Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft

http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/M...ft-1399714500/

The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has said
that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP computers.

Microsoft said that in the last quarter of 2013, the Windows 7 computers it
scanned were more likely to be infected by malware than PCs running Windows
XP. An infection rate of 2.59% was found for Windows 7 PC compared to 2.42%
for XP.

Windows Vista was also affected by malware. Microsoft has calculated the
infection rate for each version of Windows is calculated by comparing an
equal number of computers per version.

The company said that infection rates jumped drastically from Q3 to Q4 2013
mainly due to the Rotbrow family of malware which presented itself as a
browser add-on.

Microsoft Security Intelligence Report said that Windows 7 can provide
better security than Windows XP if configured in a proper manner.

The infection rates measured in computers cleaned per thousand (CCM -- yes
M, the Latin for thousand) rose from 5.6 in Q3 to 17.8 in Q4 of last year on
the back of the Win32/Senfit click fraud bot.

The CCM rates for Vista and Windows 7 were higher than XP for the quarter.
The report shows an infection rate of 25.9 percent for Windows 7, 32.4
percent for Vista and 24.2 percent for XP.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/2014 8:22 AM, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/M...ft-1399714500/

The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has said
that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP computers.

Microsoft said that in the last quarter of 2013, the Windows 7 computers it
scanned were more likely to be infected by malware than PCs running Windows
XP. An infection rate of 2.59% was found for Windows 7 PC compared to 2.42%
for XP.

Windows Vista was also affected by malware.

I have Malware Bytes on every computer. So far, nothing has gotten by.
www.malwarebytes.org

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/10/2014 08:22 AM, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/M...ft-1399714500/

The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has said
that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP computers.

Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR)? ROFLMAO!
I don't think there is any intelligence at Microsoft.
In my opinion, Microsoft is malware.

https://fedoraproject.org/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have Malware Bytes on every computer. So far, nothing has gotten
by.

So - what exactly has it ever detected (that wasn't a false positive) ?

AV detection of new malware has been pathetic for the past 5 or 6
years. Just this past week I've submitted about 1/2 dozen malware files
sent as email attachments to VirusTotal, and the detection rate has been
anywhere from 0/52 to 5/52. Some of these are PDF files (real pdf,
trying to leverage some adobe javascript vulnerability) or exe files
claiming to be .scr (I know the difference is subtle).

I've run the infected files at Anubis and have downloaded the secondary
payloads and submitted them to VT, and always get 0/52.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mycroft Holmes wrote in
:

On 05/10/2014 08:22 AM, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/M...n-Windows-7-PC
s-than-XP--Microsoft-1399714500/

The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has
said that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP
computers.

Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR)? ROFLMAO!
I don't think there is any intelligence at Microsoft.
In my opinion, Microsoft is malware.

https://fedoraproject.org/

Some consider the Windows logo a warning label :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/10/2014 09:30 AM, Mycroft Holmes wrote:

[snip]

Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR)? ROFLMAO!
I don't think there is any intelligence at Microsoft.

There IS intelligence there. It's just being misused.

In my opinion, Microsoft is malware.

Since "malware" is any software on your computer that is under someone
else's control and is intended (or used) for purposes contrary to what
the owner wants, M$ stuff is malware.

BTW, because of my experiences with BASIC on home computers, I tend to
read "M$" as "M-string" ('$' was used to indicate string variables).

[snip]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:22:22 AM UTC-4, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
[...]

Ther'e a surprise. Those out to screw the world are focused on new
OS's that are widely used and increasing, instead of the decade old and
declining one. Makes sense just from volume. Then factor in that
since XP is a decade old, hackers have had that much time to find and
exploit and flaws, while with Win 7, there is probably much more to
look for and that hasn't been found/fixed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 May 2014 09:38:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Ther'e a surprise. Those out to screw the world are focused on new
OS's that are widely used and increasing, instead of the decade old and
declining one. Makes sense just from volume. Then factor in that
since XP is a decade old, hackers have had that much time to find and
exploit and flaws, while with Win 7, there is probably much more to
look for and that hasn't been found/fixed.

+1

People would be best served by tending to their System Security
Status. Belarc Advisor is free, will audit your system, provide hot
links - pointing to ways to secure the system. People are just sloppy
about it. http://belarc.com/free_download.html

XP was the most dangerous OS release on the masses. Out of the box all
ports were open.

