Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Gas Prices. Now I have to carry cash.

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:49:07 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
Guess he's saying they can pay at the pump with the credit or debit card.

I've never seen a gas pump that takes cash.

Most stations I have been to in the last good number of years will take the
cards.

Over 40 years ago when gas was less than a buck a gallon, there was a gas
station somewhere in South Carolina that took dollar bills. The station was
closed at night but the pump would work with the dollars. My dad always
made sure he had a bunch of dollar bills when we went to the beach so he
could get gas if needed.

There is a gas station here that runs 24hrs. but is only attended until
10:00PM. The pumps still take plastic after "closing".