Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Case of the stolen snow shovel

Captured on home surveillance camera.

The Crime, The Revenge and The Reaction:

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkAJ-CQvkwA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 2:44*pm, Oren wrote:
Captured on home surveillance camera.

The Crime, The Revenge and The Reaction:

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkAJ-CQvkwA

Pretty funny! Do you think she knew it was the shovel's owner that
did it? Maybe we should look for her video on YouTube - Avenging the
Revenge!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2011 2:53 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, wrote:
Captured on home surveillance camera.

The Crime, The Revenge and The Reaction:

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkAJ-CQvkwA

Pretty funny! Do you think she knew it was the shovel's owner that
did it? Maybe we should look for her video on YouTube - Avenging the
Revenge!

I had a problem at one time with people parking across my driveway and
blocking the front of my business. My cop friend told me it would be a
crime for me to damage the vehicles in any way including flattening the
tires. I told him I would think of something and I did. I started
covering their tags with duct tape and I imagine quite a few wound up
face down on the pavement with cops pointing guns at them. I told my cop
friend what I had done and after laughing himself silly, told me
that a traffic ticket for an obscured tag was quite expensive. So
whenever anyone pulled up to my place and asked if it was OK to park

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"Oren" wrote in message
Captured on home surveillance camera.

The Crime, The Revenge and The Reaction:

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkAJ-CQvkwA

Great! Many years ago (mid 60s) my brother and I clear a space in front of
our house to park. A lady from a block away took the spot. We just took
buckets of water and poured it over the car until coated. She did not
return. People get killed in the cities for taking a shoveled spot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

blocking the front of my business. My cop friend told me it would be a
crime for me to damage the vehicles in any way including flattening the
tires. I told him I would think of something and I did. I started
covering their tags with duct tape and I imagine quite a few wound up
face down on the pavement with cops pointing guns at them. I told my cop
friend what I had done and after laughing himself silly, told me
that a traffic ticket for an obscured tag was quite expensive. So
whenever anyone pulled up to my place and asked if it was OK to park
there I said it would cost them a minimum of $300.00. :-)

Damn, you're evil!

No he ain't

Sure he is. I like it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

blocking the front of my business. My cop friend told me it would be a
crime for me to damage the vehicles in any way including flattening the
tires. I told him I would think of something and I did. I started
covering their tags with duct tape and I imagine quite a few wound up
face down on the pavement with cops pointing guns at them. I told my cop
friend what I had done and after laughing himself silly, told me
that a traffic ticket for an obscured tag was quite expensive. So
whenever anyone pulled up to my place and asked if it was OK to park
there I said it would cost them a minimum of $300.00. :-)

Damn, you're evil!

No he ain't

Sure he is. I like it!

You would've liked one brother of mine.

He put black snakes in a purse, along the roadside. First time I saw
all four doors open at once on a Cadillac - just after the tail lights
shining brightly.

Today we would call it mass evacuation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, *wrote:
[...]

Ah, you are one of those guys...

I have a few ways of fixing people like you once and for
all that cost a couple of thousand a pop...

So rather than deal with the issue legally, by complaining
to the proper government agency and petitioning for
"NO PARKING ANYTIME" signs being posted in front
of your driveway, you tamper with someone else's vehicle
which is contrary to the advice your wise cop friend gave
you...

You wouldn't like my kind of medicine... Because what
goes around comes around... :-O

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

Oh you poor misinformed fellow. I did complain to the proper
authorities and because ALL of the people in charge are those
dastardly Affirmative Action morons, nothing was done by any
city official. I think you missed the part where I did absolutely
no damage to anyone's vehicle. Duck tape peals right off a tag
without causing any damage. Another thing you are clueless about
is the type of person who would block my drive despite the "NO
PARKING" signs and the fact that those wonderful innocents would
look right at the "NO TRESPASSING" signs and ignore them too.
When I politely informed them that they were blocking my drive,
those angelic drivers would spew a whole litany of foul and racist
epithets in my direction. It's amazing the number of curse words
a Negro female can scream per second. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 9:41*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, * *wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Hmm. Very intereating.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Must be some mistake. I thought black people could not be
racist? Maybe she was just illiterate?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

When I politely informed them that they were blocking my
drive,
those angelic drivers would spew a whole litany of foul and
racist
epithets in my direction. It's amazing the number of curse
words
a Negro female can scream per second. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, *wrote:
[...]

