Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

"Doug" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:15:32 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:39:42 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:58:36 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:49:40 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:li1hd8pvsuu7o6jl9r7c066rve514icnlm@4ax. com...
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 23:37:10 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
news:at6fd81p7bjm34afm92siidneahpg2nrig@4a x.com...

I think teachers should just teach. I think armed guards
(professionals) will be better at protecting the students. I'm
not
saying that armed teachers can't protect students but I see
potential
problems with this idea.

Go ahead and list them

If you can't figure out what they are, I give up. I honestly
thought
it was intuitive.

What you are really saying is that you can NOT list them to support
your
argument
In an intelligent debate, the debaters LIST their arguments instead of
expecting others to "intuit" them

But considering your past performance and all the silly things you
assumed
to be true, yet were patently false, that comes as NO surprise
YOU definitely are one of those that Ronald Reagan meant in:
"It's not that our friends on the Left are ignorant..
It's just that so much of what they know is wrong.."

Wrong according to whom ? Please give me the authoritative source.

We did, Douggie. You didn't read them, instead pulled out CDC.GOV
when talking about the Constitution and CNN.COM, when talking about
current gun laws. You're too funny, Douggie.

And yet dougie is UNABLE to list the potential problems that would exist
with armed teachers
We should know them ALL "intuitively" and therefore dougie does not feel
the
need to list them to support his argument..
How two-faced and hypocritical can dougie be ??

I don't think we've even started to plumb those depths yet.

This newsgroup has with both of you. You guys have so much **** in
you, we haven't begun to size it up.

So ?
Still unable to provide that list of "potential problems" ?

The only one shoveling **** in this group is you...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:42:17 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:32:20 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:34:07 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:16:50 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

A .380 in the pocket is better than a .380 in the truck.

Love my little KelTec 3AT. Small enough to carry in any pocket, and
not
arouse any suspicion whatsoever. It does poke small holes vs. 45
cal,
and
all that nonsense, but just a couple of days ago, a PO was killed by
.380.
I'll take my chances when I take my wimpy little pistol. And when I
want
more confidence, I just put on my .357 on a Safariland paddle. The
muzzle
blast from that one is enough to stop every person in the room, and
that
is
360 degrees from direction of muzzle. Kinda like a stun grenade in
an
enclosed room. Don't know, I never had the balls to try it in a
closed
room. Might blow the glass out.

Steve

I've said before, my .357 "barks over here and bites over yonder."

The nice thing about a .357 is that you can feed it .38 which is a lot
easier on the ears and wallet. The downside of mine is that it's way
too big to conceal (6" barrel), though that's not why I bought it.
Come to think of it, I didn't. My wife bought it for me. ;-)

I have a 2" Colt Lawman MkIII
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=638433
I use .38Special +P defense ammo in it
It's my car gun with a couple of Bianchi strippers

I've only started carrying, and not always. I bought a Walther PPK
(.380) as a pocket pistol at the last gun show I attended. Before
that, all my guns were just too big to conceal (I don't wear a
jacket). They were bought for targets, anyway. The next will be a
1911 (probably a Springfield Arms), as soon as I can get rid of a
financial boat anchor (house).

Look into the Taurus 1911
It's loaded with all kind of features that are not available on other
1911s
for the same price.

I haven't looked specifically at their 1911, but all the Taurus
products I've looked at just seem "cheap", in one way or another.

It lots of good reviews when it came out.
And I know a couple of people with one, and they seem quite happy with them

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:48:55 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 18:34:40 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:06:37 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:01:28 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:25:27 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:21:32 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

news:cdc6e8pm7qvc37hnbs9461sd0ngshii8d6@4ax. com...

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

I'm still waiting for you to list the reasons for teachers not to be armed
You first alphonse

You already know the answer !!

Yes, we do; you're stupid.

LOL

You can laugh at your stupidity (the insane often do). The rest of us
think it's pretty sad.

I'm beginning to understand how you think "in your world".

No, Douggie, you're simply clueless. You wouldn't recognize a hint if
it jumped your ass and raped you. Anyone who refers to the CDC for
information on the Constitution isn't at all bright.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:52:41 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 18:37:03 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:09:15 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:02:57 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:42:17 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

news:jnpmd8lgbicpemagseujpvik9t5anb745p@4ax .com...

wrote:

A .380 in the pocket is better than a .380 in the truck.

