Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon

On 9/18/2014 11:19 AM, GREEN-HOMES.com wrote:
Funny, brings back memories of my encounter with

raccoon. I made mistake of rescuing a baby raccon
after its Mother was road kill and the little baby
kept running into road to be next to dead Mother,
pretty sad, so I let my emotions get the most and
saved it from death. Took it home, as an animal
lover, just wanted to give it a fair chance, so fed
it until it was big enough to go out on its own,
but didn't. lol

Long story short, I couldn't get rid of him for

they are always looking for the easiest meal, and
I was it. He would break into house, pulling screens
off windows and doors, amazing how cunning they are
when it comes to getting free food. I ended up
taking him deep into the woods for he wouldn't leave,
actually would sleep up on my roof at night as safe
as it was and easy not to leave his food source.

So lesson learned, get rid of raccoon if you can,

just buy a safe trap and catch him, then take him
to woods a couple miles away and your problem is
over. Easy to catch as they will eat just about
anything, so bait your trap with maple syrup which
was my raccoons favorite snack. lol A more expensive
option is to get an electronic pet door which
activates from reciever on pets collar, works
great and only opens for your pet. By the way,
raccoons stink to high heaven if they get into
your home and start marking their territory as
food source, so if you notice a smell, try Green-
Homes.com air odor purifier, worked great in my home.

Success to all,

I'd think you would say to trap and kill. Moving
is about as effective as taking a bucket of water
from one side of the boat to the other side.

BTW, that raccoon baby was second generation Democrat,
public assistance raccoon.

--
..
Christopher A. Young