Steve

Default TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X

Where to get the rubber pad(UR50CT1071) for TV Remote Control for
Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X?

The volume control button(the "-" button for lowering volume) on my TV
remote control is not working.
(TV remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X)
I opened up the remote control and find that the problem was the
rubber pad contact was not making contact with the PCB or the black
contact on the rubber pad is not conductive and there was a cut in the
rubber pad just below the surrounding of the volume button due to
prolonged usage.

Called up the panasonic spare parts enquiries and I was told I could
only replaced the entire remote control and not the internal rubber
pad parts!!! Only the thin piece of rubber pad needs replacing.

I have since solved the problem by cutting out a piece of the rubber
pad(there was four spare buttons on the rubber pad at the bottom of
the rubber pad that was unused) and placing it beneath the volume
button and put back the casing.

The volume button is now working fine but after prolonged usage the
cut in the rubber pad will get bigger until the volume button drops
off from the remote control.
I would still like to find the replacement for rubber pad(UR50CT1071
part number on the rubber pad itself) for TV Remote Control for
Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X?
Sofie

Steve:
You will have to purchase a replacement factory remote, the pads are not
available ..... just as the "factory" advised you.
As an alternative you can try some local repair shops, most of them have a
"box" of used remotes that are for sale.... maybe you will get lucky they
will have what you need.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped:
"Steve" wrote in message
Where to get the rubber pad(UR50CT1071) for TV Remote Control for
Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X?
Called up the panasonic spare parts enquiries and I was told I could
only replaced the entire remote control and not the internal rubber
pad parts!!! Only the thin piece of rubber pad needs replacing.
I would still like to find the replacement for rubber pad(UR50CT1071
part number on the rubber pad itself) for TV Remote Control for
Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X?

^
^
^

Roy J. Tellason

Sofie wrote:

Steve:
You will have to purchase a replacement factory remote, the pads are not
available ..... just as the "factory" advised you.
As an alternative you can try some local repair shops, most of them have a
"box" of used remotes that are for sale.... maybe you will get lucky they
will have what you need.

I've never used it myself, but saw mention recently of a repair kit of some
sort for these. Check http://www.matelectronics.com and maybe what they
have will work...?

Steve

I could have just used a eraser to clean the black contact point of
the rubber pad instead of cutting out another spare black contact from
the same rubber pad and placing it beneath the volume button but
anyway the volume control on my remote is working fine only that the
volume buttons protrude out slightly due to the two layer of rubber
pad.
I have a remote control(Pioneer audio video programmable remote
control unit) for the Pioneer VSX-D752S Audio/Video Stereo Receiver.
It is not working that is I can't switch it on and the on light does
not light up and the batteries are new ones check the voltage is OK.
Does anyone know how to open or pry the casing apart? There's only one
screw which I have already removed but I can't get the casing off.
How to open the remote control casing?Do I have to use a knife or
screw driver to force it open? What's the catch?

"Roy J. Tellason" rtellason@DONTSPAM MEpa.net wrote in message ...
Sofie wrote:

Steve:
You will have to purchase a replacement factory remote, the pads are not
available ..... just as the "factory" advised you.
As an alternative you can try some local repair shops, most of them have a
"box" of used remotes that are for sale.... maybe you will get lucky they
will have what you need.

I've never used it myself, but saw mention recently of a repair kit of some
sort for these. Check http://www.matelectronics.com and maybe what they
have will work...?

Steve

I have pry open the casing. It seems to be just that no power was
coming in cause the metal contact was not placed properly and no
contact was made between the batteries and metal wire frame.Should not
have wasted time opening up the casing anyway the remote control is
working fine now.