Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default For the fool praising Fedora (and other versions of unix/linux)

On Mon, 12 May 2014 14:04:56 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/12/2014 06:51 AM, HomeGuy wrote:
Buster Hymen wrote:

Friends don't let friends use Windows!

http://fedoraproject.org/

The truth about Fedora (and the increasingly uncountable versions of
unix / linux out there these days) is that they are for geeks, not the
average computer user.

There is no version of those OS's that are shrink-wrapped and
one-button-installable by the average home or soho desktop or laptop
user that is in any way a coherent and ergonomic replacement for
windoze. And not just the OS, but all the personal and business apps
that go along with it.

For better or worse, it's about time you fools realized that.

Hi Guy,

https://spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/#downloads

And, it is getting easier every day.

By the way, I am a business and I am a Fedora shop.
There are lots of Business apps, just not from
Microsoft.

Linux's only downfall is its lack of off the
shelf apps. But, you can almost always find
a work around, like I have.

But, you do have a point. Trying to get Windows
users off of Windows is like trying to get
an addict off of crack cocaine.

And when you life depends on it:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...ed-reliability

-T

Todd,

This poster stills runs Win95 and Netscape Navigator.

Here calling people fools. The damn Canuck Millionaire, he claimes to
be rich. He could hire a tech to set him up.

I'll give Linux another try one day