Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
HomeGuy HomeGuy is offline

Default Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have Malware Bytes on every computer. So far, nothing has gotten
by.

So - what exactly has it ever detected (that wasn't a false positive) ?

AV detection of new malware has been pathetic for the past 5 or 6
years. Just this past week I've submitted about 1/2 dozen malware files
sent as email attachments to VirusTotal, and the detection rate has been
anywhere from 0/52 to 5/52. Some of these are PDF files (real pdf,
trying to leverage some adobe javascript vulnerability) or exe files
claiming to be .scr (I know the difference is subtle).

I've run the infected files at Anubis and have downloaded the secondary
payloads and submitted them to VT, and always get 0/52.