~~ Evan- Hide quoted text -

What makes you thing that putting up a "no parking" sign in a "no
parking" zone will accomplish anything? They are parking illegally is
the bottom line and deserve the results.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote the following:
On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

I don't know about your state, but here is an excerpt from the NYS
Vehicle and Traffic Law.
This is a state law. If your state has a similar law, the authorities
were not doing their job.

SEC. 1202.
Stopping, standing, or parking prohibited in specified places
~~~~~
2. Stand or park a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except momentarily
to pick up or discharge a passenger or passengers:
a. In front of a public or private driveway;

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

I started covering their tags with duct tape

Good one!

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had a problem at one time with people parking across my driveway and
blocking the front of my business. My cop friend told me it would be a
crime for me to damage the vehicles in any way including flattening the
tires. I told him I would think of something and I did. I started
covering their tags with duct tape and I imagine quite a few wound up
face down on the pavement with cops pointing guns at them. I told my
cop friend what I had done and after laughing himself silly, told me
that a traffic ticket for an obscured tag was quite expensive. So
whenever anyone pulled up to my place and asked if it was OK to park
there I said it would cost them a minimum of $300.00. :-)

We used to have that problem when our city's Fourth of July
celebration took place at the lake across the street from us. People
intent on having their picnic and watching the fireworks show would
park anywhere, including in our driveways, even when we homeowners
were ordering them to GTFO. We'd just phone a towing service. Towing
companies never pass up an opportunity to make their hefty profits.
And it's fun watching mom and dad's reaction when, hours later, they
and their whiny kids suddenly realize their car is GONE. Serves 'em right!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 12:19*pm, Vinny From NYC wrote:
I started covering their tags with duct tape

Good one!

We used to live in an apartment building with limited parking space.
But we were near an area with big athletic events. And people would
discover our spaces instead of paying to park.
One of the occupants had reminders that would go in an envelope,
along with a couple of their tire valve cores.
Didn't take them long to learn to go elsewhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2011 11:47 AM, Hell Toupee wrote:

[...]

Why is it that assholes are so surprised when they get their ass handed
to them. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 12:49*pm, Michael B wrote:
On Feb 9, 12:19*pm, Vinny From NYC wrote:

I started covering their tags with duct tape

Good one!

We used to live in an apartment building with limited parking space.
But we were near an area with big athletic events. And people would
discover our spaces instead of paying to park.
One of the occupants had reminders that would go in an envelope,
*along with a couple of their tire valve cores.
Didn't take them long to learn to go elsewhere.

We lived across the street from a NYC college. On weekends and late
night we could park anywhere we wanted, but during school hours it was
packed for blocks around.

We had to get special permission, after many meetings with our local
police department, to block our own driveways during school hours. The
agreement was that if we put a sign on our dash with our address, they
wouldn't ticket us. If we forgot, we were free game.

On the rare occasions when a student would try to fool the police with
a sign, we just called it in and waited for the cops to tell them it
wasn't our car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

An old towel applied to the windshield with some water, or over the door
seams, and allowed to sit works well, too. Or just a squirt of water into
the keyholes ....................... SuperGlue works good for that, too,
but that's a bit of overkill. That's usually reserved for the unfaithful,
or those who visit them. Better if the car is unlocked, and you can get to
the ignition ................

I never actually did this, but just heard about it from a friend who heard
it from his cousin's hairdresser's gardener.

Then there's the cop car being chained to the fire hydrant in "American
Graffitti."

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Feb 2011 01:07:31 GMT, "Lisa BB."
wrote:

I was parked at the curb. A stupid old woman pulled up and hit my rear
bumper. I was leaning into the car to pick up items and when she hit, then
I hit my head. I tried to talk to her and she claimed "i only tapped it a
little bit." I waited for her to go inside and I removed one of her wiper
blades and tossed it in the trash. I was so angry because of bumping my
head and she wouldn't own up to it and apologize. I'd love to see what
happened when it rained. I took the driver's blade.

It don't rain much in the Mojave Desert.

Why take/steal the wiper blade? For 39 cents, you could've bought two
Idaho potatoes and stuffed them up her tail pipe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2011 7:09 PM, Lisa BB. wrote:
Vinny From wrote in
:

I started covering their tags with duct tape

Good one!

Love it! or maybe a can of spray paint may "accidentally' go off onto the
tag.

No, that's actual damage/vandalism, the tape peals off with no damage.
