Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On 1/5/2013 2:53 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 14:10:20 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/1/2013 10:22 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 12/24/2012 12:05 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 12/23/2012 7:38 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:09:14 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:34:44 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Pennsylvania might need to consider banning "high capacity assault
shovels".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252172/Woman-charged-threatening-kill-elementary-school-children-bus-stop-shovel.html

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands, should we have fist
control laws? O_o

TDD

Can't you register your hands as deadly weapons? And buy insurance on
them?

Most lawyers would advise that a legal holder of a gun would be in
less trouble for shooting someone than a guy who beat someone to
death.

When I catch someone in my place and that miscreant throws a brick at
my face, no jury would convict me of murder for beating the gremlin to
death. ^_^

That sounds like a lot of work.
A couple of bullets to the head is far quicker and more humane.

I haven't owned a gun in years, I wish I hadn't sold my Browning
Hi-Power. I'm in the market for a good 380 pistol now, double tap
to the mouth will stop anything. ^_^

The CZ82-83 are very solid
I have a collection of Makarovs, that can be converted down to .380
But I prefer to stick with the 9mm Makarov round, which is more potent
and can actually be loaded up quite a bit. You just need a heavier
recoil spring is all.

I think the most powerful pistol I ever fired was a long barrel .41
magnum. With my hands becoming more arthritic I don't know if I could
hold onto a big kicker which is why I thought a .380 pistol would be
easier on my hands. O_o

TDD

I was reading this today. A Glock 19 might fit your needs. I already
looked into a Sig Sauer. Both are 9mm.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/01/03/Two-Handguns-Perfect-For-Plinking-And-Self-Defense

So many choices, sigh.

I did find a pistol that fit my hand but it was a Desert Eagle .50cal. ^_^

TDD