Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft

On Sun, 11 May 2014 16:53:42 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 05/11/2014 09:37 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 11 May 2014 01:17:22 -0700, Todd wrote:

1) turn off file and print sharing
2) remove
IE (in add remove programs, Windows stuff)

May take several times, so double check. It reverts back to the prior
versions - one at a time.

M$ does want to rule the world. Every IE service pack
will put it back. I remove the icons too.

Windows update will also start showing "important" updates for earlier
versions of IE. I just hide them. Right click, hide.

Funny story: was putting Firefox on a companies
computers. Some A** H*** got in my face about IE
being able to do everything he wanted to do. So
I made him a second icon of Firefox on his desktop
with IE's picture. Mind you the caption still
said "Mozilla Firefox". Next week he got back in
my face and proved to me that IE did everything
he needed to do. It took everything I ha not
to start laughing in his face.

.... I once took a screen capture of the Desktop, made it the
background, deleted shortcuts - none of the icons were hot or
clickable. What I hoot messing with a network user (Win95)

Flash

Youtube? Or is there another way to watch videos?

Firefox automatically will switch to HTML5. Chrome
has its own flash build in.

I'll check further. I removed flash today and Youtube wanted it put
back on. Thanks.

JRT http://thisisudax.org/

Handy Stopped one service, removed it and cleaned 27 Registry
entries for some trash.

:-)

Junkware is so easy to catch, I am not surprised
there is not more virus infections out there. I
love that little utility. If you are badly infected,
you may have to run it twice.

Thanks for the link. Worked great for me today.