Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An opinion on gun control

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:53:58 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Are you really this ****ing stupid ?

Empty cart rattles most!!!

I like that saying so much I had to look it up:

Bin surega yoranhada (? ??? ????). - An empty cart rattles loudly.

In Texish that would be "All hat and no cattle."

In my 55 years driving, I never had road accident. i handled so many
different weapons light and heavy in the service. Trained as sniper,
sharp shooter in boot camp. Never missed assigned target, never had fire
arm accident.

Somehow the pro-gunners can't quite believe anyone could be experienced and
proficient with firearms and choose not to have one in the home. At least I
think that's what the rude phrase I quoted above means. (-: But it's not
stupid to not want a gun in the home. Neutral statistics compiled by
pediatricians pretty much prove a gun in the home is more likely to injure
the occupants than the intruder.

Good Lord. You're getting dumber every day. I don't give a crap if
someone breaks into your house and kills your wife and kid. Self
defense is your choice. Don't take mine away from me.

"For every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally
justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven
criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides."
(Kellerman, Rivara, Somes, Lee and Banton, 1998)

A bald faced lie.

idiotic drivel deleted