Shields Up (port) testing can be done at:

https://www.grc.com/intro.htm

(More than 94,405,250 shields tested!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hi,
No routers in use? My first line of defense is router/firewall/AV
software. I use Linux as much as I can. Actually my router is UTM
class which gives little more security.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 7:22:22 AM UTC-5, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
[...]

1st thing you don't want to do is take any advice from a home repair forum! *L*
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sure routers are involved G. As well as FW and AV. Still good to
lock down your PC. At GRC, it will show if your ports are open,
closed, or if they are in true Stealth mode. You want _stealth mode_.
Like I mentioned, most users are sloppy, don't bother with system
security or even care about it. Just sayin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 May 2014 11:39:07 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

1st thing you don't want to do is take any advice from a home repair forum! *L*

When did AHR become "forum" and changed from Usenet? I don't recall
the OP asking for advice. For certain, I'd not take some advice from
Clintonville, Wisconsin 54929. Latitude: 44.6382, Longitude: -88.7364.
Using Google as a user interface. Right?

Unless the advice was applicable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

1st thing you don't want to do is take any advice from a home repair forum! *L*

When did AHR become "forum" and changed from Usenet? I don't recall
the OP asking for advice. For certain, I'd not take some advice from
Clintonville, Wisconsin 54929. Latitude: 44.6382, Longitude: -88.7364.
Using Google as a user interface. Right?

Unless the advice was applicable.

Hi,
Another thing is the more you load up all those stuffs system becomes
slow for increased overhead on system resource. Catch 22 situation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 May 2014 15:47:11 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hi,
Another thing is the more you load up all those stuffs system becomes
slow for increased overhead on system resource. Catch 22 situation.

I follow simple basic rules (learned) from pros. (I'm self taught)

Dedicate the PC for tasks. Those you need. Don't try to make the
all-in-one solution for every task.

1) Give it ALL the memory it can handle

2) Give it ALL the drive space it can handle

3) Use only software intended for the use of the system

This is why I do clean in installs. I can make the system work
without all the trash hogs.

IOW - delicate AutoCAD on a system that uses the resources to handle
the software. Just an example.

E-Mail, Web browsing and Video viewing takes less resources. Dedicate
that system for the house wife

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

[...]

I love getting the report that my puter does not existStealth or the UPnP
answer THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS Did not respond to our UPNP
probes
Spybot Search and Destroy is good, too

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 May 2014 21:17:02 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

[...]

Stealth will not acknowledge the system exist or is sending data
back. Best thing you can do to protect yourself.

(hide the fat girl)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

1st thing you don't want to do is take any advice from a home repair forum! *L*

When did AHR become "forum" and changed from Usenet? I don't recall

the OP asking for advice. For certain, I'd not take some advice from

Clintonville, Wisconsin 54929. Latitude: 44.6382, Longitude: -88.7364.

Using Google as a user interface. Right?

Unless the advice was applicable.

It's damn good advice...you just have a hard on or something up your ass. And your 20 miles or so off on your location guess...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 21:17:02 -0500, "ChairMan"

wrote:

In ,
Oren belched:
wrote:

[...]

that and use NoScript in FireFox, scripts will bite your ass
quicker than anything these days.
Also, Ccleaner helps keep your puter clean, every little bit
helps keep the gremlins out. g
And your right about most being sloppy about it. Got a buddy
that calls me all the time about his puter runnin ****ty.
Ask the standard questions to which he has no answer(or clue
of what I'm asking). Wallk him through just a basic clean
up.
Which he never remembers from the last time and will not use
anything but IE, which i tell him is his #1 problem
Also, the most basic thing is, no matter who uses the puter,
is to set up an Admin account and a user account.
All real simple ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/10/2014 8:22 AM, Sherlock.Homes wrote:
http://www.delhidailynews.com/news/M...ft-1399714500/

The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has said
that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP computers.

Microsoft said that in the last quarter of 2013, the Windows 7 computers
it
scanned were more likely to be infected by malware than PCs running
Windows
XP. An infection rate of 2.59% was found for Windows 7 PC compared to
2.42%
for XP.

Windows Vista was also affected by malware.

I have Malware Bytes on every computer. So far, nothing has gotten by.
www.malwarebytes.org

Daughter got something from Facebook that attacks only Windows 7 OS's.
First thing it did was disable Malwarebytes and her AV. Then it pretended
to be her AV and told her that she needed to pay to remove the virus.