Love my little KelTec 3AT. Small enough to carry in any pocket, and
not
arouse any suspicion whatsoever. It does poke small holes vs. 45 cal,
and
all that nonsense, but just a couple of days ago, a PO was killed by a
[...]

Hell don't be so cheap. Buy the gun and don't worry about your
mortgage payment. Then when they come looking for you, you can blow
them away.

Idiot, I can buy the gun I want with what's in my wallet (around
$1000). There is a reason that I can afford the mortgage on two
fairly large (idiots like you would probably call them McMansions)
houses, though. I'm conservative with my money as well as (try to)
with others.

WOW, I'm impressed .... LOL.

You probably are. That's how sad you are, kid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Actually it was one of your friends that first referenced it so I made
reference to it thereafter. I did find better sites after but I'm
not going to list them. Of course you know more than all those sites
put together in "your world" .

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

news:ltf6e8pplqv3acb7mf0hu6495rvlqr3qo2@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Stupid fool, I was using sarcasm.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message
[...]

Idiot. *YOU* are the one who used it as a reference for the
Constitutional issues involved. Now you're saying that you didn't
even read your reference. Amazing. Well, no, not really, given the
intelligence and honesty you've demonstrated here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The fact that you think you are is even more sad. You really are a
moron. It's a wonder you can breathe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, will you give it a rest already, Keith? Sheesh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 17:20:21 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in :

Oh, will you give it a rest already, Keith? Sheesh.

Stop chasing gun grabbers? I don't think so!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2013 10:22 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 12/24/2012 12:05 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 12/23/2012 7:38 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:09:14 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:34:44 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Pennsylvania might need to consider banning "high capacity assault
shovels".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252172/Woman-charged-threatening-kill-elementary-school-children-bus-stop-shovel.html

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands, should we have fist
control laws? O_o

TDD

Can't you register your hands as deadly weapons? And buy insurance on
them?

Most lawyers would advise that a legal holder of a gun would be in
less trouble for shooting someone than a guy who beat someone to
death.

When I catch someone in my place and that miscreant throws a brick at
my face, no jury would convict me of murder for beating the gremlin to
death. ^_^

That sounds like a lot of work.
A couple of bullets to the head is far quicker and more humane.

I haven't owned a gun in years, I wish I hadn't sold my Browning
Hi-Power. I'm in the market for a good 380 pistol now, double tap
to the mouth will stop anything. ^_^

The CZ82-83 are very solid
I have a collection of Makarovs, that can be converted down to .380
But I prefer to stick with the 9mm Makarov round, which is more potent
and can actually be loaded up quite a bit. You just need a heavier
recoil spring is all.

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I was reading this today. A Glock 19 might fit your needs. I already
looked into a Sig Sauer. Both are 9mm.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/01/03/Two-Handguns-Perfect-For-Plinking-And-Self-Defense

So many choices, sigh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

I know what you mean.
I got a really good deal on a Nickel S&W 29.
One of those that if you don't jump on it, you will have recurrent nightmare
of kicking yourself for at least the next year.
Standard grip is a pain to hold, and the gun wants to rotate in your fist
every time it's fired.
I'm torn between keeping it unfired or spending a bit of money to find a
better grip for it, and then risking that my hands are too old to handle it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I found just the opposite. IMO, short barrel guns kick more, though I
admit that I haven't done a double-blind test. My 6", S&W 686 isn't
bad at all, except the blast from around the cylinder is a bit
off-putting at first. It doesn't kick much at all, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I did find a pistol that fit my hand but it was a Desert Eagle .50cal. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 02:55:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

TDD

I was reading this today. A Glock 19 might fit your needs. I already
looked into a Sig Sauer. Both are 9mm.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/01/03/Two-Handguns-Perfect-For-Plinking-And-Self-Defense

So many choices, sigh.

I did find a pistol that fit my hand but it was a Desert Eagle .50cal. ^_^

TDD

Well then, you only need to fire it ONCE. :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

TDD

I was reading this today. A Glock 19 might fit your needs. I already
looked into a Sig Sauer. Both are 9mm.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/01/03/Two-Handguns-Perfect-For-Plinking-And-Self-Defense

So many choices, sigh.

