Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 11:59:25 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 00:46:18 -0500, wrote:

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

I found just the opposite. IMO, short barrel guns kick more, though I
admit that I haven't done a double-blind test. My 6", S&W 686 isn't
bad at all, except the blast from around the cylinder is a bit
off-putting at first. It doesn't kick much at all, though.

I put Pachmayr grips on my S&W 686 .357 Magnum (4" barrel).

My 686 came with them.

The original grips were like holding a limp noodle. Much better since
day one, by changing grips.

Maybe that's the reason I don't have any real problems with mine.