Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default not seeing some posters

For the last 3? years, I have not seen any postings from Dave Liqorice.
Now I see most, if not all of his posts.

History.

A few years ago, maybe 5, I used to see his posts when I was using
outlook depressed, then they went away. OP system at the time was 98 se.

Went to xp pro (Fylde coast edition) and still did not see his posts. By
this time I had started to use netscape 7. While using this, I still
didn't see any of his posts.

But for the last few months, I see every one of them. Anyone got an idea
on this. Nothing has changed at this end, since not getting and then
getting his posts.

By the way, Dave has not been the only poster I have not seen.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:
For the last 3? years, I have not seen any postings from Dave
Liqorice. Now I see most, if not all of his posts.

History.

A few years ago, maybe 5, I used to see his posts when I was using
outlook depressed, then they went away. OP system at the time was 98
se.
Went to xp pro (Fylde coast edition) and still did not see his posts.
By this time I had started to use netscape 7. While using this, I
still didn't see any of his posts.

But for the last few months, I see every one of them. Anyone got an
idea on this. Nothing has changed at this end, since not getting and
then getting his posts.

By the way, Dave has not been the only poster I have not seen.

Dave

FWIW, there are no posts from him in this group...I have encountered him in
other groups and can only surmise that my news server (blueyonder) filters
his or his news servers' posts from their feed, maybe the times when I have
'seen' him, he has used a different server to send from?...it happens with
one or two posters from America as well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
Dave wrote:
For the last 3? years, I have not seen any postings from Dave
Liqorice. Now I see most, if not all of his posts.

FWIW, there are no posts from him in this group...

?????

Apart from these few, you mean?
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=group%3Auk.d-i-y+author%3Adave+liquorice&safe=off&qt_s=Search

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Dave wrote:
For the last 3? years, I have not seen any postings from Dave
Liqorice. Now I see most, if not all of his posts.

FWIW, there are no posts from him in this group...

?????

Apart from these few, you mean?
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=group%3Auk.d-i-y+author%3Adave+liquorice&safe=off&qt_s=Search

David

Aha...I did a search (in OE) on 'Liqorice' as posted above and came up with
none! - what I meant by 'there are none' was that I couldn't see them
neither, although now I can...but certain news servers do filter on
something or other as one of my other groups has follow ups to invisible
posts from a certain poster overseas, but the originals never arrive on BY
servers for some reason - everyone else on BT, NTL etc can see them and
reply, but the only way I get to see them is via the google froups.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil L wrote:
Lobster wrote:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/se...num=10&q=group
%3Auk.d-i-y+author%3Adave+liquorice&safe=off&qt_s=Search

David

Aha...I did a search (in OE) on 'Liqorice' as posted above and came
up with none! - what I meant by 'there are none' was that I couldn't
see them neither, although now I can...but certain news servers do
filter on something or other as one of my other groups has follow ups
to invisible posts from a certain poster overseas, but the originals
never arrive on BY servers for some reason - everyone else on BT, NTL
etc can see them and reply, but the only way I get to see them is via
the google froups.

Or perhaps you and the OP spelt *liquorice* wrong. :-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Google Posters EricP UK diy 54 June 8th 06 08:35 PM
How seriously are female posters taken on this DIY forum? Janet Bale UK diy 105 March 3rd 06 01:52 AM
to regulars and first time posters - Good alt.home.repair etiquette? No Home Repair 8 October 31st 05 02:25 PM
New Service available for Posters and Lurkers of RCM - IRC chat server Anthony Metalworking 0 December 5th 04 05:21 PM
Why are the HVAC group posters such Aholes? Tommy & Megan Price Home Repair 141 August 9th 04 07:57 AM