Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash.

On Sep 17, 12:29*pm, Frank wrote:
On 9/17/2012 12:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What does a credit card slot in a gas pump have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

What does anything in your reply have to do with paying with cash in order to get the discount?

Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

Does harry really think that we don't have card slots on our gas pumps
here in the US?

Telling us that they can pay at the pump with cards has nothing to do
with paying with cash in order to get a discount.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

We have a chain near me that does gas, convenience store, car wash,
oil change, detailing, hand waxing, etc. All sorts of packages like 5
cents off per gallon with a car wash, $19.99 oil change after the car
wash, etc.

Their pumps took cash for a few short months (I never tried it) but
now they all have a sign on the cash slot claiming that they are out
of order. Every pump at every location. Obviously something didn't
work out.