Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash.

I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2012 9:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

Why? carry enough for a typical day. I kind of like cutting banks out of
transactions too.

We have a number of recent cash only stations around here that offer
even better discounts (typically $0.11-14/gal) than you describe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

I can still use my credit even at that reduction. I get 1 % back,so at $
3.50 a gallon (more now) I am still ahead of the 3 cents per gallon.
Sometimes it is 5% back for several months.
I never carry a credit card ballance at the interest they charge now.

BTW the debit cards are the worst thing to carry. Even worse than cash. If
you loose the debit card, someone can wipe out your account. With cash, all
you loose is the cash you have with you. Credit cards are protected to some
extent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 17, 2012 10:34:58 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ... I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that. Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20 - $25 pocket cash. I can still use my credit even at that reduction. I get 1 % back,so at $ 3.50 a gallon (more now) I am still ahead of the 3 cents per gallon. Sometimes it is 5% back for several months. I never carry a credit card ballance at the interest they charge now. BTW the debit cards are the worst thing to carry. Even worse than cash. If you loose the debit card, someone can wipe out your account. With cash, all you loose is the cash you have with you. Credit cards are protected to some extent.

Same with me. I also get 1% back on my credit card. Lot of folks can't do math or worse drive an extra ten miles to save a few cents per gallon consuming far more in fuel costs to do it.

Then if you even pay cash, you have to get in line with people buying food items at most gas stations and if you fill up, you have to go back in line for change. Even though retired, I value my time more than waiting in line..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 2:43*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit card
in.
Also the big stores are going self checkout with machines that accept
coins/ banknotes or credit/debit cards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 17, 2012 12:01:56 PM UTC-4, harry wrote:
On Sep 17, 2:43*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly

relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low

cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more

stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I

have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20

- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit card

in.

Also the big stores are going self checkout with machines that accept

coins/ banknotes or credit/debit cards.

What does a credit card slot in a gas pump have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

What does anything in your reply have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2012 12:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What does a credit card slot in a gas pump have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

What does anything in your reply have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2012 10:54 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Not retired but I don't like waiting either. I do like the cash only
places that have appeared that charge less and pump it for me though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you don't mind punching in your PIN at the pump, you can use your DEBIT card and get the cash discount. Around here it's 10 cents a gallon, cash or debit.

Use your debit card as credit, and they hit you up for the credit price.

I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Maybe he is letting the "dumb Americans" know something that he imagines
doesn't exist here?

But it was as enlightening as any harry/homeguy/heybub post...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 12:38*pm, wrote:
If you don't mind punching in your PIN at the pump, you can use your DEBIT card and get the cash discount. Around here it's 10 cents a gallon, cash or debit.

Not at the stations I use. My debit card can be entered as Credit or
Debit. Many of the pumps I use read it as credit and simply authorize
the purchase as soon as it's inserted. Some of them don't even ask for
a zip code or anything.

If I want the pump's price to change to the cash price, I have to see
the cashier. Luckily, the station I use most (the starting price is
cheaper than most even before the discount) only sells gas, so I don't
have to wait for people buying food, etc.

Use your debit card as credit, and they hit you up for the credit price.

I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:43:58 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

I use a card that gives my 5% back. $3.50 gas is about 17 cents
off a gallon. Problem solved.

I've never found a value in using a debit card when most credit cards
give 'cash rewards' these days.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

Most stations I have been to in the last good number of years will take the
cards.

Over 40 years ago when gas was less than a buck a gallon, there was a gas
station somewhere in South Carolina that took dollar bills. The station was
closed at night but the pump would work with the dollars. My dad always
made sure he had a bunch of dollar bills when we went to the beach so he
could get gas if needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.

I did not think it was illegal, but was a deal with the credit card
companies. In other words, you could charge more or give a cash discount if
you wanted to, but if the credit card companies found out about it,they
would not let you take their credit cards any more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2012 9:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

I personally think it's dumb not to have ready accessible cash, in case
bank machines or computers go down. Purchases can still be made with cash.

I always keep cash hidden in my car and my house for such emergencies
although outside of usenet I would never tell anybody this (less it get
stolen)

I keep small bills in my house in case of power loss so people can't rip
me off if I need to buy a case of water for my family.

I always use a credit card, even to buy a coffee, but having cash backup
is smart thinking and so few people do it. Using a credit card to
collect rewards is only smart if you don't pay interest of course.

A gas station offering discounts for cash sounds like really dumb idea
these days but maybe I'm wrong. Gas stations are frequently robbed. It
can be dangerous to those employees. Also it's dumb for the station
owners because employees can steal cash easier and there is more
internal loss. Cash has to be counted manually and handled manually.
With electronic payments the math is done automatically.