I wound up paying our local computer store to remove it. They said it is a
PITA to remove and there was nothing she could have done to prevent getting
it. She didn't use Facbook for a very long time after that though!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 May 2014 01:17:22 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi Guys,

I do internal penetration testing for PCI (credit card
compliance). Yes, with the customer's written permission!

You can not stealth a Windows computer. Sorry. No with
any software firewall. I will find you. And I will charge
you hours writing up reports about all your ports I find
open and why.

Moral of the story: you can only protect Windows with
an external *hardware* firewall.

ISP has some of mine in stealth: Telnet, FTP, HTTP

This doesn't mean you shouldn't turn off all the
Windows crap you can in an attempt to harden it.

1) turn off file and print sharing
2) remove
IE (in add remove programs, Windows stuff)

May take several times, so double check. It reverts back to the prior
versions - one at a time.

Flash

Youtube? Or is there another way to watch videos?

Java
Acrobat Reader (Foxit Reader works well)
3) run a decent Anti Virus (I like Kaspersky. Bit Defender
does well too in tests.)
4) use Chrome, Firefox, and/or Thunderbird

Check!

And, I will still find you. But the bad guys will
have a much harder time infecting you. (I won't
find you behind an external hardware firewall that
has been stealthed, but I will find you if I am on
your internal network -- your permission and all.)

Or, use Fedora Linux, which is the most security hardened
Linux. I can stealth a Fedora Linux Box. Windows is
a security joke (all versions).

You can try Fedora Linux before you buy (it is free,
open source) with their Live CD (not DVD):
https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/#downloads

If you decide to stay with Windows, the Live CD is
a great tool to have around.

TIP: !!!!!

Here is a tip for Windows users. Junkware is not checked for
by your Anti Virus because it is legal. You can remove it with
my favorite utility: JRT (Junkware Removal Tool). I have
make dozens of excruciatingly slow Windows computers come
back to life with it:

JRT http://thisisudax.org/

Handy Stopped one service, removed it and cleaned 27 Registry
entries for some trash.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 May 2014 23:56:58 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

use NoScript in FireFox, scripts will bite your ass
quicker than anything these days.

_Block scripts in Firefox_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqnLgOzwM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:

2) remove
IE (in add remove programs, Windows stuff)

And then you will find all the software that only works with IE.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 May 2014 16:53:42 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/11/2014 09:37 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 11 May 2014 01:17:22 -0700, Todd wrote:

1) turn off file and print sharing
2) remove
IE (in add remove programs, Windows stuff)

May take several times, so double check. It reverts back to the prior
versions - one at a time.

M$ does want to rule the world. Every IE service pack
will put it back. I remove the icons too.

Windows update will also start showing "important" updates for earlier
versions of IE. I just hide them. Right click, hide.

Funny story: was putting Firefox on a companies
computers. Some A** H*** got in my face about IE
being able to do everything he wanted to do. So
I made him a second icon of Firefox on his desktop
with IE's picture. Mind you the caption still
said "Mozilla Firefox". Next week he got back in
my face and proved to me that IE did everything
he needed to do. It took everything I ha not
to start laughing in his face.

.... I once took a screen capture of the Desktop, made it the
background, deleted shortcuts - none of the icons were hot or
clickable. What I hoot messing with a network user (Win95)

Flash

Youtube? Or is there another way to watch videos?

Firefox automatically will switch to HTML5. Chrome
has its own flash build in.

I'll check further. I removed flash today and Youtube wanted it put
back on. Thanks.

JRT http://thisisudax.org/

Handy Stopped one service, removed it and cleaned 27 Registry
entries for some trash.

:-)

Junkware is so easy to catch, I am not surprised
there is not more virus infections out there. I
love that little utility. If you are badly infected,
you may have to run it twice.

Thanks for the link. Worked great for me today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 May 2014 16:59:35 -0700, Todd wrote:

3) install "IE Tab V2" and configure it to ONLY
run that web page as an IE window inside Firefox

Golly. That just fixed Craigslist.org not showing thumbnails, and
gallery views.

Craigslist is obviously intended for IE. FF would not show the
options, now it does.

Added CL in the site filter option - bingo!

- IE Tab Enhanced (FF 3.6 +) v.5.12.12.1

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

use NoScript in FireFox, scripts will bite your ass
quicker than anything these days.

