happy150

Default broken Toshiba remote control?

I have a television model number CZ27T31. Yesterday I tried to turn on the
television using the remote control but it would not turn on. By pressing
the button on the television it turned on and off. With the same remote
control I am able to turn on and off the Toshiba VCR. I tried to use
another Toshiba remote control used for another VCR and it did not work. I
pulled out the batteries from the remote and disconnected the television
from the electrical outlet. Later on that day I was able to use the remote
to turn on the television but today I am not able to. I would appreciate
information to fixed the problem?

Thank you,
Tony

Bill Bolle

happy150 wrote:
I have a Toshiba television model number CZ27T31. Yesterday I tried to turn
on the television using the remote control but it would not turn on. By
pressing the button on the television it turned on and off. With the same
remote control I am able to turn on and off the Toshiba VCR. I tried to use
another Toshiba remote control used for another VCR and it did not work. I
pulled out the batteries from the remote and disconnected the television
from the electrical outlet. Later on that day I was able to use the remote
to turn on the television but today I am not able to. I would appreciate
information to fixed the problem?

Thank you,
Tony

Somethings you might think about--------Look at the infrared diode on
the remote, is it dirty? Look at the infrared detector on the TV, is
it dirty? Will the remote work at night, maybe there is a source of
infrared that is overpowering the detector on the TV, maybe sunlight
falling on the TV. The other Toshiba remote may not have been
programmed for your TV. Batteries? These are simple things that I
would try first before digging into circuitry.

Bill

Textool

As the other post mentioned, change the batteries because it's possible the TV
and VCR do not have equal sensitivity to the remote.

If this doesn't help then..... TV sets can get very dusty inside due to the
high voltage attracting the dust and the heat that causes air to constantly
flow through the cabinet. It's possible that the Infra-Red detector is blocked
by dust and dirt build up inside of the cabinet and it can't a strong enough
signal from the remote. VCR's are much less prone to this kind of problem. Have
a professional clean the thing out and/or diagnose the problem.

David H

have a television model number CZ27T31. Yesterday I tried to turn on the
television using the remote control but it would not turn on. By pressing
the button on the television it turned on and off. With the same remote
control I am able to turn on and off the Toshiba VCR. I tried to use
another Toshiba remote control used for another VCR and it did not work. I
pulled out the batteries from the remote and disconnected the television
from the electrical outlet. Later on that day I was able to use the remote
to turn on the television but today I am not able to. I would appreciate
information to fixed the problem?

Thank you,
Tony

Maplin Remote Control Via Mobile Phone John Stumbles UK diy 6 January 13th 04 05:30 PM
remote control gaz UK diy 3 December 24th 03 08:54 PM
Remote control problem db1rd Electronics 2 October 10th 03 12:14 AM