Typical gas tank fillup is about $50 to $70 around here with many
hitting $90 to $100 for the 7 passenger SUVs and large pick-up trucks
and van.

I think it's safer and easier on the whole for a gas station to just pay
the merchant fees for electronic forms of payment, unless they wanna
cheat on their taxes....

Just all my .02 cents worth....

Posted to alt.home.repair

BTW the debit cards are the worst thing to carry. *Even worse than cash.. *If
you loose the debit card, someone can wipe out your account. *With cash, all
you loose is the cash you have with you. *Credit cards are protected to some
extent.

Debit card loss limit 50 bucks, by federal law.

My wife lost her card must of dropped it at the pump

someone ran up 300 bucks in theft charges, wife got all 300 back it
got charged back to the gas station. where the bank electronically
debited it out of the gas stations account.....

the station was supposed to review the security tapes and go after the
thief, but as it turned out the security camera was broke...

i thought somone may have turned in the card to the stations cashier
who used it themselves if they knew the cameras werent working

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:12:55 -0400, George wrote:

On 9/17/2012 9:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

Why? carry enough for a typical day. I kind of like cutting banks out of
transactions too.

I probably have about $900 in my wallet now (Hmm, a little over $1000 - it's
still early in the week. Our "bank" is 1000mi away so I use ATMs and only
hit them once a week. I use a credit card for gas because I get a discount
for credit.

We have a number of recent cash only stations around here that offer
even better discounts (typically $0.11-14/gal) than you describe.

There are a few like that here, too, but even their cash rate is about $.10
above others in the area. For obvious reasons, I rarely stop there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:34:55 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

[...]

Visa and MC branded debit cars carry the same protection as their credit cards
but since it takes time to straighten things out, I'd rather they took the
bank's money than mine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:49:07 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

Most stations I have been to in the last good number of years will take the
cards.

Over 40 years ago when gas was less than a buck a gallon, there was a gas
station somewhere in South Carolina that took dollar bills. The station was
closed at night but the pump would work with the dollars. My dad always
made sure he had a bunch of dollar bills when we went to the beach so he
could get gas if needed.

There is a gas station here that runs 24hrs. but is only attended until
10:00PM. The pumps still take plastic after "closing".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 12:29*pm, Frank wrote:
On 9/17/2012 12:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What does a credit card slot in a gas pump have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

What does anything in your reply have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

Does harry really think that we don't have card slots on our gas pumps
here in the US?

Telling us that they can pay at the pump with cards has nothing to do
with paying with cash in order to get a discount.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

We have a chain near me that does gas, convenience store, car wash,
oil change, detailing, hand waxing, etc. All sorts of packages like 5
cents off per gallon with a car wash, $19.99 oil change after the car
wash, etc.

Their pumps took cash for a few short months (I never tried it) but
now they all have a sign on the cash slot claiming that they are out
of order. Every pump at every location. Obviously something didn't
work out.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

wrote:

[...]

Yep. Someone got my gf's card info a few months ago and purchased
about $1,200 worth of stuff over the internet. She got back every
penny within a couple of days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

Most stations I have been to in the last good number of years will take the
cards.

Over 40 years ago when gas was less than a buck a gallon, there was a gas
station somewhere in South Carolina that took dollar bills. *The station was
closed at night but the pump would work with the dollars. *My dad always
made sure he had a bunch of dollar bills when we went to the beach so he
could get gas if needed.

There is a gas station here that runs 24hrs. but is only attended until
10:00PM. The pumps still take plastic after "closing".- Hide quoted text -

During the gas shortage of the 70's when you could only buy $5 worth
on odd and even days, I ran out of gas while waiting on line to buy
gas. I pushed the car through the line until I was 3 cars from the
pump when the attendant put the "Out Of Gas" sign out and started
waving cars away, including everyone who was on line.

I asked him what I was supposed to do and he said to wait until
everyone had left and he had turned the station's lights off. Then he
helped me push my car to the pump and when I tried to hand him $5, he
asked me if I wanted it filled up. Obviously I said yes.

As I was paying him I asked "So, what's with the Out Of Gas sign?"