_Block scripts in Firefox_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBqnLgOzwM

got a freind that works IT security at TI(TexasInstrument)
and he says he very rarely has to deal with viruses these
days, its mostly scripts and malware

Posted to alt.home.repair

Friends don't let friends use Windows!

http://fedoraproject.org/
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Default For the fool praising Fedora (and other versions of unix/linux) (was:Malware more likely in Windows...)

Buster Hymen wrote:

Friends don't let friends use Windows!

http://fedoraproject.org/

The truth about Fedora (and the increasingly uncountable versions of
unix / linux out there these days) is that they are for geeks, not the
average computer user.

There is no version of those OS's that are shrink-wrapped and
one-button-installable by the average home or soho desktop or laptop
user that is in any way a coherent and ergonomic replacement for
windoze. And not just the OS, but all the personal and business apps
that go along with it.

For better or worse, it's about time you fools realized that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 12, 2014 8:51:52 AM UTC-5, HomeGuy wrote:

For better or worse, it's about time you fools realized that.

Easy...a geek is not a fool...he's not like someone from California that uses a Mac!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 May 2014 21:34:53 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/11/2014 05:36 PM, Oren wrote:
Firefox automatically will switch to HTML5. Chrome
has its own flash build in.

I'll check further. I removed flash today and Youtube wanted it put
back on. Thanks.

Try this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-html5/?src=ss

Thanks. It works on some videos, is limited to 360p & 720p and is not
compatible with "Youtube Tube Enhancer Plus" FF add-on. which I use to
save videos/audio to HDD.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-enhancer-plus/?src=search

News media sites also want flash to view videos. I'll keep kicking it
until I find a way I've white listed sites in no-script but videos
wont play.

(I've only used FF a few days now.)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Todd wrote:

There is no version of those OS's that are shrink-wrapped and
one-button-installable by the average home or soho desktop or
laptop user that is in any way a coherent and ergonomic
replacement for windoze. And not just the OS, but all the
personal and business apps that go along with it.

For better or worse, it's about time you fools realized that.

Hi Guy,

(irrelavent link to *nix something or other)

And, it is getting easier every day.

After 20 years you've finally figured out that *real* people want to do
more with a PC then enter arcane syntax into a command-line shell?

By the way, I am a business and I am a Fedora shop. There are
lots of Business apps, just not from Microsoft.

We were just fine running Office 2k Premium installed from MSDN CD's (in
violation of the EULA) across all our PC's at $dayjob 10+ years ago.
About half our PC's still run Office 2k, the other half run office 2007
(courtesy of Technet, again in violation of the M$ Eula). We don't run
Office 2010 (even though we have it, again courtesy of Technet) because
it's not compatible with Exchange server running on a Win-2k server.
Our website and SMTP server is handled by a pair of boxes running NT4
(Gigabyte BX440 chipset, circa 1998 or 1999). Talk about rock-solid
24/7 performance. No AV software running on any of our servers or
win-98 systems as of about 4 years ago (no point, never detected
anything). Some users and developers run their own AV on their XP and
Win-7 boxes.

We're running a version of AccPac from 2001 (it was expensive then, and
we're still squeezing value out of it 13 years later). Contact
management courtesy of Janna Contact 1999. For graphic design and
faceplate layout I use CorelDraw 9 on my win-98 system. I forget what
software we use to design and program our Altera FPGA's - we bought a
license probably 10 years ago and downloaded a more recent version (with
hack or keygen) about 5 years ago. A few machines run Parts 'n Vendors
(P&V), and that's about the size of it.

Oh yea - we had an SGI Indigo back around 95-96. Graphics was kick-ass
for the time. But then in 97 or 98 we got a dual-core pentium
motherboard with a graphics card that beat the pants off the Indigo.

Linux's only downfall is its lack of off the shelf apps.

Na - it's more than that. It's not really an OS for users. For servers
running apache - yea sure.

But, you do have a point. Trying to get Windows users off of
Windows is like trying to get an addict off of crack cocaine.

Again, most people don't know what's going on under the hood - and if
you want any real productivity out of them you don't want them to know.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

On Mon, 12 May 2014 14:04:56 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/12/2014 06:51 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Buster Hymen wrote:

[...]

shelf apps. But, you can almost always find
a work around, like I have.

But, you do have a point. Trying to get Windows
users off of Windows is like trying to get
an addict off of crack cocaine.

And when you life depends on it:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...ed-reliability

-T

Todd,

This poster stills runs Win95 and Netscape Navigator.

