Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft

In ,
Oren belched:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 09:38:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Ther'e a surprise. Those out to screw the world are focused on new
OS's that are widely used and increasing, instead of the decade old
and declining one. Makes sense just from volume. Then factor in
that since XP is a decade old, hackers have had that much time to
find and exploit and flaws, while with Win 7, there is probably much
more to look for and that hasn't been found/fixed.

+1

People would be best served by tending to their System Security
Status. Belarc Advisor is free, will audit your system, provide hot
links - pointing to ways to secure the system. People are just sloppy
about it. http://belarc.com/free_download.html

XP was the most dangerous OS release on the masses. Out of the box all
ports were open.

Shields Up (port) testing can be done at:

https://www.grc.com/intro.htm

(More than 94,405,250 shields tested!)

I love getting the report that my puter does not existStealth or the UPnP
answer THE EQUIPMENT AT THE TARGET IP ADDRESS Did not respond to our UPNP
probes
Spybot Search and Destroy is good, too