I did find a pistol that fit my hand but it was a Desert Eagle .50cal. ^_^

TDD

Well then, you only need to fire it ONCE. :-\

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEToY0x3

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:22:35 -0600, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Where was he supposed to run? To a parole officer?

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

She did it for the children. And I support her right to do it, as many
times as necessary.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEToY0x3

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:22:35 -0600, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

I saw that on the local news. Too bad she didn't have something
bigger than a .38. Five hits to the head and he's still breathing. A
..357 would have saved some tax dollars and probably not messed up any
more carpeting.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEToY0x3

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to
stay down or she’d shoot again.

That's not a very Democratic thing to say. SHE is what we need for gun
control. ...done good!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:39:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:22:35 -0600, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Where was he supposed to run? To a parole officer?

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

She did it for the children. And I support her right to do it, as many
times as necessary.

Obviously five wasn't enough (though five for six isn't bad shootin').
It's also a good argument for "high capacity" magazines.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEToY0x3

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I used to shoot an old .38 short pistol. All the shells cracked open. Was
it a larger bore ? Don't have it anymore. Me and dad ended up turning it
in, along with a .32 police special, both worn out.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2013 3:22 PM, CRNG wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/06...#ixzz2HEToY0x3

My big old friendly dog tried to say hello to a mama cat and her
kittens....... once. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2013 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:22:35 -0600, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Where was he supposed to run? To a parole officer?

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

She did it for the children. And I support her right to do it, as many
times as necessary.

OH MY GOD! SHE HAD A GUN AROUND THOSE CHILDREN! WHAT A TERRIBLE MOTHER!

My imitation of the reaction from a drooling P.L.L.C.F. female. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It was as long or longer than Dirty Harry's .44 AutoMag. I seem to
remember it being a S&W Model 657 .41 Magnum 8+3/8" barrel. It was
a long pistol. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 19:32:03 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/6/2013 4:39 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 15:22:35 -0600, CRNG wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 14:57:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote in
Re An opinion on gun control:

Hell, all you have to do with that piece of artillery is to let the
dobad see it and they run. ^_^

Here's a guy who should have run sooner.

Where was he supposed to run? To a parole officer?

Georgia mom home alone with kids shoots ex-con intruder

She did it for the children. And I support her right to do it, as many
times as necessary.

OH MY GOD! SHE HAD A GUN AROUND THOSE CHILDREN! WHAT A TERRIBLE MOTHER!

I bet the poor darlings' ears were ringing.

My imitation of the reaction from a drooling P.L.L.C.F. female. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:53:58 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Are you really this ****ing stupid ?

Empty cart rattles most!!!

I like that saying so much I had to look it up:

Bin surega yoranhada (? ??? ????). - An empty cart rattles loudly.

In Texish that would be "All hat and no cattle."

In my 55 years driving, I never had road accident. i handled so many
different weapons light and heavy in the service. Trained as sniper,
sharp shooter in boot camp. Never missed assigned target, never had fire
arm accident.

Somehow the pro-gunners can't quite believe anyone could be experienced and
proficient with firearms and choose not to have one in the home. At least I
think that's what the rude phrase I quoted above means. (-: But it's not
stupid to not want a gun in the home. Neutral statistics compiled by
pediatricians pretty much prove a gun in the home is more likely to injure
the occupants than the intruder.

Good Lord. You're getting dumber every day. I don't give a crap if
someone breaks into your house and kills your wife and kid. Self
defense is your choice. Don't take mine away from me.

"For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally
justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven
criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides."
(Kellerman, Rivara, Somes, Lee and Banton, 1998)

A bald faced lie.

idiotic drivel deleted
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Somehow the pro-gunners can't quite believe anyone could be experienced and
proficient with firearms and choose not to have one in the home.

Nonsense. No person here has advocated such.

Don't want a gun, fine, don't have one.

As for me, I still have a right to be left alone. Don't ****ing try
to take my guns from me.

DOJ Report:

"...The study shows a heavy drop—a full 95%—in gun-related violence
toward youth from 1994 to 2010.

Moreover, the study shows that "serious crimes against youth
perpetrated at schools dropped 62%" over this same period of time."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/12/Report-Youth-Six-Times-More-Likely-Attacked-With-Knife-Than-Gun

damn gun grabbers