Senior Member

Philo:

We need to talk, you and me.

I am currently on the waiting list to have my left knee replaced with a stainless steel hinge.

And I have so many questions.

Will I be able to kneel and crawl with a synthetic knee?

You may have the answers I need to decide if and when I should go ahead with the surgery.

Last edited by nestork : January 5th 14 at 07:24 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Health of posters

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 00:52:34 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote in

On 1/4/2014 8:30 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:19:15 -0600, philo wrote
in

I realized that it would have been simple to go to Canada, just hop on a
bus and go. Nothing to it. Then I realized that in the USSR or China
...to just pack up and leave would be impossible.

At that point I
realized, "I'll be darned, this is a free country , so worth fighting for."

Still feel that way about it being a free country? If so, think back
to when you were a kid and how things were then and look at how they
are now. Remember the "kid" things you did then and ask yourself what
would happen to a kid who does those things today.

Try going down the sidewalk with a rifle across
the handlebars of your bicycle, to shoot rats
at the dump. See what reaction that causes.

That is exactly my point. Freedom as I new it in the early 1960s is
long gone from the U.S. Whatever freedom anyone still sees here may
be worth sending their sons to fight for, but it isn't worth my son's
life. I'll buy him a ticket to Canada (or wherever) first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:38:35 PM UTC-6, Uncle Buck wrote:
On 01/04/2014 09:17 PM, micky wrote:

60 Minutes is a rag. Once when I didn't control the channel, I saw

them do a hatchet job on a guy who sued a newspaper for libel, and 60

Minutes pointed out firmly and more than once that the newspaper hadn't

printed the false statements in the paper, but only put them in a

letter.

Well "publishing libel" doesn't mean publishing in a newspaper. If it

did, only newspapers or those who used newspapers could commit libel.

Publishing libel in a letter that is given or sent to someone is all

that's required for "publication". 60 Minutes didn't care.

You can't trust a word they say.

Have you been living under a rock?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ility-program/

The fraud is so rampant, and disability cases have so proliferated

in recent years, that the Social Security's Disability Trust Fund

may run out of money in only 18 months, says Sen. Tom Coburn,

R-Okla., whose office undertook the investigation.

there is a huge pool of republican lawyers who file people for SSDI as a businesses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/04/2014 11:52 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/4/2014 8:30 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:19:15 -0600, philo wrote
in

I realized that it would have been simple to go to Canada, just hop on a
bus and go. Nothing to it. Then I realized that in the USSR or China
...to just pack up and leave would be impossible.

At that point I
realized, "I'll be darned, this is a free country , so worth fighting
for."

Still feel that way about it being a free country? If so, think back
to when you were a kid and how things were then and look at how they
are now. Remember the "kid" things you did then and ask yourself what
would happen to a kid who does those things today.

Try going down the sidewalk with a rifle across
the handlebars of your bicycle, to shoot rats
at the dump. See what reaction that causes.

In most urban areas you could never do that.

OTOF: I have a friend in a rural area a few hundred miles north of here
and a lot of people tote rifles. Heck you can get guns and ammo at most
of the gas stations up there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 01:21 AM, nestork wrote:
Philo:

We need to talk, you and me.

I am currently on the waiting list to have my left knee replaced with a
stainless steel hinge.

And I have so many questions.

Will I be able to kneel and crawl with a synthetic knee?

You may have the answers I need to decide if and when I should go ahead
with the surgery.

No, I am not able to crawl or kneel. Since a good part of my job
function required that I do that,,, per my company's policy I had to
take their long term disability...and per Social Security I was declared
disabled.

Mt knees healed well, but the range of motion was not sufficient for
kneeling. (I had a total of three additional arthroscopic procedures
after my knee replacements with some improvement...but not enough for
kneeling.)

Note: The results from person to person vary...but even if you were able
to bend your knees far enough to kneel, it could be difficult to do so
and might feel uncomfortable.

Additionally, full healing can easily take a year or longer.

Had I had a desk job however, I would have been able to go back to work
within six weeks.

If you have questions you can email me

gmail addy philo565

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/04/2014 09:02 PM, 0ren wrote:

In its report "Too Fat to Fight," a nonpartisan coalition of 300 retired
senior military leaders warns Congress that at least 27 percent of
Americans ages 17 to 24 are too heavy to meet basic enlistment standards.

The group, Mission Readiness, estimates 75 percent of Americans that age
are unqualified for service considering the combination of obesity, lack
of a high school degree and criminal history.

And obesity, they state, is one of the biggest of the problems.
Each of the estimated 212,800 Hoosier young people deemed too heavy
for service would have to lose an average of 32 pounds just to be
considered, according to the report.

Yep. I worked with a guy who was only 25 years old and 300 pounds.

He was a big guy but still 75 pounds over-weight and already having
heart problems. Very sad. Plus , he is a smoker. He is not going to
have a good life.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2014 8:30 PM, CRNG wrote:
[...]

When my father was a young man, living in the city of Wilmington, DE,
when he wanted to go rabbit hunting, he'd get on the bus with his
shotgun, get off at the end of the line, and go hunting.

This was in the early 1930's.

Imagine doing that today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 06:30 AM, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:38:35 PM UTC-6, Uncle Buck wrote:

The fraud is so rampant, and disability cases have so proliferated
in recent years, that the Social Security's Disability Trust Fund
may run out of money in only 18 months, says Sen. Tom Coburn,
R-Okla., whose office undertook the investigation.

there is a huge pool of republican lawyers who file people for SSDI as a businesses.

Yes, the lawyers are republicans but the recipients are democrats. Sort of a bipartisan effort, I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 08:17 AM, Frank wrote:
X See what reaction that causes.

In most urban areas you could never do that.

OTOF: I have a friend in a rural area a few hundred miles north of here
and a lot of people tote rifles. Heck you can get guns and ammo at most
of the gas stations up there.

When my father was a young man, living in the city of Wilmington, DE,
when he wanted to go rabbit hunting, he'd get on the bus with his
shotgun, get off at the end of the line, and go hunting.

This was in the early 1930's.

Imagine doing that today.

Probably not a good idea to carry a rifle onto a bus.

Of course back in the 30's my father trapped pigeons under the bridge
(in the city) simply so the family would have something to eat.

Also: about two years ago some kid in Arizona carrying a gun only got
into minor trouble when it was found out his father gave it to him to
protect himself from rattle-snakes on his walk to school.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 08:02 AM, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:

No about 30% is all

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/doe...isability.html

you ****jng retard . that web site is a reference front for lawyers who file SSDI
to anyone with a pulse.

The 70% initial rejection number is (approx) correct...

That said, the approval numbers for people trying for a second time have
been increasing.

I know the lawyers want to get their hands in this but would advise
/not/ getting one the first time around.

Back 30 or 40 years ago it very well might have been easy to get
disability...but having recently gone through the process I assure you
that it was a very rigorous process. They needed /substantial/
documentation going back /many/ years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:02:18 -0500, 0ren 0ren@usenet wrote:

On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their
screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such
bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on
"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

Guilty as charged!

Hey, Asshole you are a fraud, a nym-shifter and a troll.

Use your real nym and not mine - ASSHOLE.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 10:00 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:02:18 -0500, 0ren 0ren@usenet wrote:

On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their
screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such
bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on
"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

Guilty as charged!

Hey, Asshole you are a fraud, a nym-shifter and a troll.

Use your real nym and not mine - ASSHOLE.

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not notice the deception at first!

The guy who posted as Big Steel is also a fraud
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Health of posters (Stalker)

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 08:05:22 -0600, philo* wrote:

[...]

philo,

This guy has started stalking me. Nym-shifting and a fraud.

The same twerp

From: Zaky Waky
Date: 04 Jan 2014 13:04:06 GMT

------

Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:02:18 -0500
From: 0ren 0ren@usenet
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Health of posters

Posted to alt.home.repair

From: Zaky Waky
Date: 04 Jan 2014 13:04:06 GMT

Thanks for the info

Not the same one as the Big Steel impersonator AFAIK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 11:18 AM, Oren wrote:

philo,

This guy has started stalking me. Nym-shifting and a fraud.

The same twerp

Is Oren a registered trademark?

Do you think you are the only Oren on usenet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2014 11:13 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/05/2014 10:00 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:02:18 -0500, 0ren 0ren@usenet wrote:

On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about
their
screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here
have such
bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to
get on
"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

Guilty as charged!

Hey, Asshole you are a fraud, a nym-shifter and a troll.

Use your real nym and not mine - ASSHOLE.

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not notice the deception at first!

The guy who posted as Big Steel is also a fraud

These guys thrive on responses negative or positive.
Best to completely ignore them.
I've got hundreds on message block but 's get through somehow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote in
:

Philo:

We need to talk, you and me.

I am currently on the waiting list to have my left knee replaced with a
stainless steel hinge.

And I have so many questions.

Will I be able to kneel and crawl with a synthetic knee?

Yes, you will be able to kneel and crawl at your local welfare office. The
hinges are designed to accomodate government begging.

Good luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 11:31 AM, Frank wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not notice the deception at first!

The guy who posted as Big Steel is also a fraud

These guys thrive on responses negative or positive.
Best to completely ignore them.
I've got hundreds on message block but 's get through somehow.

I use Thunderbird and it takes just a few seconds to put an offender in
the killfile, plus it now lets you just plain delete messages.

Posted to alt.home.repair

/plonk/

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo* wrote in :

No, I am not able to crawl or kneel. Since a good part of my job
function required that I do that,,, per my company's policy I had to
take their long term disability...and per Social Security I was declared
disabled.

Well, no wonder you have so much time to spend posting to AHR. Another
disability mooch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2014 1:25 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/05/2014 11:31 AM, Frank wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out, I did not notice the deception at first!

The guy who posted as Big Steel is also a fraud

These guys thrive on responses negative or positive.
Best to completely ignore them.
I've got hundreds on message block but 's get through somehow.

I use Thunderbird and it takes just a few seconds to put an offender in
the killfile, plus it now lets you just plain delete messages.

I use Thunderbird too and usually kill the thread and often put the
offender on message block but if they keep munging their name they can
be not be kept out completely.

I've brought this up in news.mozilla.org groups frequented by TB
programers and yet to get complete solutions. Same problem exists with
OE. There are Draconian solutions like blocking messages with commas in
the addressed groups which knocks out all cross posting but this is too
drastic for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 01:43 PM, Frank wrote:
On

I use Thunderbird too and usually kill the thread and often put the
offender on message block but if they keep munging their name they can
be not be kept out completely.

I've brought this up in news.mozilla.org groups frequented by TB
programers and yet to get complete solutions. Same problem exists with
OE. There are Draconian solutions like blocking messages with commas in
the addressed groups which knocks out all cross posting but this is too
drastic for me.

Well , in all of Usenet there are only a few I had to KF...
I consider it just a minor nuisance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 11:00 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 22:02:18 -0500, 0ren 0ren@usenet wrote:

On 01/04/2014 08:04 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their
screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such
bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on
"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

Guilty as charged!

Hey, Asshole you are a fraud, a nym-shifter and a troll.

Use your real nym and not mine - ASSHOLE.

What's the difference between a real nym and a faux nym?
Is there an official usenet nym registry so as to avoid naming collisions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 02:43 PM, Frank wrote:
On 1/5/2014 1:25 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

How about a white list so you'd only have to see post from a list of approved users?

something like:

if ( user == name && email == && nntp_server == servername.com )
{
allow_message();
} else {
plonk_em();
}

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2014 3:05 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/05/2014 01:43 PM, Frank wrote:
On

I use Thunderbird too and usually kill the thread and often put the
offender on message block but if they keep munging their name they can
be not be kept out completely.

I've brought this up in news.mozilla.org groups frequented by TB
programers and yet to get complete solutions. Same problem exists with
OE. There are Draconian solutions like blocking messages with commas in
the addressed groups which knocks out all cross posting but this is too
drastic for me.

Well , in all of Usenet there are only a few I had to KF...
I consider it just a minor nuisance.

I agree with you. Just presents itself as a challenge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote in
:

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about
their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here
have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your
scam to get on "disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

You can get disability too since your **** runs out of your fingers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote in news:XnsA2ACB11306C10RedGreen@
78.46.70.116:

Zaky Waky wrote in
:

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about
their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here
have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your
scam to get on "disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

You can get disability too since your **** runs out of your fingers.

You seem very sensitive about being on disability. I'll bet you're sucking
that tit too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote:
Red Green wrote in news:XnsA2ACB11306C10RedGreen@
78.46.70.116:

Zaky Waky wrote in
:

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about
their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here
have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your
scam to get on "disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

You can get disability too since your **** runs out of your fingers.

You seem very sensitive about being on disability. I'll bet you're sucking
that tit too.

Hi,
If a person abuses his/her body by excess eating/drinking/smoking or
drugging, etc. Why do rest of us have to support them with our paid tax?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote in
:

Red Green wrote in
news:XnsA2ACB11306C10RedGreen@ 78.46.70.116:

Zaky Waky wrote in
:

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about
their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters
here have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part
of your scam to get on "disability" so you don't have to work
anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

You can get disability too since your **** runs out of your fingers.

You seem very sensitive about being on disability. I'll bet you're
sucking that tit too.

Afraid not. Wouldn't hesitate to though. Paid into it over 40 yrs and still
paying into it. But you're getting closer to it. Your fingers are spewing
at turbo psi. Save the Earth. Put your fingers in your mouth and recycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2014 8:30 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:19:15 -0600, philo wrote
in

I realized that it would have been simple to go to Canada, just hop on a
bus and go. Nothing to it. Then I realized that in the USSR or China
...to just pack up and leave would be impossible.

At that point I
realized, "I'll be darned, this is a free country , so worth fighting
for."

Still feel that way about it being a free country? If so, think back
to when you were a kid and how things were then and look at how they
are now. Remember the "kid" things you did then and ask yourself what
would happen to a kid who does those things today.

Try going down the sidewalk with a rifle across
the handlebars of your bicycle, to shoot rats
at the dump. See what reaction that causes.

In most urban areas you could never do that.

Wrong. A former coworker did *exactly* that in NYC.

OTOF: I have a friend in a rural area a few hundred miles north of here
and a lot of people tote rifles. Heck you can get guns and ammo at most
of the gas stations up there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:03:40 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...ility-program/

The fraud is so rampant, and disability cases have so proliferated
in recent years, that the Social Security's Disability Trust Fund
may run out of money in only 18 months, says Sen. Tom Coburn,
R-Okla., whose office undertook the investigation.

"run out of" is a relative term. After all,
they have a continuing income from the tax
payer, and the ability to monetize the debt,
and issue more debt.

The taxpayer is not the "Social Security Disability Trust Fund".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:36:17 -0500, Bernie Madeoff
wrote:

On 01/05/2014 06:30 AM, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:38:35 PM UTC-6, Uncle Buck wrote:

The fraud is so rampant, and disability cases have so proliferated
in recent years, that the Social Security's Disability Trust Fund
may run out of money in only 18 months, says Sen. Tom Coburn,
R-Okla., whose office undertook the investigation.

there is a huge pool of republican lawyers who file people for SSDI as a businesses.

Yes, the lawyers are republicans but the recipients are democrats. Sort of a bipartisan effort, I guess.

Lawyers? Republican? LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 09:22:16 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 01/05/2014 08:02 AM, Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:

No about 30% is all

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/doe...isability.html

you ****jng retard . that web site is a reference front for lawyers who file SSDI
to anyone with a pulse.

The 70% initial rejection number is (approx) correct...

That said, the approval numbers for people trying for a second time have
been increasing.

I know the lawyers want to get their hands in this but would advise
/not/ getting one the first time around.

Back 30 or 40 years ago it very well might have been easy to get
disability...but having recently gone through the process I assure you
that it was a very rigorous process. They needed /substantial/
documentation going back /many/ years.

Don't even TRY to reason with the moron. If you must even acknowledge
the idiot, just pat it on its head and tell him what an idiot he is.
He's Malformed's twin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 23:29:50 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

You seem very sensitive about being on disability. I'll bet you're
sucking that tit too.

Afraid not. Wouldn't hesitate to though. Paid into it over 40 yrs and still
paying into it. But you're getting closer to it. Your fingers are spewing
at turbo psi. Save the Earth. Put your fingers in your mouth and recycle.

Hey Red Green Duct Tape,

Tally Wacker is posting from our northern border.

border5.newsrouter.astraweb

Next thing is it will suck until the swelling goes down. It just holds
it in the mouth for a short while.

--
'...we don't wanna bring our guns, but ready if it goes there -- Madison Rising

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:04:06 AM UTC-5, Zaky Waky wrote:
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their

screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such

bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on

"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

My 1st coworker was raped and murdered 40 years ago. I have 2 disability claims from a fraudulent insurance system that will not recognize criminal offenses against the CIA and George Bush for kidnapping and torturing me in 1982.
Violently overthrow the US government
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2014 07:39 PM, wrote:

In most urban areas you could never do that.

Wrong. A former coworker did *exactly* that in NYC.

Still in prison though?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky writes:

I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their
screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such
bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part of your scam to get on
"disability" so you don't have to work anymore?

Umm, no. 68 years old and no issues.
Also, no plans to retire.

No wonder the U.S. is so ****ed up.

Thanks for your concern, but I'm in really good shape.
Good health is boring. I wouldn't expect to see posts about
good health.

Bad health can be the luck of the draw
or due to neglect. Either way, you have to be pretty
mean to think it's deserving of ridicule.

--
Dan Espen

One of your regular posters Dragon Slayer UK diy 0 April 11th 08 09:01 PM
not seeing some posters Dave UK diy 4 August 29th 06 10:43 PM
Google Posters EricP UK diy 54 June 8th 06 08:35 PM
Posters with VCF attachments Gunner Metalworking 2 February 10th 05 10:19 AM
Thanks to past posters Jaubert Home Ownership 2 August 31st 04 03:19 PM