Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash.

On 9/17/2012 9:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've been going for years without carrying too much cash, mostly
relying on my debit card. $20 - $25 was enough for the occasional low
cost purchase or to order subs at work, things like that.

Now, with gas prices being where they are, I'm noticing more and more
stations offering three cents off for cash purchases. Now I find I
have to carry close to $100 if I want to fill up and still have my $20
- $25 pocket cash.

It's just PITA, that's all.

Why? carry enough for a typical day. I kind of like cutting banks out of
transactions too.

We have a number of recent cash only stations around here that offer
even better discounts (typically $0.11-14/gal) than you describe.