"I've got plenty of gas, but it's Friday night and I want to go out.
Did you see that line? If I don't put that sign out I'll never be able
to close."
Posted to alt.home.repair

I would rater lose a card and deal with it being replaced for at most
10 bucks, than having lost a grand cash with no way to get it back.

or worse pull out a wad of cash for a cheap purchase and have a thief
see the cash and mark me for a lead pipe to get my bucks

Plastic cards are bad because they dont really feel like your spending
money, but far safer and more convenient.

like swipe card at pump for gas and just drive away when your done, no
prepay no standing in lines twice......

my time has value, i am on the road a lot this 4 buck a gallon gas is
a killer
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 1:49*pm, "
wrote:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:38:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.

It was never "illegal". *There was wording in the contract stating that the
merchant couldn't surcharge for plastic but they could give a discount for
paper. *AIUI, the whole issue was tossed in the Visa/MC price-fixing suit
recently.

In 10 states it is prohibited by law for retailers to charge consumers
a fee for using a credit card (California, Colorado, Connecticut,
Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas).
http://usa.visa.com/personal/using_v....html#10states
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 9/17/2012 6:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

I get 4% back on gas using my Costco Amex (no matter where I buy the gas
other than at places like Safeway or 7-11). At $4/gallon that's a
16¢/gallon rebate. I've never seen the cash price be 16¢ cheaper than
the credit price. At most Arco stations it's cash only so if Arco is all
that's around then cash is necessary.

Gasoline is a tough product for retailers because the retail price is a
fixed number of cents over wholesale, not a percentage. So a gallon of
gasoline that costs the station $1.90 and sells for $2.00 would have
credit card cost of about 4¢, while a gallon that costs the station
$3.90 and sells for $4 would have a credit card cost of about 8¢. So the
higher the price, the more of that 10¢/gallon mark-up is eaten up by the
credit card costs. That's why you're seeing the re-emergence of
different prices for cash or credit.

At Costco, the gasoline is as cheap as the cash price at the least
expensive regular station, and they only take credit or debit.

A station could increase the price of gasoline to get a higher margin
but a) it would result in lower volumes, and b) some oil companies keep
tight control of the prices their franchisees charge (if the franchisee
marks up the gasoline too much then the oil company will increase the
wholesale price to punish them, so the result is that the franchisee is
forced to stick to the margins dictated by the oil company).

Costco already cut the gasoline rebate amount for the business Amex from
5% to 4%, and I would not be surprised to see another cut.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 9/17/2012 12:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

During the gas shortage of the 70's when you could only buy $5 worth
on odd and even days, I ran out of gas while waiting on line to buy
gas. I pushed the car through the line until I was 3 cars from the
pump when the attendant put the "Out Of Gas" sign out and started
waving cars away, including everyone who was on line.

The station near us had a pump put in inside the garage. Regular
customers, that had repairs done at the station, could still get
gasoline even when they said they were out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

BTW the debit cards are the worst thing to carry. Even worse
than cash. If you loose the debit card, someone can wipe out
your account.

Well then americans are safe - because most of them don't have two dimes
to rub together...
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

It's just PITA, that's all.

We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit
card in.

Yes harry, we've had "pay at the pump" for years here in US/Canada.
Maybe 10+ years.

That's not the point.

The point is the credit-card processing charges that merchants are
increasingly try to NOT pay - by enticing customers to pay with cash -
or (I guess) debit now.

Also the big stores are going self checkout with machines that
accept coins/ banknotes or credit/debit cards.

Yes, we have self-checkout here too - but I don't think that (many?) of
them take cash. Just cards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.

I did not think it was illegal,

Correct - there is no "law" governing this.

but was a deal with the credit card companies.

Merchant agreement.

In other words, you could charge more or give a cash discount if
you wanted to, but if the credit card companies found out about
it,they would not let you take their credit cards any more.

Technically - not correct.

You *can't* add any additional charges (to the sticker price) if the
buyer pays with a credit card - but you CAN give a discount if they
buyer pays with cash.

Credit-card companies don't want retailers to penalize credit-card
users, so they write that into the merchant agreement.

But CC companies can't do anything about retailers giving a
discount-at-the-register for people who pay in cash.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 4:20*pm, Rodney King wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:
I thought charging extra for credit was ILLEGAL.

I did not think it was illegal,

Correct - there is no "law" governing this.

but was a deal with the credit card companies.

Merchant agreement.

In other words, you could charge more or give a cash discount if
you wanted to, but if the credit card companies found out about
it,they would not let you take their credit cards any more.

Technically - not correct.

You *can't* add any additional charges (to the sticker price) if the
buyer pays with a credit card - but you CAN give a discount if they
buyer pays with cash.

Credit-card companies don't want retailers to penalize credit-card
users, so they write that into the merchant agreement.

But CC companies can't do anything about retailers giving a
discount-at-the-register for people who pay in cash.

the cost to take cash is likely more than the cc fee

securing handling counting taking to bank likely by armored car all
cost money
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 17, 2012 4:15:55 PM UTC-4, Rodney King wrote:
harry wrote:

It's just PITA, that's all.

We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit

card in.

Yes harry, we've had "pay at the pump" for years here in US/Canada.

Maybe 10+ years.

That's not the point.

The point is the credit-card processing charges that merchants are

increasingly try to NOT pay - by enticing customers to pay with cash -

or (I guess) debit now.

Also the big stores are going self checkout with machines that

accept coins/ banknotes or credit/debit cards.

Yes, we have self-checkout here too - but I don't think that (many?) of

them take cash. Just cards.

I can state with full certainty that both BJ's and Home Depot take cash at their self checkout lanes.

I think Lowes does too but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:
[...]

Thats just the FUD that has been used by the credit card companies for
many years. A family member has a very responsible job at a large
organization (over $14 billion last year) that has good analytic systems
in place and they know it costs considerably less for them to handle
cash than credit cards.

securing handling counting taking to bank likely by armored car all
cost money

But the cut the CC companies gets is a lot more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 9:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

I never cease to be amazed at what people will do to save 60 cents on
a tank of gas when they'll often pay $8g for water, $16+ for coffee
(guilty).

They sit and wait and block traffic to save 40 cents at a local Swifty
when the Marathon station a half mile away is usually 3-5 cents less
than that, and you can pull right up to an empty pump and pay no more
for credit.

I got $!/ea. off 17g last night via the Kroger fuel program, paid
nothing for credit, pulled right up to a pump, got out onto clean
cement, cleaned the winders, lights and mirrors with the provided
solution and squeegee (in good condition) and ample supply of paper
towels, then took the legible receipt from the unit and did not have
to "SEE ATTENDANT" and wait behind 40 nitwits buying lottery tickets
or contemplating the pro/cons of a lighter in the shape of a skull.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

It's just PITA, that's all.

We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit

card in.

Yes harry, we've had "pay at the pump" for years here in US/Canada.

Maybe 10+ years.

That's not the point.

The point is the credit-card processing charges that merchants are

increasingly try to NOT pay - by enticing customers to pay with cash -

or (I guess) debit now.

Also the big stores are going self checkout with machines that

accept coins/ banknotes or credit/debit cards.

Yes, we have self-checkout here too - but I don't think that (many?) of

them take cash. Just cards.

I can state with full certainty that both BJ's and Home Depot take cash at their self checkout lanes.

Usually. I don't often use cash at such places but I did at HD today. The
damned thing ate my Jackson and sat there thinking. They had to call a
manager to the front (a 10min wait) to override the system. The stupid thing
then gave me my change plus two $10 bills. There is a reason I don't like
giving cash to a machine.

I think Lowes does too but I'm not 100% sure.

Yes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:55:08 -0700 (PDT), gpsman
wrote:

On Sep 17, 9:43*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

I never cease to be amazed at what people will do to save 60 cents on
a tank of gas when they'll often pay $8g for water, $16+ for coffee
(guilty).

I do but it's not the 60 cents. I reward businesses that keep costs down,
with my business. It encourages more of the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I replaced the typical quoting character () with O's, in case
DoorknobDad doesn't see them.

It's bad enough when you full-quote your responses.

But it's retarded when you double-space them.

Why do you double-space your full-quoted material?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
O On Monday, September 17, 2012 4:15:55 PM UTC-4, Rodney King wrote:
O O harry wrote:
O O
O O
O O
O O O O It's just PITA, that's all.
O O
O O O
O O
O O O We have petrol/gas pumps in the UK with a slot to put your credit
O O
O O O card in.
O O
O O
O O
O O Yes harry, we've had "pay at the pump" for years here in US/Canada.
O O
O O Maybe 10+ years.
O O
O O
O O
O O That's not the point.
O O
O O
O O

(...)
Posted to alt.home.repair

O O harry wrote:
[...]

Sorry Mom.

I'll try to be more

careful

next

time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:
[...]

Then why do they offer a discount for cash? Seems kind of silly to offer a
discount for the method that costs them the most. Wouldn't they offer the
discount on the cheapest method to entice customers to use it...or offer no
discount at all?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can state with full certainty that both BJ's and Home Depot take cash
at their self checkout lanes.

Usually. I don't often use cash at such places but I did at HD today. The
damned thing ate my Jackson and sat there thinking.

What do you mean usually? The machine at HD certainly took your money. ;-)