Here calling people fools. The damn Canuck Millionaire, he claimes to
be rich. He could hire a tech to set him up.

I'll give Linux another try one day
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

Oren unnecessarily full-quoted:

Todd,

This poster stills runs Win95 and Netscape Navigator.

I haven't run win-95 since about July 2000.

But yea - I use Netscape Navigator for usenet. Something that
apparently mOron doesn't realize is that Usenet is about 15 years older
than the usenet client I use.

Here calling people fools. The damn Canuck Millionaire, he claimes
to be rich. He could hire a tech to set him up.

What a maroon you are - a proven fool.

Go look up how old usenet is, and then tell us why a "modern" usenet
client is any better than an old one.

I'll give Linux another try one day

We can't wait.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

On 5/12/2014 7:51 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Buster Hymen wrote:

Friends don't let friends use Windows!

http://fedoraproject.org/

The truth about Fedora (and the increasingly uncountable versions of
unix / linux out there these days) is that they are for geeks, not the
average computer user.

You sure are wrong alot!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/12/2014 05:46 PM, HomeGuy wrote:
After 20 years you've finally figured out that*real* people want to do
more with a PC then enter arcane syntax into a command-line shell?

Lucky for you your Windows spyware/malware/fecesware/anti-virus remover tools all have a graphical user interface.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Jimmy wrote:

After 20 years you've finally figured out that*real* people want
to do more with a PC then enter arcane syntax into a command-line
shell?

Lucky for you your Windows spyware/malware/fecesware/anti-virus
remover tools all have a graphical user interface.

I run win-98, so I haven't had any anti-this or anti-that software
running for the last 6 or so years.

Win-9x is inherently less vulnerable (practically invunlerable) to
heap-spray and buffer-overrun exploits than NT-based OS's like 2k/xp/7
is.

But when it comes to linux used as web-servers, I hear that nothing
beats a hacked or trojanized apache server. It's been the choice of
hackers for years to serve up fake and malicious websites.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/12/2014 08:51 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Buster Hymen wrote:

Friends don't let friends use Windows!

http://fedoraproject.org/

The truth about Fedora (and the increasingly uncountable versions of
unix / linux out there these days) is that they are for geeks, not the
average computer user.

There is no version of those OS's that are shrink-wrapped and
one-button-installable by the average home or soho desktop or laptop
user that is in any way a coherent and ergonomic replacement for
windoze. And not just the OS, but all the personal and business apps
that go along with it.

For better or worse, it's about time you fools realized that.

I've been using Linux since the year 2000 and about 5 or 6 years ago
switched over to it as my full time OS.

It is not hard to use, but it certainly is not for everyone.

For anyone who wishes to try is I do not advise Fedora.

One of the Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Mint is probably the
best route
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 May 2014 11:31:04 -0700, Todd wrote:

Hi Home Dude,

This is Microsoft's marketing department spreading
garbage. They had to take every UNIX like platform
that (the same version of) Apache runs on and multiply
them together. Something like 17 of them. So
they skewed the data by a multiple of about 17.
They are nothing if not inventive lyings pigs.

Apache is Open Source, has peer review, and
almost instantly fixes its vulnerabilities.

With Microsoft, it is years to never. Remember
the Blaster virus? A vulnerability knows for
years before someone wrote a virus for it.
Then they fixed it in a couple of months.

By the way, I like your "security through
obscurity". The bad guys really are after
"low hanging fruit", meaning W7+. Their
laziness is to your benefit.

With Fedora, you wouldn't have to run all
that old s***. But, if that old s*** gets
the job done, then you are ahead of the game.

I grabbed the 32-bit ISO. Have a non 64-bit system I can cobble
together and play with it. I've ran Apache Server (self education)
under windows before - never a problem.

Fedora looks much nicer than when tried Linux more than 15 years ago.

Home Boi is just here to bitch, lacks the bandwidth to get an ISO that
size, and is in love with Win95 and Netscape Navigator ( relics ).
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 05/13/2014 07:42 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
But when it comes to linux used as web-servers, I hear that nothing
beats a hacked or trojanized apache server. It's been the choice of
hackers for years to serve up fake and malicious websites.

Are the Internet amateurs at Google running a Windows or a Linux variant?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house

On 05/12/2014 02:46 PM, HomeGuy wrote:

Again, most people don't know what's going on under the hood - and if
you want any real productivity out of them you don't want them to know.

A net-friend refers to such things as slob-enablement.

--
Cheers, Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo