice of their intent to do so. That's not
because the DNR is playing hardass; it's to protect the homeowner in
the event that somebody gets mad about the killing and reports the
homeowner to the DNR, who will then have to treat it as an unlawful
taking of a game animal.

So - talk to the right people to find out the right way to deal with
your problem. Then replace your cat door with something more secure,
or you will continue to have animal incursions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2014 6:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/13/2014 5:15 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SOMETHING THEY CAN'T STAND THAT I WOULD LIKE
TO TRY SPRAYING BEFORE SPENDING ALL THAT $$.

I found these on-line. If you used, pls post whether it worked or
not. Thanks!

Spicy Deterrent
Many reviews will tell you that there is no such thing as a real
raccoon repellent. If you've tried it all from sounds to other
tactics, then you might as well try this one too. All you need is
some really spicy sauce (tabasco or chilly), a gallon of water, and
some regular detergent soap. Mix all the ingredients to prepare a
spray. Put it in a spray can and spray it all around your garden.
They cannot stand the smell, so they won't even get past the plants.

Hot Pepper Repellent
Here is another natural repellent that you can try out. Get yourself
a chopped Jalapeńo pepper, a chopped onion (yellow), and a tbsp. of
cayenne pepper. Add these three to 8 cups of water and bring it to a
boil. Once it cools down, strain the liquid to remove the chunks of
the peppers. Fill it in a spray can and spray away.

Granular Repellent
There are quite a few granular raccoon repellents available at
pest-control outlets, which just have to be dusted around the area.
They are made of substances like ammonia or predator urine. Raccoons
sense the presence of their predators through the scent of the
urine. And so, when they smell the granules, they mistake it for the
predator and steer clear of that area.

Read more at Buzzle:
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/raccoon-repellent.html

HB

About twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad's got
tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder, so he
shot the squirrel. (Military vet, out in the
country, good backstop, nice and safe). Next
day he shot the next squirrel. And he gave up
after 300 squirrels.

Whatever you do to shoot, trap, scare, spray, or
motivate the raccoon. Please plan to do it every
day, forever.

Exactly. Because nature abhors a vacuum. You remove one wild animal,
you've created an opportunity for another one to move in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/14/2014 7:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

When traps are outlawed, only outlaws will
have traps.

What is it with you libs? Insist that animals
be protected, and then moan and carry on when
animals invade your house.

What is it with you right wing nut jobs? Claim you love this country,
but you hate having to abide by its laws.

Why is it that you libs nsist that Mexicans need
amnesty, and then whine and cry when they rape,
rob, murder, and invade your house.

Why is it that you RWNJs insist we need the world's largest military
to invade other countries to 'protect' ourselves, but complain about
paying the taxes needed to pay for your wars and your casualties?

And then you libs Holler "not in my back yard" when
some evil corporation wants to build a power plant,
and "don't increase my rates!" when the power is
brought in from another state.

And then you RWNJs let the veterans languish and die for lack of
proper care after they - unlike you - volunteer to do the fighting you
called for but refused to do yourselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default You libs! Was: Raccoon

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:44:33 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

CY: Why don't you do some research, and see when the
VA is better funded and run? I've not researched,
but my guess is during Conservative admin, much
better care. My family has at least a couple veterans.
Not me, due to medical problems.

Chris,

There are about 370 House bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk in the
Senate. At least a dozen or more dealing with the VA. He refuses to
bring them to an up or down vote.

I can't wait until November when he moves to the minority leader. I
rather he just dropped dead though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

CY: Why don't you do some research, and see when the
VA is better funded and run? I've not researched,
but my guess is during Conservative admin, much
better care. My family has at least a couple veterans.
Not me, due to medical problems.

Chris,

There are about 370 House bills sitting on Harry Reid's desk in the
Senate. At least a dozen or more dealing with the VA. He refuses to
bring them to an up or down vote.

I can't wait until November when he moves to the minority leader. I
rather he just dropped dead though.

That's astounding! I thought our "you libs" friends
on the left say us right wing nut jobs are the
obstructionists? You mean the libs are accusing us
of what they are already doing?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per dadiOH:
That's a nice story, thanks. I had a pet raccoon when I was a
kid,,,weighed 1.5 pounds when I got him, became my good buddy. I still
have a soft spot for them, would never hurt one.

There's a documentary movie out called "Raccoon Nation".

I enjoyed it.... and it points out that at least one person studying
raccoons thinks they are evolving intelligence-wise right before our
eyes - as they adapt to city life.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

There's a documentary movie out called "Raccoon Nation".

I enjoyed it.... and it points out that at least one person studying
raccoons thinks they are evolving intelligence-wise right before our
eyes - as they adapt to city life.

I had that same thought last night about the family of raccoons that has
been living under our shed for as long as we have (30 years!) They
certainly haven't ceded any territory to us and when you watch them work
their very human-like "fingers" you realize that they are evolving. We may
have just evolved first but I suspect we won't be the last.

A while back, I thought someone was sending an ominious message. I found a
package of ground beef on the hood of my car! Turns out it was the raccoon
family raiding the neighbor's garbage. They had thrown out some expired
hamburger and the raccoon stole it but apparently got frightened by
something and dropped it on the way back to the den.

They have chewed through the very heavy plastic of my neighbor's rolling
trash can, gnawing a raccoon sized hole in the area just below the lid.

Going to HF to buy some motion-sensor "stick up" LEDs to put around the can
area to film them. I have a CCTV system so it should be easy to
fast-forward through a night's worth of video to find the spots lit up by
the raccoon tripping the PIR. I never knew how many were back there until
we had a snowstorm and the backyard was criss-crossed with dozens of
pawprint trails - all leading back to the shed. You have to admire how
invisible they are most of the time. Probably the most important of their
many survival skills.

I'll check Netflix for "Raccoon Nation" although I seem to recall seeing it
on Nova or Nature. They have a "Princess Raccoon" and a "Rodney Raccoon"
but not "Raccoon Nation." )-;

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Robert Green:
I'll check Netflix for "Raccoon Nation" although I seem to recall seeing it
on Nova or Nature.

It's a Nature film.

Can't remember where it was, but I found a freebie download for it.

Having fooled around with IP cameras at home, I found the
detail/resolution of the night-time photography especially impressive.

That and when they showed a raccoon opening an overhead garage door.....
-)
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon known as polecats

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

What is your crisis for Thursday & Friday?

Just wait.. he/she/it will think of something...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon movie

RobertMacy posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

[...]

Makings of a Disney movie.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:52:18 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

What is your crisis for Thursday & Friday?

Just wait.. he/she/it will think of something...

Near a week later the crises is "Avast fraud".

Her crises was due last week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon movie Girl mauled by raccoon finishes 2 years of surgeries

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:01:39 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Makings of a Disney movie.

Folks forget rabies, viciousness...

http://www.reviewjournal.com/life/good-news/girl-mauled-raccoon-finishes-2-years-surgeries

Feed an alligator or other wild animal they will come back to haunt
you as they lose fear of man.

"I kept my word. I told her we’d give her nose back, lip back and ear
back, and so we did,” Dr. Kongkrit Chaiyasate, Charlotte’s surgeon..."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 18, 2014 1:55:34 PM UTC-7, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
[...]

I would love to use the sensor route, but thought it was only for collars. I long ago gave up trying to keep a collar on him. After about 3x buying collars and having tags engraved with his name & phone #, and having him "lose" them pretty quickly, I realized he is even more of a "free spirit" than I thought.

However, I am glad to learn that the sensor can be linked to his chip & will look into that.

On the matter of tolerating or eliminating raccoons: I can understand why some people tolerate, but everyone's situation is different. To keep him out, I have to change my whole life style! I would love to eliminate painlessly by purcha$ubg a trap and hoping it works to run him out of town. But it's iffy. OTOH, maybe it's a good investment in case there's another.

Dither, dither, dither...

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

Point is: Why are RACCOONS -- biggest pest around -- ""protected"" !!!? I asked.

I've only seen some of them on TV - the raccoon massacre in Ohio being the most prominent. They're nasty. While we have not seen these wild creatures during pest inspections here at Newcastle, NSW Australia, we know for sure that they are carrier of diseases. They're vicious and very hard to get rid of. There could be more pests lying around your property. Our comprehensive pest inspections here at Pink Slip Building Reports will ensure that these wild animals/pests won't go undetected.

