Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 10 May 2014 09:38:44 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Ther'e a surprise. Those out to screw the world are focused on new
OS's that are widely used and increasing, instead of the decade old and
declining one. Makes sense just from volume. Then factor in that
since XP is a decade old, hackers have had that much time to find and
exploit and flaws, while with Win 7, there is probably much more to
look for and that hasn't been found/fixed.

+1

People would be best served by tending to their System Security
Status. Belarc Advisor is free, will audit your system, provide hot
links - pointing to ways to secure the system. People are just sloppy
about it. http://belarc.com/free_download.html

XP was the most dangerous OS release on the masses. Out of the box all
ports were open.

Shields Up (port) testing can be done at:

https://www.grc.com/intro.htm

(More than 94,405,250 shields tested!)

Hi,
No routers in use? My first line of defense is router/firewall/AV
software. I use Linux as much as I can. Actually my router is UTM
class which gives little more security.