Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Raccoon

On Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:59:03 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/18/2014 11:19 AM, GREEN-HOMES.com wrote:

Funny, brings back memories of my encounter with

raccoon. I made mistake of rescuing a baby raccon

after its Mother was road kill and the little baby

kept running into road to be next to dead Mother,

pretty sad, so I let my emotions get the most and

saved it from death. Took it home, as an animal

lover, just wanted to give it a fair chance, so fed

it until it was big enough to go out on its own,

but didn't. lol

Long story short, I couldn't get rid of him for

they are always looking for the easiest meal, and

I was it. He would break into house, pulling screens

off windows and doors, amazing how cunning they are

when it comes to getting free food. I ended up

taking him deep into the woods for he wouldn't leave,

actually would sleep up on my roof at night as safe

as it was and easy not to leave his food source.

So lesson learned, get rid of raccoon if you can,

just buy a safe trap and catch him, then take him

to woods a couple miles away and your problem is

over. Easy to catch as they will eat just about

anything, so bait your trap with maple syrup which

was my raccoons favorite snack. lol A more expensive

option is to get an electronic pet door which

activates from reciever on pets collar, works

great and only opens for your pet. By the way,

raccoons stink to high heaven if they get into

your home and start marking their territory as

food source, so if you notice a smell, try Green-

Homes.com air odor purifier, worked great in my home.

Success to all,

I'd think you would say to trap and kill. Moving

is about as effective as taking a bucket of water

from one side of the boat to the other side.

BTW, that raccoon baby was second generation Democrat,

public assistance raccoon.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

Yes, KILL the little monster...all of them should be eliminated from this earth.