Head over to http://psbr.com.au/services/pest-inspections to find out more information.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:59:43 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:
Big SOB has been terrorizing household intermittently for ages. Comes in through cat door; scarfs up cat food; messes his water dish. We blocked up cat door; cat has to use window giving on dark yard; have it open minimum, but anxious-making.

Found raccoon in kitchen at night. BIG! Rushed out OPEN back door, brushing past my legs; no injury fortunately. So can't leave computer room door open for air at night.

OP has volunteered to kill it w/blow to head, but he doesn't realize how big and fierce they are. Also, first have to catch it!!

Point is: Why are RACCOONS -- biggest pest around -- "protected" !!!? I asked

Animal Shelter for help -- send someone to trap him, or lend me a cage. They said haven't done this for years. Gave me info about "protected" status. I'M THE ONE WHO NEEDS PROTECTION!

Not ept enough to construct own cage, though have plans/descriptions. Cost of materials - have to be VERY strong. Ever see the CLAWS on those critters!

Choices: Rent a cage. Buy a cage. Put up with cat door problem. Other?

*******SPRAY SOMETHING ON STEPS THAT THEY ARE SAID TO AVOID. Anybody know a product?******

OK, end sob story. Excuse venting.

HB

Funny, brings back memories of my encounter with raccoon. I made mistake of rescuing a baby raccon after its Mother was road kill and the little baby kept running into road to be next to dead Mother, pretty sad, so I let my emotions get the most and saved it from death. Took it home, as an animal lover, just wanted to give it a fair chance, so fed it until it was big enough to go out on its own, but didn't. lol

Long story short, I couldn't get rid of him for they are always looking for the easiest meal, and I was it. He would break into house, pulling screens off windows and doors, amazing how cunning they are when it comes to getting free food. I ended up taking him deep into the woods for he wouldn't leave, actually would sleep up on my roof at night as safe as it was and easy not to leave his food source.

So lesson learned, get rid of raccoon if you can, just buy a safe trap and catch him, then take him to woods a couple miles away and your problem is over. Easy to catch as they will eat just about anything, so bait your trap with maple syrup which was my raccoons favorite snack. lol A more expensive option is to get an electronic pet door which activates from reciever on pets collar, works great and only opens for your pet. By the way, raccoons stink to high heaven if they get into your home and start marking their territory as food source, so if you notice a smell, try Green-Homes.com air odor purifier, worked great in my home.

Success to all,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2014 11:19 AM, GREEN-HOMES.com wrote:
[...]

I'd think you would say to trap and kill. Moving
is about as effective as taking a bucket of water
from one side of the boat to the other side.

BTW, that raccoon baby was second generation Democrat,
public assistance raccoon.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:59:03 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Yes, KILL the little monster...all of them should be eliminated from this earth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/2014 2:52 PM, Roy wrote:
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:59:03 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd think you would say to trap and kill. Moving
is about as effective as taking a bucket of water
from one side of the boat to the other side.

BTW, that raccoon baby was second generation Democrat,
public assistance raccoon.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, KILL the little monster...all of them
should be eliminated from this earth.

And now we hear from the environmental
types, who want to save the cutsie wootsie
wittle second generation democrat kids.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"GREEN-HOMES.com" wrote in message
[...]

---

The Dept. of Fish and Wildlife told me that trapping and moving isn't the
answer. They will find their way back. We had to have our house raccoon
proofed. One snatched our two cats out the window and we never got one of
them back. Totally damaged the screen and even with the cats gone, still
tried to get in numerous times. That was a bad summer.

OT trapped a raccoon Ignoramus9757 Metalworking 32 June 26th 10 12:09 PM
Raccoon Revenge HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 0 October 22nd 09 02:06 AM
Raccoon Problem Rob Mills Home Repair 33 September 20th 08 02:09 AM
Raccoon havoc HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 18th 08 03:54 AM
Raccoon smell Kendall P. Bullen Home Ownership 4 April 29th 05 03:43 AM