I do have some crack and peal paper(the type used for stick on labels)
that I once used to print my own bumper stickers with nasty, offensive
things on them. I would paste them on a vehicle blocking two parking
spaces or the vehicle of someone who knowingly cut me off in traffic.
People will often cut you off by accident but the extension of the
middle finger or the mouthing of foul language can indicate that it was
no accident. I would follow them if I had time and see where they parked
then install one of my rude bumper stickers on their vehicle. "Kiss My
Ass COP!", "Nuke The Nxxxxrs", anything that would attract unwanted
attention to the unpleasant person. With the advent of scads of
surveillance cameras, it's much more risky than it once was. My modus
operandi has always been to cause no damage or not to harm anyone. Of
course if someone else wants to kick the offender's ass, it's OK with
me. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2011 7:07 PM, Lisa BB. wrote:
The Daring wrote in
:

On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

Why are people such jerks? If I had bumped your car I would have been
very concerned and very apologetic. The problem I run into is people
who scream obscenities at me when I try to apologize for bumping into
them in line or some such. I don't have a backup alarm on my trousers
and I'll have people get right up behind me in a queue and I can hit
them in the face with my elbow if I'm not careful. I have to be very
careful when turning around or stepping back because I could knock a
little person to the floor. The bad part, is some of them think it was
done on purpose. :-(

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:07:30 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

An old towel applied to the windshield with some water, or over the door
seams, and allowed to sit works well, too. Or just a squirt of water into
the keyholes ....................... SuperGlue works good for that, too,
but that's a bit of overkill. That's usually reserved for the unfaithful,
or those who visit them. Better if the car is unlocked, and you can get to
the ignition ................

Years ago I was a Keeper of the Kept. We stopped issuing toothpicks,
The human critters would jam locks by breaking them off in the key
way.

I never actually did this, but just heard about it from a friend who heard
it from his cousin's hairdresser's gardener.

Dried toothpaste in the key way...

Posted to alt.home.repair

(snip)
Why are people such jerks? If I had bumped your car I would have been
very concerned and very apologetic. The problem I run into is people
who scream obscenities at me when I try to apologize for bumping into
them in line or some such. I don't have a backup alarm on my trousers
and I'll have people get right up behind me in a queue and I can hit
them in the face with my elbow if I'm not careful. I have to be very
careful when turning around or stepping back because I could knock a
little person to the floor. The bad part, is some of them think it was
done on purpose. :-(

TDD

Ooh- BTDT. Standing around talking to several guys in the next cubicle
eggcrate over from mine, having a spirited discussion about something or
other. The young lady that sits in the next cube of my eggcrate quietly
walks in to where we all are, to raid the candy dish there, and walks
right into the back of my hand as I am gesturing. Catches her right in
the mouth. The guys all laughed and gave me grief for a week about
'workplace violence'. I, of course, felt horrible about it, and
apologize profusely, because she is one of the few people in the place
that actually acts nice to me. Thankfully no permanent damage to her,
and she SAID she wasn't mad about it. Said she had several brothers
growing up, and was used to stuff like that.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2011 9:38 PM, aemeijers wrote:
(snip)
[...]

The very worst thing in the world for me to experience is when a toddler
runs into my knee. Their little face is right at my knee
level and when the little munchkins do the orangutan walk where
they scurry wildly around a room with their arms in the air just
like Clyde walking around, invariably, the little critter will
come at me and run right into my knee if I'm not paying attention.
The little kid bounces off my knee, hits the floor and starts crying
which rips my heart right out. I couldn't feel worse if you poked
me hard in the stomach with a 2X4. :-(

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 8:07*pm, "Lisa BB." wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote :

On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, * *wrote:
[...]

I know "a guy" who hit a parked car in a parking lot. Lots of people
saw him do it.

He went back into his car a wrote a nice note to the owner, folded it
in half and put it under the wiper. The same people who saw him hit
the car saw him write the note. He then got in his car and drove away.

The note said "I'm sorry I hit your car. There's lots of people
watching me so I figured I'd better write a note. Once again, I'm
sorry."

I never actually did this, but just heard about it from a friend who
heard it from his cousin's hairdresser's gardener.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Love it! or maybe a can of spray paint may "accidentally' go off onto the
tag.

Once in Las Vegas, I was gassing up my car. A guy pulled in with two or
three vehicles on one of those ramp trucks that is either a reposessor or a
transport. His boom box was booming, and booming racist angry filthy spew.
He got out, and started to go in, leaving the boom box running. He took a
