Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Health of posters

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 00:52:34 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote in

On 1/4/2014 8:30 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 18:19:15 -0600, philo wrote
in

I realized that it would have been simple to go to Canada, just hop on a
bus and go. Nothing to it. Then I realized that in the USSR or China
...to just pack up and leave would be impossible.

At that point I
realized, "I'll be darned, this is a free country , so worth fighting for."

Still feel that way about it being a free country? If so, think back
to when you were a kid and how things were then and look at how they
are now. Remember the "kid" things you did then and ask yourself what
would happen to a kid who does those things today.

Try going down the sidewalk with a rifle across
the handlebars of your bicycle, to shoot rats
at the dump. See what reaction that causes.

That is exactly my point. Freedom as I new it in the early 1960s is
long gone from the U.S. Whatever freedom anyone still sees here may
be worth sending their sons to fight for, but it isn't worth my son's
life. I'll buy him a ticket to Canada (or wherever) first.