Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Health of posters

On 01/05/2014 01:21 AM, nestork wrote:
Philo:

We need to talk, you and me.

I am currently on the waiting list to have my left knee replaced with a
stainless steel hinge.

And I have so many questions.

Will I be able to kneel and crawl with a synthetic knee?

You may have the answers I need to decide if and when I should go ahead
with the surgery.

No, I am not able to crawl or kneel. Since a good part of my job
function required that I do that,,, per my company's policy I had to
take their long term disability...and per Social Security I was declared
disabled.

Mt knees healed well, but the range of motion was not sufficient for
kneeling. (I had a total of three additional arthroscopic procedures
after my knee replacements with some improvement...but not enough for
kneeling.)

Note: The results from person to person vary...but even if you were able
to bend your knees far enough to kneel, it could be difficult to do so
and might feel uncomfortable.

Additionally, full healing can easily take a year or longer.

Had I had a desk job however, I would have been able to go back to work
within six weeks.

If you have questions you can email me

gmail addy philo565