few steps, and turned back and reached through the window and turned it off.

"Thank you," I said. He turned back and turned on the boom box again, gave
me a dirty look, and headed inside. I was putting on the gas cap, having
filled up. I was done.

He was on the outside of the island with several cars including mine
blocking his view. I emptied a rather large can of pepper spray into his
opened vehicle window and left. He had California plates, so imagine he
either was delayed getting back to Cal, or drove with the windows open.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Why are people such jerks? If I had bumped your car I would have been
very concerned and very apologetic. The problem I run into is people
who scream obscenities at me when I try to apologize for bumping into
them in line or some such. I don't have a backup alarm on my trousers
and I'll have people get right up behind me in a queue and I can hit
them in the face with my elbow if I'm not careful. I have to be very
careful when turning around or stepping back because I could knock a
little person to the floor. The bad part, is some of them think it was
done on purpose. :-(

"Sir, if you're doing what I think you're doing, be advised that it will
cost you."

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was holding a toddler boy at church, years ago.
He's about six, now. Anyhow, he shook like a
horseback jockey "Arcaro's Disease" from the
book "What Dr. Spock Didn't Tell You". Fell
off my knee, landed on his head, and cried. Mom
came over, picked him up, and loved him up. A
couple minutes later he's back on my knee. Mom
looked surprised. I commented that was "so, so
five minutes ago".

Most toddlers have very little in the way of memory
cells. They can be howling one minute, and running
the next. I'm sure no lasting damage was done.
Though, during that minute or two of howling is
really rough on normal adults.

I'll remember to bring a two by four next time I come
down your way and visit. Take your mind off the kid.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message

The very worst thing in the world for me to experience
is when a toddler runs into my knee. Their little face is
right at my knee level and when the little munchkins do
the orangutan walk where they scurry wildly around a
room with their arms in the air just like Clyde walking
around, invariably, the little critter will come at me and
run right into my knee if I'm not paying attention. The
little kid bounces off my knee, hits the floor and starts
crying which rips my heart right out. I couldn't feel
worse if you poked me hard in the stomach with a
2X4. :-(

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Air freshener can have some effect, if your pepper
spray is in your other duty belt.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2011 6:23 AM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Why are people such jerks? If I had bumped your car I would have been
very concerned and very apologetic. The problem I run into is people
who scream obscenities at me when I try to apologize for bumping into
them in line or some such. I don't have a backup alarm on my trousers
and I'll have people get right up behind me in a queue and I can hit
them in the face with my elbow if I'm not careful. I have to be very
careful when turning around or stepping back because I could knock a
little person to the floor. The bad part, is some of them think it was
done on purpose. :-(

"Sir, if you're doing what I think you're doing, be advised that it will
cost you."

Buying groceries, gasoline and standing in line at the bank? You're
right about the cost.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 8:07*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
An old towel applied to the windshield with some water, or over the door
seams, and allowed to sit works well, too. *Or just a squirt of water into
the keyholes ....................... *SuperGlue works good for that, too,
but that's a bit of overkill. *That's usually reserved for the unfaithful,
or those who visit them. *Better if the car is unlocked, and you can get to
the ignition ................

many years ago a male politician was having a affair, the husbuand of
the gal found out. he happened to drive a concrete truck. the
politican had just bought a new caddy......

so while the politician was in having fun.

the husband filled the car with concrete....

it had to be removed with a backhoe, car totaled.

politican was told you cant turn it in on your insurance or report it
to police or your affair will become public knowledge.

this was in the 1970s before affairs were common knowledge.

mc kees rocks pa near pittsburgh
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 6:31*am, " wrote:
On Feb 9, 8:07*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

[...]

That beard needs braiding.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lisa BB." wrote in
b.com:

Vinny From NYC wrote in
:

I started covering their tags with duct tape

Good one!

Love it! or maybe a can of spray paint may "accidentally' go off onto
the tag.

that damages the plate,thus it's vandalism.
Tape can be removed without damage,just a bit of work.

you could also use a bumper sticker.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Lisa BB." wrote in
b.com:

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

On 2/8/2011 9:56 PM, Evan wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

Vandalism.
I would have let the air out of a couple of her tires.
They can be reinflated,AAA trucks carry a portable compressor.
But it takes hours for them to arrive. B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik