Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:55:24 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 23:09:47 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:52:41 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 18:37:03 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:09:15 -0600, Doug
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:02:57 -0500,
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 10:42:17 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:ltf6e8pplqv3acb7mf0hu6495rvlqr3qo2@4ax .com...
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 10:32:20 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
news:jnpmd8lgbicpemagseujpvik9t5anb745p@4 ax.com...
On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:34:07 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:16:50 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

A .380 in the pocket is better than a .380 in the truck.

Love my little KelTec 3AT. Small enough to carry in any pocket, and
not
arouse any suspicion whatsoever. It does poke small holes vs. 45 cal,
and
all that nonsense, but just a couple of days ago, a PO was killed by a
.380.
I'll take my chances when I take my wimpy little pistol. And when I
want
more confidence, I just put on my .357 on a Safariland paddle. The
muzzle
blast from that one is enough to stop every person in the room, and
that
is
360 degrees from direction of muzzle. Kinda like a stun grenade in an
enclosed room. Don't know, I never had the balls to try it in a closed
room. Might blow the glass out.

Steve

I've said before, my .357 "barks over here and bites over yonder."

The nice thing about a .357 is that you can feed it .38 which is a lot
easier on the ears and wallet. The downside of mine is that it's way
too big to conceal (6" barrel), though that's not why I bought it.
Come to think of it, I didn't. My wife bought it for me. ;-)

I have a 2" Colt Lawman MkIII
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=638433
I use .38Special +P defense ammo in it
It's my car gun with a couple of Bianchi strippers

I've only started carrying, and not always. I bought a Walther PPK
(.380) as a pocket pistol at the last gun show I attended. Before
that, all my guns were just too big to conceal (I don't wear a
jacket). They were bought for targets, anyway. The next will be a
1911 (probably a Springfield Arms), as soon as I can get rid of a
financial boat anchor (house).

Look into the Taurus 1911
It's loaded with all kind of features that are not available on other 1911s
for the same price.

I haven't looked specifically at their 1911, but all the Taurus
products I've looked at just seem "cheap", in one way or another.

Hell don't be so cheap. Buy the gun and don't worry about your
mortgage payment. Then when they come looking for you, you can blow
them away.

Idiot, I can buy the gun I want with what's in my wallet (around
$1000). There is a reason that I can afford the mortgage on two
fairly large (idiots like you would probably call them McMansions)
houses, though. I'm conservative with my money as well as (try to)
with others.

WOW, I'm impressed .... LOL.

You probably are. That's how sad you are, kid.

Stupid fool, I was using sarcasm.

The fact that you think you are is even more sad. You really are a
moron. It's a wonder you can breathe.